Official DD Maps Walkthroughs

Genesis

Contrary to what I did with DM, I'll put my DD walkthroughs in the same post. We've done 3 of them so far, if anyone wants to help creating the missing ones, go ahead! Please be patient while I gather the texts and picture from my website before posting them here...

SIBERIAN STRIFE

Click in-text links to view screenshots

1) Take a look at the surroundings.

The core is in a valley, between the 2 bases, as usual (pict. 1). The main pathways to it are from the underground corridors, from the valley itself thanks to a snowmobile or by foot, and from the top (sliding from the edge of the cliff is harmless if you stick to the rocks; don't even think about jumping. Take a look at pict. 2 to see where to start sliding from (be sure to start exactly where you can see the snowmobile). The one in charge of the core might think about taking a snowmo, heading for the cliff, and sliding to the core WITH the snowmo. It works, yep. Make sure that other people back you up meanwhile, though.

2) Grab some equipement, don't go out naked.

The best weapons in game are stored in the small barracks facing the core room. Watch out, it's "bombable" (see part 5), which means that ennemies might prevent you from getting the missile launcher and AK-47 + phos in a near future (pict. 3). It's no big deal, anyway, as you'll still be able to grab the AK from the outside even if the building is down into dust. Get close to the window (pict. 4), move your mouse to aproximatively where you can see my crosshair on the picture, and when you'll see "use" or something like that, right-click and the AK is yours.

3) Other interesting weapons here.

There is an ammo box with a few phos bullets in the small cabin up the cliff - under the window. Behind the crates that are great to snipe from is another AK (loaded with normal bullets) and 5 frag grenades that will do much harm to the ennemy if thrown in the valley below. These grenades can deal with a whole ennemy squad heading to your base, innocently thinking that it's gonna be a piece o' cake. Oh, I forgot to mention a box of three micromissiles in the main base corridor (pict. 5).

4) An interesting way of using kitties.

There aren't many kitties in this map. One per base, in a small room with a ladder, as you can see on pict. 6. This furry friend comes in handy from time to time. Place it around corners, and don't forget that it can be heard and seen because of its eyes. So, whenever possible, avoid setting up a kitty facing directly where the ennemies might come from. A great thing to do is to hide a kitty using game engine bugs. There is no real "regulation" prohibiting the use of that trick, at least none that I know of. As shown on pict. 7, kitties fit well INSIDE snowmobiles. I know, it's an old trick, but it still works quite well, especially if the snowmo is "hidden" itself, I mean up a ladder, around a corner, etc. It's difficult to drive it inside buildings, but if you're the official defender or tager, then you might have all the time in the world.

5) Bomb the place! Yeah!

As we've seen before, bombing the ennemy base on this map is not very useful, unless your opponents would never have heard about the AK trick. Anyway, if you have the time to do it, placing a bomb can't do no harm to your team's score... So, let's see how to do it. First, you need explosives. The two ways of getting 'em are: getting inside the base from the top of the cliff (pict. 8); climbing up the ladder that's ina corner of your main underground room (pict. 9). Well, do as you wish, you'll end up in a small room where you'll get what you need, as shown on pict. 10. The easy way of bombing is to use a snowmo. Rush to the ennemy base, head for the barracks, and place the bomb on the red spot that you see on pict. 3. Don't run away! Your ennemies know you're here, and the best thing to do is to prevent them from defusing your bomb. So, go to the "restrooms" and wait for someone to try to defuse your kewl explosive device. Their first reflex will be to take a look around the building to track you down, not to rush inside. If you're lucky, you'll only have to kill one single ennemy before being able to escape. Don't go away before the timer is at 10 or less, otherwise someone still might defuse your bomb. Ifever you're lucky enough to die in the explosion, your heroic life will become legendary...

6) OK, give us some backup and let's rock!

If you're part of the team that will try to grab the ennemy's piece of the DD device, don't forget to check that the other team's OK before rushing to your fate. The easiest way of putting pressure on the opponent is to snipe from the cliff regularly. If they see their mates fall and fall and fall again, they'll think about it twice before invading your base. the 2 best snipe spots are from behind the crates (picts. 11 & 12) and from the farthest end of the cliff (to your left if you face the small cabin. If you want to win this map within a few minutes, or even seconds, use the core rush trick as explained in part 1, and have a second team rushing to the ennemy base with snowmobiles. If your defender takes a few seconds to place your own piece of the DD device, the all thing shouldn't take much more than a minute.

Text by Genesis

Screenshots by Jacques and Genesis

ANTARCTIC AGRESSION

1) Take a look at the surroundings.

The core is in the main building, and there are two ways of picking it up (pict. 1), either from the room above, thanks to a hole in the ceiling as you can see on pic. 10, or from outside, via the main door of your base. The second solution leaves you exposed for a longer while. Take note that you're likely to be sniped on your way, so please stick to the walls and make sure to have a few friends covering you while you go back to your core room.

2) Grab some equipement, don't go out naked.

There are many powerful weapons in this map. The base is fullfilled with grenades and other stuff (pict. 2). Lots of bananas and a few beartraps too, that might help your team's tager a lot. There are NO phos bullets in this map, which is cool. It tends to make the game last a bit longer. Anyway, everyone should be happy and find the weapon they like the most. The micromissile launcher is in the small central building. This room also contains a kitty, the one and only in the whole map, a body armor and a medikit (pict. 3). Always make sure to set a kitty near the door if you're lucky enough to be the first one to enter the building. Other cool places I can think of? Ah, OK. Right behind your main door, for example. Or on the DD device itself. As you're usualy in a hurry when you're in the ennemy base (especially in this map), it tends to make your opponents laugh a lot. Haha, look at their smiling faces when they're lying on the ground after having been wasted by your adorable little kitty. They'll respect you, from now on. Uh, you can try to put a kitty up the main staircase, too. But if you wish to do so, don't forget NOT to place bananas too close to it.

3) An interesting way of using kitties AND bananas.

If you're a kitty lover, then you'll be happy to notice that you're not the only one. You'll get exploded by these nasty little cats once or twice, yeah. A classic, just next to the door in the small central building (pict. 4) - don't forget that these tiny fellas can be wasted from outside the building, since the walls are as thick as printer paper. There are a few interesting places where to set them and offer a cool surprise to your opponents. The old barrel trick works well, as you can see on pict. 5. Yep, there is a kitty behind the barrel. All you have to do is jump on it, and set your cat while facing the wall, right between the two barrels. A very important thing to do in this map is tag and tag again. It's a small map, and if you can't slow your ennemy down, you'll lose within a few seconds if they've got the core already. As you'll see, there are many bananas all around the place. If you're a fighter, don't bother picking them up unless you'd wish to lose your time dispatching them left and right. So, you're the tager? Alright. Then USE THE STEPS (pict. 6). If you aim correctly, they'll end up underneath the steps, almost invisible and very hard to pick up during a tough fight (well, even not during a fight at all). Beartraps will do, too. They're easier to detect, but in the core room's corridor, which is very dark, it works quite well indeed. Tag around corners, in the corridors, tag everywhere you can (pict. 7), but focus on the stairs! The small ones, as seen above, but also the main staircase (pict. 8). Even if everyone knows that it's a virtual banana field, your opponents will need time to pick up your bananas, allowing you to fairly shoot them straight between the eyes.

4) OK, give us some backup and let's rock!

You're one of the fighting force? Whichever team is yours (core or offensive), you'll find out cool sniping spots pretty soon. You might even notice them a bit too late, in fact, after having recieved a bullet via super fast air mail. The first one is the small window shown on pict. 9. As you can see, if you use the sniper rifle, you can easily get rid of the ennemy sniper. Shoot a few random bullets right in front of you, just in case. Then focus on the main door. If you've got a cool friend covering your back, then try another one: above the core room. It'll grant you a 180° shooting angle. If you miss the guy once, you'll get a second chance! Ain't that just great? See picts. 10 & 11. The main assaults, and the hardest to counter, will come from the upper corridors (pict. 12) Your offensive team should take this pathway to grab the ennemy piece of the device. You're likely to be able to say hello to the other team on the way, so get locked and loaded before climbing up there. Use grenades at each and every corner if you think you're not alone... The blinding grenades are not very efficient at short range, because, well, shooting in a corridor wouldn't be difficult for Stevie Wonder himself. Ah, by the way... if, after having thrown a grenade, you see that you've taged many people, rush to the end of the corridor and kill them quickly. Staying in the back isn't always a bright idea. You'll have to be really agressive if you want to take control of the corridors. Think about anyone you can't bear, dunno, your English teacher or whoever, and go, go, go!

5) And now for something completely different...

Okay, that's all I can think of, for this one. There is no real suggested stategy, on this map. Get the core, fast. Go to the ennemy base via the stairs, fast. Have the core team backing up from the outside meanwhile. Win the game. Be happy. E-mail me your name and address if you're a pretty and clever single girl.

Text by Genesis

Screenshots by Jacques

Yup Scorp! Good thing you told us, I completely forgot this one.

For newcomers : the phos ammo box is in the central room of the basement, the one that's split in two parts, with a ladder on the left side. It's in the opposite side of the room, on a metal shelf, hidden behind a cardboard box. You can only pick it up by right-clicking it.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest BritneySpears

First of all, hi! I'm Jamelia, and I love Britney Spears. I'm new to this forum, but not to NOLF. I play it for 3 years now, but not all the time. Sometimes I don't play for 2 months. You might know my brother DEGINLES or something like that from NOLF2. Genesis, I needed to tell you from my brother that he made another walkthrough which he send you via a private message of your website. I don't remember which map it was, see for yourself.

Hi Jamelia! Good to see you there, that's cool smile.gif Unfortunately, I've recently removed the forum from my site because no-one went there anymore, and I fear his message got flushed with the rest of it... eeeek! If ever he still has it, could he sent it to genesis@geneland.com , maybe?

• 11 months later...

Argh, sorry, new UnityHQ users, I'm affraid all my pictures have gone down the sewers along with my old website. I'll try to take new screenshots soon and fix the dead links.

Argh, sorry, new UnityHQ users, I'm affraid all my pictures have gone down the sewers along with my old website. I'll try to take new screenshots soon and fix the dead links.

If you have them still send them to me and I'll upload them to the site here so they'll always be there if you like.