Is it worth $9?

So I see CJ on Amazon for $9.00. I would like some un-biased opinions from those of you who play this game.

I played the demo, and the sounds are great. I also here the game is really short, and little stealth is needed.

Any opinions?

The game is well worth $9.00. I don't think it was worth the full price I paid when it originally came out, though.

From a multiplayer standpoint, you'll totally love the sound of the weapons. It's fun to have the corrector from NOLF1 back. It's much harder to kill with the machine guns, but the sniper and shotgun are more accurate than in NOLF2. You'll recognize a lot of the maps from NOLF2, which is one of the things that really bummed me out about paying full price.

A fun thing about mp is using the Pegasus mod, which allows you to fly around using a jetpack. I can't kill anyone, regardless if it's me or them wearing it, but it's amusing to fly around and hear the old 'Justice League' cartoon sound when you pick one up.

As for the single player... I never do them, but even I got through most of it very quickly. I still didn't finish, even though I only have like one more thing to do. I just don't have any desire to bother finishing.

I miss Cate. I miss the tags. I miss the stealth. I miss female skins. I mostly miss the fun. It's much more of a testosterone vehicle for the guy gamers. But it's in the NOLF series, so it's a must have. :P

Most Definately not. It's a kind of game where you may not release fire button. Just go and shoot. Definately not a thing that attached me to nolf.

And i never payed more than $2 for a CD anyways

Demolition is kinda fun too though. One team tries to set charges on targets and the other team tries to defuse and or prevent charges from being set.

It's only $9 too so can't go too wrong for the price. I agree with Bella on the full price as I bought it when it first came out too.

[snip]

Any opinions?

It isn't NOLF, but if you don't mind twitch-based shooters you should be ok. There's some fun stuff in the game and some brain-dead stuff. Enjoy the fun and ignore the bad. For $9 that's pretty easy to do. :)

I miss Cate. I miss the tags. I miss the stealth. I miss female skins. I mostly miss the fun. It's much more of a testosterone vehicle for the guy gamers. But it's in the NOLF series, so it's a must have. :P

When I saw Cate during the truck ride I was hoping to encounter her during the game. Unfortunately that glimpse seems to be the only time she is present. :(

I definatly think the game is worth buying!

I'm one of those who paid full price myself,

and I'd do it again :)

Spawn is our resident Contract Jack guru, part of the Pegasus Mod team. He does know the game well ;)

It's actually alot like nolf 2 in the multiplayer, minus the bananas, bear traps and angry kitties. Though it has the demolition mod gamemode which is one team plants explosives on targets and the other team defends/defuses bombs on the targets.

You can also get it a bit cheaper from ebay. I found one there for $4usd. Just FYI

At least it will be something to fall back on when nolf2 servers go down. :D so Im looking forward to playing cj with you all soon.

You can also get it a bit cheaper from ebay. I found one there for $4usd. Just FYI

At least it will be something to fall back on when nolf2 servers go down. :D so Im looking forward to playing cj with you all soon.

That's another way to look at it ;)

The Unityhq.net Contract Jack server has been quite active with players today I've noticed.

I kind of liked CJack. I mean it did have alot of same stuff like in story mode it had alot of same music and stuff. But I liked new sounds and everything. Multiplayer was also pretty good with the new sounds, and some new people to play as (but there weren't some NOLF2 people that used to be in there :( ) There were alot of same maps in multiplayer, but there were a few new maps that were pretty fun. :D

But still, it isn't my fav over NOLF2 and NOLF1 ;)

yah it was a goof...

some1 said if u jump in the water or something towards the end, u find a chest or something, with a secret key in it, and all this stuff...

it was actually an amazing story, the person who made it should start writing story lines for nolf3...

but yah, it was a fake :D

i had CJ...bought it full price, and it sucked, so i ended up selling it...i think i got 15 bux for it...

maybe i should go back and buy it again, ill still get to keep like...5 bux :P

Just got the game, someone wanna show me around? :P

downloaded pegasus too.

uhh not seeing any unityhq server btw

I do have the latest version. downloaded pegasus....only see 007clan server, spawns server, and one other....

gahd!

Knix' date='Jan 24 2006, 12:18 PM' post='27983']

Just got the game, someone wanna show me around? :P

downloaded pegasus too.

uhh not seeing any unityhq server btw

I do have the latest version. downloaded pegasus....only see 007clan server, spawns server, and one other....

gahd!

It's up running DM right now stock though so don't select the pegasus mod.

It's up running DM right now stock though so don't select the pegasus mod.

Are you telling people what server they should join and what not to join?

neat..

Just got the game, someone wanna show me around?

Of course! let me know and I'll be happy to show you around :)

Are you telling people what server they should join and what not to join?

neat..

Of course! let me know and I'll be happy to show you around :)

?? If they select "ANY installed mods" they can't join any stock server (this applies to nolf 2 also ;))

I just finished the SP of J.A.C.K on "impossible mode"

Here are my thoughts...

The good...

1) Weapon sounds (much better then NOLF2)

2) Snowmobile's with missle launchers....very cool

3) Phos grenades!

4) Italy section... Very CSS like

5) LAAAAAAAAAAAAAZERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRS

6) reactor gun, or w/e the heck its called. Same gun from NOLF1. shoulda been in nolf too....can't imagine the howling of "NOOOOB" we would be hearing if it was though :P

7) The italian swear words by "il Pazzo"...too funny

ex- "Face di cullo!" = Azz face

. Pazzo, was actually the name of my iguana :D.

There is a moment in the italy section when you hear il Pazzo exclaim .... "Santo Pace!". It means "Saint Peace". Yeah not to strong but..... My mother uses that expression all the time. I never heard anyone else in Italy use it except for her...and no the infamous "Il Pazzo." I wonder if they knew each other in the 50's?

The bad...

1) Motor scooter with machine gun....impossible to control

2) needing not one but 2 headshots to bring down any enemy (even those without protective head gear)

3) AI, dumber then NOLF2...without a doubt

4) I know its not the games focus but.....no tags!

5) much like number 2 on my list....8 shots with a machine gun to the torso to bring a sucker down...COME ON!

6) The ending! no spoilers here but again....COME ON!!!

This being said, the SP is still much better then the MP. The knuckleheads at Sierra, or whomever, should basically take the best aspects of all 3 games, and put a finally on this series.

That game is begging to be made.