Master Server Down

Anyone know why the direct connection or gamespy dont work? :blink:

Cause Nolf 2 still has to authenticate your CD key via the

"NOLF2.m1.sierra.com:15101"

"NOLF2.m2.sierra.com:15101"

"NOLF2.m3.sierra.com:15101"

servers. Contract Jack uses Gamespy for it's server listing.

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I actually played the first 7 missions on the SP of COD yesterday. Thats a really great game. Not Nolf great, but very good all the same. Granted its taken me so long to play the SP that they've already come out with a new game :P.

Oh well getting CJ on Wed.

Just got off the phone to the people at VU who confirm a number of customer complaints and an appology given for it occuring at a weekend. It is expected to be a temporary fault, but they need more time to fix!!!

I only hope that means by this eveing

Just got off the phone to the people at VU who confirm a number of customer complaints and an appology given for it occuring at a weekend. It is expected to be a temporary fault, but they need more time to fix!!!

I only hope that means by this eveing

Nice Job !! hopefully they are getting the message that alot of people play this game and they'll take that master server off that old packard bell machine :P (that was a joke have no idea what machine they run it on)

I just got off the phone with VU and they told me one of the three hampsters died on the tread wheel that powers the server. They are racing to the pet store as we speak to buy another. Should be up and going again by Wednesday.

I just got a email about it:

"I really appreciate your interest , however we have not received any complaints regarding this, but I will certainly look into this matter and notify the concerned department, so that the any error would be rectified."

...?

:lol:

I already ordered cj at amazon for all cases :P

Round 2 Ok everyone contact them again (their spam filters must have caught your mail :rolleyes: )

To receive a canned response like this is a bit frustrating since I know of several including myself who have emailed you about this issue and even phoned.

I have hosted Nolf 2 public gameservers for 3 years now and have had to have 4 gameservers sitting idle all weekend cause people cannot connect due to this issue. Surely you have your master servers being monitored in case of an outage.

Again I'm offering to host a backup master server free of charge.

Hello ,

Thank you for contacting Vivendi Universal Games Technical Support.

My name is Shiraz,

I really appreciate your interest , , however we have not received any complaints regarding this, but I will certainly look into this matter and notify the concerned department, so that the any error would be rectified.

Regards,

Shiraz

Vivendi Universal Games Technical Support

-----Original Message-----

Date: Monday, January 23, 2006 12:10 AM

To: VU (tsvu@vugames.com)

Subject: Master Server Down

If the master server is going to be an ongoing issue. I would be willing to host a backup master server. I have hosted 24/7 dedicated Nolf 2 servers for 3 years now. On a Server located in a datacenter (that has power backup systems etc)

I would do this free of charge so the people who enjoy this game can continue to enjoy it.

lol same one i got :P

wonder whats with that Shiraz name....did think it was a bit weird...but i didnt think it was a bot :o

Means most likely their level one support is in India or something.

cheese puff I was joking about the spam filter ;) the email rang of a canned message so I got sarcastic a bit.

Yeah Shiraz told me aswell that she had not received any other complaints. Something tells me she's not their best employee...

Anyhow will reply to the e-mail and tell them again. I want my Nolf!!

Oh, I just replied without including the link. Next person writing them again should do that!

I also backed up the idea of a backup master server under your control E1 - I doubt my testimony will count much, but hey it can't hurt. Unless they never heard of your proposal either, of course...

just sent them this

Are you aware of the master server being offline still?

You may want to reference our site http://www.unityhq.net or more specifically

this topic http://www.unityhq.net/forums//forums/inde...p?showtopic=965

Since unityhq is the leading community site for Nolf 2 especially be sure to save those links as our members

are very good about reporting issues etc.

As you can see by the number of views of the topic this outage affects quite a few players.

Do you have an ETA for restoration?

A response............though kinda vague

Subject: RE:'Vivendi=194-051' Master Server issue

Date: Mon, Jan 23, 2006 2:13 pm

To: "eliteone@unityhq.net" <eliteone@unityhq.net>

Hello,

This is Surjit, writing in regards with the issue you are experiencing with the game.

As I understand, you are not to connect to servers of No One Lives Forever 2.

We apologize for the inconvenience the issue might have caused. Our Engineers are working with high priority to resolve the issue at the earliest. Please try to connect to the online servers at a later time.

We appreciate you patience in this regard.

Regards,

SurjitKumar

Technical Support Engineer

Vivendi Universal Games Technical Support.

LOL...the response I got was totally different and included instructions. :o wtf is wrong with those guys pffft!!!

Hello,

As I understand that you are unable to connect to the server to play the game " No One Lives Forever 2".

Please perform these steps: (blah...blah blal)......

]edited out long scripted msg[

Regards,

Partha

-----Original Message-----

Date: Monday, January 23, 2006 12:10 AM

To: VU (tsvu@vugames.com)

Subject: Master Server is down again

Hi, I would like to bring to your attention the issue of the Nolf2 Multiplayer Master Server being down for almost 2 days now. Could you please fix it asap. I and the rest of the community would really appreciate it. Thanks.

This was the response I got back

Yellow dish is Mujibar....my phone go green, green, green so I pink it up and say, "I don't know what you are talking about...sanks for calling...don't call back bye bye"

I got two responses today. Seems like they were off for the weekend and someone flipped the server switch instead of the light switch on the way out the door.

Hello,

My name is Anand. I am a Technical Support Engineer and will be interacting with you on the issue you are experiencing.

As I understand from reading your mail, you are unable to login to servers in multiplayer mode.

I apologize for the inconvenience caused due to this. We have updated our engineers and they are working to resolve the issue as soon as possible.

Thank you for your patience and cooperation in this support process.

Regards,

Anand

Vivendi Universal Games Technical Support.

And I think the guy who wrote this one is friends of Kumar and they burned one down together

Hello,

As I understand that you are unable to connect to the server to play the game " No One Lives Forever 2".

Please perform these steps:

Step 1: Please follow these steps to temporarily disable any background application that might be conflicting with the game:

NOTE: You must be logged on as an administrator or a member of the Administrators group in to complete this procedure. If your computer is connected to a network, network policy settings may also prevent you from completing this procedure.

1. Click Start, and then click Run.

2. In the Open box, type msconfig, and then click OK.

The System Configuration Utility starts.

3. Click the General tab, and then click Selective Startup.

4. Under Selective Startup, click to clear the following check boxes:

- Process System.ini file

- Process Win.ini file

- Load Startup Items

5. Click the Services tab, click to select the Hide All Microsoft Services check box, and then click Disable All.

6. Click OK, and then click Restart.

Start the game that you want to play. After you quit the game, to restore the computer to use a normal startup, start the System Configuration Utility, click the General tab, click Normal Startup - load all device drivers and services, click OK, and then click Restart.

For further information on how to clean boot your computer with Windows XP please refer the Microsoft Knowledge Base article at:

How to Perform a Clean Boot in Windows XP

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?...b;EN-US;Q310353

Step 2: Please contact your Internet Service provider to get the following ports opened as they are required for the game to connect to the Internet:

When attempting to connect to an online game through a system with a firewall

or router, the following ports must be opened:

The following ports must be opened for WON to use with the game's internal server browser:

TCP 15101, 15200, 15500, 26901-26999, 28901-28999

Please provide the following information as I may escalate the issue to the concerned people:

1) The CD key of the game.

2) The exact text of the error message.

Please feel free to contact us if you need further assistance. You may access the technical support knowledge base at: http://support.vugames.com

Regards,

Partha