Anyway to get 16:9 resolutions?

• 5 months later...

I followed the instructions here (did not download any mods yet though because apparently I have to post in order to be able to - wtf?) and I have 2 problems:

- the weapon models are okay in 1080p but everything else appear to be stretched

- I am missing some parts of the UI like tips, texts and other stuff

How can I fix these issues?

Edit: Okay, sorted out the stretching but texts and menus are still bad. Looks like I'd need the Widescreen Menu Fix for that.

Edit: Tried URA's Multiplayer Launcher mod and texts are still off-screen. This looks bad, I'd like to see the subtitles. :( The values are perfect for 1650 x 1050 for example but bad for 1920x1080. Guess I'll have to figure out the correct values myself somehow

Edited by Zaxx

I followed the instructions here (did not download any mods yet though because apparently I have to post in order to be able to - wtf?) and I have 2 problems:

- the weapon models are okay in 1080p but everything else appear to be stretched

- I am missing some parts of the UI like tips, texts and other stuff

How can I fix these issues?

Edit: Okay, sorted out the stretching but texts and menus are still bad. Looks like I'd need the Widescreen Menu Fix for that.

Edit: Tried URA's Multiplayer Launcher mod and texts are still off-screen. This looks bad, I'd like to see the subtitles. :( The values are perfect for 1650 x 1050 for example but bad for 1920x1080. Guess I'll have to figure out the correct values myself somehow

wtf=welcome to fun right?

Welcome to UHQ

Unfortunately since the NOLF games were made before widescreens it only gets so good. Personally using the Nview tools with my Nvidia card I've been able to set widescreen without any mods.

ps: a post isn't much to ask of you to download files ;)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I hope I can have subtitles again with widescreen resolutions and correct FOV ! thanks to you !

-edit- with Ura launcher, I used 1920x1200 custom resolution but I still not have subtitles displayed on cinematics...help !

Tried Weapons Mod 5B too...

Edited by JohnnyRico

so, any suggestions on which method of widescreen is the best to try? config files, command line, mods, combination of each?

stil playing through nolf 1 atm, but id like to get nolf 2 setup before i start on it ^_^

so, any suggestions on which method of widescreen is the best to try? config files, command line, mods, combination of each?

stil playing through nolf 1 atm, but id like to get nolf 2 setup before i start on it ^_^

I'd start with the screen mods we have in the downloads.

Hi. I've spent the last couple of hours trying to get widescreen to work properly. While I managed to boot the game with widescreen, the text is always cropped and improperly framed.

I've tried both Ura's Weapons-5b mod and the multiplayer launcher mod. Also, when using the weapons mod, the logo for the mod shows up on startup, but the game crashes upon starting or loading a new game.

I'm using a 64-bit installation of Windows 7. Any ideas?

Also, like the previous poster, there's no display.cfg in the installation directory.

Edited by processlink