Superbowl XL - Yay Steelers (and Seahawks too)

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

haha, yah i know there is no 'competition' but i just threw that out there...

but yah, looks like he didnt make it, and he got it from somewhere else, but thats just at first glance, i dont know for sure...

Quite judgmental of a comment there ;) have you asked him? One should never assume.

well, that is why i said i dont know for sure...

things leading me to "assume" this thought...

1) the "ELE" in the top corner... (dont know what it stands for...maybe a company?)

2) that picture of sean alexander has to be almost impossible to come by, but hey, it could be done...

and if u did make it...MAD props major...

im just wonderin thats all...

this is all i could pull outta my booty in the last 20 minutes or so since my last post...i just made these 2...

IPB Image

(i love polamalu's hair in this one, it looks cool) :P

IPB Image

i of course like the 2nd better, but they are both cool.

definatly trying to make one like major has would take about 30 minutes or so, and i dont want to spend that much time on something i wont use, so i am not going to, but if he made it, its VERY nice ;)

and i have always liked the Steelers, since they were my first love...but they are second to the titans...

pittsburgh has always just been a team of interest of mine...

especially since troy palamalu is playing there...(USC Trojans...favorite college team)...

and im not a huge steelers fan anywayz...

[see my sig]..

:blink: So which is it?

Major - what's with the 'You have to respect us now' below your signature? Who wasn't respecting you? I've been hearing talk over the weekend about the Seahawks whining in the press about deserved respect and the sports guys here seem to think it's silly. Shut up and proove yourselves in the game is their advice. No one here in Pittsburgh seems to think the Seahawks aren't a worthy opponent... so what's the story?

Major - what's with the 'You have to respect us now' below your signature? Who wasn't respecting you? I've been hearing talk over the weekend about the Seahawks whining in the press about deserved respect and the sports guys here seem to think it's silly. Shut up and proove yourselves in the game is their advice. No one here in Pittsburgh seems to think the Seahawks aren't a worthy opponent... so what's the story?

He's quoting a local Seattle sports anchor. Seems the FOX sports people were making comments after the Panthers game. That's where that line started.

He's quoting a local Seattle sports anchor. Seems the FOX sports people were making comments after the Panthers game. That's where that line started.

lol I can handle this dear ;)

Bella does the quote specify Pittsburgh? It was a generic comment made after the panthers game cause the fox people kept focusing on how the poor panther players were frustrated etc. People in the northwest were calling the local station making comments on how biased the commentary seemed to be during the game. Seattle just wants their due from the commentators too.

I wasn't inferring that the Steelers had anything to do with it, I was just relaying information I'd heard from the local sports commentators. It's rather interesting, actually, because of all the 'underdogs' comments directed towards the Steelers during the entire playoffs. Looks like both teams weren't really expected to win according to the professional sports gurus. :D

This is the most exciting thing to happen to Seattle since.....

A) Niles and Frazier Crane

B ) Starbucks went public

C) The movie "Singles" came out (Co-staring Matt Dillon whose is from the same town I grew up in.)

D) The movie "Sleepless in Seattle" came out.

E) The Grunge look died.

RXS...

me saying im not a "huge" fan, just simply means they arent my #1 team...

me saying i follow my favorite players also does not mean i dont like the steelers...

i am a confused young lad though, as major said, but u all knew that anywayz...

what happens is...i get to talking so much, i confuse even myself...

simply stated...

Titans are and always will be my favorite team...

Yancey Thigpen is my favorite player...

Steelers are a team i like to watch, and one i root for a lot, this is why i say they are my 2nd favorite...

although honestly...whichever team in the league that has a succesful USC star, and isnt the titans...is a 2nd favorite for me :P

I Follow my USC stars...USC is MY TEAM...if i had to claim only 1 team to be a fan of the rest of my life...college and/or pro...and all that...id choose USC no doubt...

:D

i really like Cincinatti...carson palmer tearing it up...

they are gonna have a few straight years of domination over there like Patriots did...(soon as they get a solid defence)...dont get me wrong, its not bad, but its not that good either...

also...to e1 and major...

the people talking about "oh my, seatle doesnt trash talk...etc. etc. etc."...

u guys were the first team to throw out the trash talking ;)

just so u know...

now, this quote isnt gonna be exact, but it will be close...

Tight End Jeremy Stevens - Seatle Seahawks

"The Story About Bus, And His Amazing Career Is Really Heart-Warming And All, But It Isnt Going To Matter, Because He Is Not Ending His Career With A Ring, We Are Winning That Superbowl."

this of course sparked Joey Porter, who had a remark, which i dont remember enough to give an even close to accurate quote...

Tight End Jeremy Stevens - Seatle Seahawks

"The Story About Bus, And His Amazing Career Is Really Heart-Warming And All, But It Isnt Going To Matter, Because He Is Not Ending His Career With A Ring, We Are Winning That Superbowl."

How is that "trash talking" sounds like he is motivated to give it his best.

my arse...

he just said that his team is for sure gonna win, and that bettis can kiss his dream good bye...and all that stuff...

watch espn once in a while...

its like, the biggest story of the day...

o wait, no, second biggest...

the biggest...is Mr. Knix, New York Knicks...chanting MVP FOR Kobe Bryant at last nights game in madison square garden...i guess at this point, u kinda have to give him the MVP?...

but yah, its being called trash talking by everyone, he is putting down bettis...one of the best running backs of all time in the nfl...

top 5 in the record books...

that says something ;)

Almost as much drama for the superbowl as in nolf :P

Steelers' Porter gets 'taste of blood', blasts Stevens

NFL.com wire reports

PONTIAC, Mich. (Feb. 1, 2006) -- Steelers linebacker Joey Porter minded his manners and said nothing derogatory about the Seahawks during his first two days at the Super Bowl. That changed Feb. 1 after Seattle tight end Jerramy Stevens effectively guaranteed a victory.

Porter said Stevens' remarks were all he needed to get him going for the Super Bowl.

"I've been asleep all week but now I got woke up," Porter said. "I've got my first taste of blood and now I'm thirsty for more. Until now, it was 'Watch what I say,' `I can't say this,' `I can't say that,' `Don't do anything silly,' but I'm ready now.

"You look for the guys that say something that aren't supposed to say nothing, and I feel like he definitely was out of pocket to say what he said," Porter said. "I'm going to make sure he owns up to those words."

What agitated Porter were Stevens' comments Jan. 31 about Steelers star Jerome Bettis' much-publicized return to his hometown of Detroit to try to win a Super Bowl in what likely is his final season.

"It's a heartwarming story and all that, but it will be a sad day when he leaves without that trophy," said Stevens, who said later he wasn't guaranteeing a victory but was only saying what he felt.

Stevens also said Porter will have a difficult time whenever he is matched up with Seahawks All-Pro tackle Walter Jones.

"He had a huge game in the AFC championship game coming off the edge on the blitz," Stevens said of Porter. "I don't think he is going to have such an easy day against Walt, though."

Porter said Stevens' remarks made it even easier to get himself ready to play in his first Super Bowl.

"He's too soft to say something like that," Porter said. "He's going to have the opportunity to back up his words. I'm going to have the opportunity to back up my words. So, it's something I'm looking forward to and I'm ready to get going."

Porter also called Stevens "a first-round bust who barely made some plays this season." He also said a player of Stevens' stature "has a lot of nerve" to say what he said about Bettis.

Porter's outburst was the latest in a series of strong or inflammatory comments by him during these NFL playoffs.

He riled up the Colts during the divisional round by saying they relied on tricks and wouldn't play smashmouth football, then accused the NFL officiating crew of cheating the Steelers during their 21-18 upset of the Colts.

Steelers coach Bill Cowher subsequently cautioned Porter and other players about making comments that opposing teams might use for motivation. He also called Porter's officiating comments "ridiculous," and Porter subsequently had little to say before Pittsburgh's 34-17 victory over Denver in the AFC Championship Game.

Steelers players also were cautioned before the Super Bowl about not saying anything that the Seahawks could use for motivation, but Porter didn't seem to care.

"When a guy says something who lines up in front of me on every play, I have to like that," Porter said. "He has to see me. There's no way he can hide from me. We have to meet -- over and over and over. ... I'll remind him every time I put him on his back."

Porter also said he was going to remind his Steelers teammates repeatedly what was said.

"It was good to hear it, I needed that," Porter said. "He spoke out of turn right there."

And what might Cowher think of his comments?

"I do what I have do to get myself going and he likes to see me going," Porter said. "He knows once I get going, he knows what kind of player he's going to get. That's going to make me play at a high level."

The NFL did not fine Porter for his officiating comments. But the league issued a statement that one of the calls Porter was upset about in the Colts' game -- an apparent interception by Steelers safety Troy Polamalu -- was incorrectly overturned upon review.

lol, yah listen to the old fart who does nothing but play nolf and mess with computers...

blah, he knows nothing...

Coming from someone with VAST years of experience I'll take your statement bible Factor................

the biggest...is Mr. Knix, New York Knicks...chanting MVP FOR Kobe Bryant at last nights game in madison square garden...i guess at this point, u kinda have to give him the MVP?...

As the New York Sports fan is the most educated sports fan there is, we are well able to recognize another teams star. Chanting MVP for Kobe, was also intended as a slap in the face to the Knicks players, and Larry (*&)(*& Dolan the _)*(_) -head owner of the Knicks, Rangers, and MSG.

No, MY arse! Chauncey Billips should get MVP! I don't care how good Kobe is, he aint taking his team anywhere fast. He's a shooter, great. Chauncy is a shooter AND a leader.

Factor who's slamming who?

Porter continues verbal attack on 'Hawks

'We’re going to try to send as many people to the sideline as we can'

The Associated Press

Updated: 1:13 p.m. ET Feb. 2, 2006

PONTIAC, Mich. - Pittsburgh linebacker Joey Porter kept up his verbal barrage against the Seahawks, saying Thursday the Steelers will be so physical in the Super Bowl they will try to make Seattle quit playing.

“We’re going to try to tap out as many people as we can, I’m going to put it like that,” Porter said at the Steelers players’ final pre-Super Bowl news conference. “We’re going to try to send as many people to the sideline as we can.”

Asked what he meant by “tap out,” Porter patted the top of his head with his hand — a sign that the player is tired or injured and wants to be taken out of the game.

Porter’s latest comments came a day after he ripped Seahawks tight end Jerramy Stevens’ seemingly harmless comment that Seattle planned to spoil Jerome Bettis’ retirement party by winning the Super Bowl.

Stevens seemed mystified by Porter’s reaction, calling it “ridiculous.”

But, a day after both players sat at small tables with few people around them at Super Bowl news conferences, each was given a podium to accommodate the large crowds that wanted to hear them Thursday.

“Some people need something to be motivated. If that’s what he found, that’s what he found,” said Stevens, normally unaccustomed to such attention. “I don’t feel I was out of line. I meant what I said. I am not going to repeat it to stir something up. I meant it, and I meant it with no disrespect.”

Both coaches also tried to play down any affect on the game by Porter’s constant talking. Seattle coach Mike Holmgren talked to his team about not creating any more distractions.

“I used to lecture my children, too. As much as I’d like to think they’re perfect, they’re not,” Holmgren said.

Steelers coach Bill Cowher said Porter has always been emotional and “was only being himself.”

Porter said he wouldn’t have said anything if Stevens hadn’t talked.

“I don’t want to go into a situation where you can’t say how you really feel and you’re acting like it’s going to be a nice day,” Porter said. “It’s not going to be a nice day. They’re trying to come out and win the same trophy I want to win and only one of us can have it.

“Now I know how they really feel, and now I can tell you know how I really feel, I don’t have to hold any punches any more. If they’re looking for a fight, I’ve been ready for a fight,” Porter said.

Despite the stir, Stevens doesn’t think any of the comments will affect the outcome.

“This is something I wish I didn’t have to deal with but it’s not that big a deal,” Stevens said. “What’s said right now won’t have any impact on Sunday. I’m pretty close to unaffected. It doesn’t have any bearing on how I’m going to approach the game.”

Several other Steelers acted as if they wished Porter hadn’t spoken out and possibly given the Seahawks extra motivation, especially during a week that otherwise has seen the two teams be respectful of each other.

“We had to keep him on a gag order a little bit,” wide receiver Hines Ward said. “But if they start it, Joey is going to finish it. Trust me.”

Steelers linebacker James Farrior laughed when he heard the “tap out” comment, saying he’s never seen an NFL player ask to be taken out because the game was too rough.

“I don’t know if he’s going to be able to tap anybody out, this is the Super Bowl,” Farrior said. “He’s going to really have to play hard to tap somebody out.”

The Seahawks aren’t accustomed to Porter’s outbursts, as the Steelers and most of the AFC teams are, and Farrior suggested that might account for the stir created by Porter’s words.

Earlier in the playoffs, Porter suggested the Colts also were a soft team. Then, after the Steelers upset Indianapolis 21-18, Porter accused the game officials of “cheating” the Steelers and suggested the NFL badly wanted Peyton Manning and the Colts to win.

Cowher then stepped in and ended that talk, calling his own player’s comments “ridiculous.”

Farrior said it wouldn’t be a big game if Porter wasn’t talking.

“That’s Joey,” Farrior said. “If you think that was the best of him ... that was nothing. Half the time we laugh at it and think it’s pretty funny. It’s no big deal. We’ve still got to go out and play this game. It’s the Super Bowl, so we don’t need any extra motivation.”

© 2006 The Associated Press.

i didnt say porter wasnt slamming anyone...

tell me one place i said that...

i just said, your team started it ;)

porter was quite until your team had to say something first ;)

anywho...

chauncey billups is one of top 5 contention for MVP...but kobe hitting 81 is hard numbers to fight against...if his team finishes in the playoffs...MVP is his...otherwise, chauncey could get it, elton brand (if he got more media attention), steve nash (same assist numbers, but averaging most points in career)...u could even make a case for Lebron James, just because he is a fan favorite, and his team is winning right now...

but at the end of the day, if the MVP was handed out TODAY...it would be in Kobe's hands...no doubt...