Cheating

ONYX

My views on cheating are this, as far as I know, there is no cheats in NOLF that “stop the world”, there are few little hacks and cheats out there that don’t matter a bean, if someone needs to use them……….. they probably need to use them.

In some ways the game is self regulating, cheaters will expose themselves as they play, we know who uses the “wall hack” sometimes……so what..….its more of a challenge to play against them.

The top players don’t use cheats cause they don’t need to, I’m not saying I’m a top player, far from it, but the only way to improve is to play against these challenges.

Being a bit of a techno-noob, I haven’t tried any of the cheats, I can’t be bothered to find out how to do it. So, until a NOLF aimbot or something hits the scene, I feel quite relaxed about the whole cheating scenario, I treat all “cheating” accusations quite lightly, almost amusing, am I wrong to do this?

Is it more serious than that?

comments & opinions please………

(PS. For the record I do not think Leftnut cheats and never have, he is a pain in the ‘arris with that explosive xbow in Oceanic (wish I was that good), but it ain’t cheating!)

Another cheating thread huh? :rolleyes:

Go drink some tea or something, Onyx.

I think Blue cheats.

there is only one topic on this forum that is excluded from the rules Foxsy and this one isn't it. So please refrain from the "comments" like the one you made in your reply.

Well back to cheating, I am so glad that cheating is just not allowed. It isn't and shouldn't be up the individual to decide for themselves if using hacks is cool or not. What's next, we're going to accept doping in sports just because "obviously the athletes who use it, need it"? Of course we're not - the whole point of sports, games and even online games, is to measure abilities on an even playing field. Somtimes it's a very serious thing, other times more for fun, but the principle of an even playing field stands no matter what.

Personally I just can't imagine what joy there is in winning against others when you know you have an unfair advantage. Cheating is really beyond pathetic.

I take it from your comment, you're on the same side of the fence as me???

Relaxed about the whole cheating thing,

I don't do it, you don't do it, there ain't many who do do it, but every now and then it hits the fan, and it just so happened some hit me for not taking it serious enough :(

Edited by {SFI} ONYX

How many times are you going to discuss this subject? :lol: No one likes cheaters as far as I know. Instead of disgussing cheaters you could discuss jealosy since thats what more people here are. If it wasnt for that, barely anyone would have to be called cheater.

I think Blue cheats.

U can be a little more friendly and a little less arrogant Fox

I never understand how a cheater can have fun???

Fun, for me, are the surprises in the game...

F.e. i run around a corner......and there stands....

with a bad grin in his face...a ninja with a rocket-launcher!!!

Cheaters have a problem....they cant loose...they love no surprise

and they do this at the cost of others.

How many times are you going to discuss this subject? :lol: No one likes cheaters as far as I know. Instead of disgussing cheaters you could discuss jealosy since thats what more people here are. If it wasnt for that, barely anyone would have to be called cheater.

This is to discuss as long as people cheating...

Actually, we just cleared up that tagging cheat pretty well, didn't we? Some people admitted to that. Not bad.

As for those stooping to actually installing a hack, maybe they will read this and realize just how pathetic their cheating is. It's worth a shot!

• 2 weeks later...

What are these cheats? I have never heard of them. I see people yelling "cheater" a lot in the games, but I have no clue how someone would cheat, or how I would spot it. What is the "tag cheat?"

I once had to shoot someone who was sleeping three times with an explosive bow. They flew all over the place as I shot them, but did not die until the third shot. Is there a health or an armor cheat?

I think of using hacks as similar to using map-flaws, or blanking out your name so that you are more invisible. Some people do these things from the same motivation as learning to sneak well, or exploring maps solo before they play them in company. They are seeking advatanges in a competitive environment. As players become acquainted with the gaming culture, they usually, hopefully, acquire sportsmanship and etiquette. In time, most people grow to realize that having some class is more desirable than cheap victories.

and people who reading this keep their eyes more

open. Before this topics i never mentioned a tag-cheat.

But now i look and catch sometimes someone ;)