NOLF2 Installation

Hello =)

I'm a big fan of NOLF2. 5 or 6 years ago I got a CD, installed the game on my old PC and everything was OK.

Yesterday I wanted to install the game on my notebook with Windows 7, but for some reason it failed.

Firstly, I tried this:

33wy7iw.jpg

I started installation as administrator.

At the beginning everything is alright, but then I get error message "Not enough memory".

28qyjab.png

It's some kind of mistake, because physical memory and disk space are large.

I close this message and get it again. I again close it and get it again. After closing the last I get another preety error message:

25k67go.png

It seems like program in UnPak.dll requested some resource, but request failed and returned invalid address.

I close this window (wondering what will be next) and appears this thingy:

2e2jgib.png

When I press "generate" and "start" one more time I get a few error messages "not enough memory".

After closing, sound unpacking starts and fails. Error message: "Error opening file Sound.pwa"

When it wrote in the end that installation was "successful". For some reason I was sure that the game won't even start.

When I tried to start the game I got such nice message:

"ERROR in CGlobalClientMgr::Init() Couldn't initialize DebrisMgr. Make sure ...".

Please somebody help me. Of course I still can play it on my old pc, but I really wanted to try it on more powerfull machine.

hi Farsh...welcome to the forums......I can't help you :blush: ......but I'm sure when one of our Techies comes online :c-3: they'll be able to help you

I have a Compaq desktop machine with Win 7 Home Premium (32-bit). When I installed NOLF2, I didn't do it as administrator, I didn't use any compatibility mode, and I made a point of not installing DirectX 8.1. The game works fine (even though I haven't patched it yet).

You might try installing the game after a fresh boot of the machine. If some program that you were running prior to the installation has a memory leak, then that could cause you problems during the NOLF2 installation.

Are you using a Russian release of NOLF2 or is it an English language release? I noticed you have a Win 7 installation that is localized for Russian.

First off welcome to the forum.

When you installed did you right click and select the "run as administrator option"?

I'd rerun the install using that option first off.

Next after that install the patches (all can be found in our downloads section.

Run them the same way (the right click run as administrator option)

Thanks people, but nothing helps.

Maybe the main problem is 64 bit Windows.

I set "run as administrator" option and selected recommended compatibility mode.

The program still crashes after it finishes copying file and wants to upack data.

Patch can help when program was installed, so it's not my case.

:P

I copied a whole NOLF2 directory with a game from another (32 bit) machine. There are some problems with sound (no sounds) and "client MFC" but I'll try some patches that you recommended. The main thing is that it runs and I'm happy now.

Edited by farsh

Thanks people, but nothing helps.

Maybe the main problem is 64 bit Windows.

I set "run as administrator" option and selected recommended compatibility mode.

The program still crashes after it finishes copying file and wants to upack data.

Patch can help when program was installed, so it's not my case.

:P

I copied a whole NOLF2 directory with a game from another (32 bit) machine. There are some problems with sound (no sounds) and "client MFC" but I'll try some patches that you recommended. The main thing is that it runs and I'm happy now.

It's missing the registry entries. That is the most likely cause for the issue.

Nolf 2 runs just fine on 64 bit Windows 7 (I run it that way myself)