Going back to our roots?

Spacko

Uh...AFK yes, but n00bs why? It's a vote, and the vast majority of people who play this game are fair and friendly to new players. And what's wrong with kicking AFK players anyway? Sometimes it's just that they left their PC for a moment, but sometimes it's a network error which leads to innaccurate reporting of team numbers. We should be able to kick people in that situation.

Yes, that's why it is a vote, not "CoachJason says this, so you all have to comply".

you'll see, if there are 10 sfi's ad 5 other ppl(nothin against sfi of course) the sfi peeps want to hang around in calcutta or something so they vote (10 vote yes 5 vote no) each time again they get what they want and the other ppl will just have to do it...

now i know you will say "this aint gonna happen, most of us are all nice to the other people", experience learns it WILL happen. and more then once to.

Imagine yourself getting kicked from your own server cause u are behaving a litle bit annoying, or because there are 2 ppl already playing and they dont want you to join(votekick2win).

In evry game that actually has a voting option its set to "off" in most of the servers a few weeks after release..

• Replies 241
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

you'll see, if there are 10 sfi's ad 5 other ppl(nothin against sfi of course) the sfi peeps want to hang around in calcutta or something so they vote (10 vote yes 5 vote no) each time again they get what they want and the other ppl will just have to do it...

Okay, true, but that happens already if a server mod is playing, so what's the big deal? It just means that it isn't only server mods who have the power to decide what happens next.

Imagine yourself getting kicked from your own server cause u are behaving a litle bit annoying, or because there are 2 ppl already playing and they dont want you to join(votekick2win).

Well it might make sense to make yourself a moderator on your own server, in which case you couldn't be kicked by your guests. tongue.gif

In evry game that actually has a voting option its set to "off" in most of the servers a few weeks after release..

huh.gif That isn't actually true. A lot of games support /callvote, and, I don't know exact figures on this, but it seems to me as though around half of them leave it on.

Well it might make sense to make yourself a moderator on your own server, in which case you couldn't be kicked by your guests.  tongue.gif

u can't do that for evry memb in ur clan(well u don't want to anyways) tongue.gif

huh.gif That isn't actually true. A lot of games support /callvote, and, I don't know exact figures on this, but it seems to me as though around half of them leave it on.

4233[/snapback]

well whatever u say, personnally i never come across a voting server in the games i play these days, but then i again i visit the same servers almost evry day unsure.gif

So you have a kick exceptions list for people who are in your clan. The ban list works that way, so why not the ban prevention list?

4236[/snapback]

well it isnt in the normal voting system i think but mayb u could build it in^^

hm, i am too lazy to read this topic because it has a lot of pages, but i got the link form bella's post on Gen's thread about base storming and stuff. Stop complaining about it, being the one being base stormed only makes u better so plz stop whining about it, it gets really annoying.

4214[/snapback]

If you don't like a thread, feel free not to post in it.

Well well Scorp it's not as if we had a single brain for ten people because we're in the same clan, you know laugh.gif

If you don't like a thread, feel free not to post in it.

Well put.

I love that: "Aw, stop whining, base storm makes your skillz l33t"

Huh? And here I thought that you were doing it to make your score/CSports rank higher, but now I see that you are spawn tagging and killing me repeatedly for my own benefit. Thanks dude!

well it isnt in the normal voting system i think but mayb u could build it in^^

We need to break away from the ideas of the past... that's why we choose NOLF biggrin.gif

hm, i am too lazy to read this topic because it has a lot of pages... Stop complaining about it, being the one being base stormed only makes u better so plz stop whining about it, it gets really annoying.

4214[/snapback]

If you had taken the time to read the thread like you should have before posting food(like you should have), you would see we are talking about solutions for the base abuse problem, not whining about it.

How does getting spawn killed for 15 minutes make me a better player? Think about it, base abuse amounts to about as much as spawn killing and spawn tagging. Which is why I think we find is so annoying... it's unsportsmanlike.

bashing.gif

I've never tried voting in-game but it seems like it would be way to easy to use all the time. Let me rephrase that, I'm sure several people would abuse that fuctionality. It's a nice idea but I just don't see it beign practical... but wtf do I know? huh.gif

(And why do I love this smiley so much?)

huh.gifhuh.gifhuh.giflaugh.gif

It's a very nice smiley tongue.gif

That's why I suggested that you limit the number of votes somebody is allowed to call. That way, if you try to switch map and get voted down, you can't try again until next round. And if you try to kick somebody twice and fail both times, then you can't try again until next round. Harsh, but democratic cool.gif

Frankly, I just don't trust everyone and I wouldn't like the idea of voting in a server. There are too many people with personal issues with each other in this community. They'd abuse the option. Plus like someone mentioned, new players could get picked on.

I'm no coding geek, but I tend to doubt that voting is even a possibility with NOLF2 anyway. Eliteone, you know?

BTW, I've noticed in my time playing lately that people are being better about the slaughter of a weaker team in their base. Maybe it's just a coincidence? Maybe the word is getting out that it's just not a cool or respectable thing to do?

about the only way to get "voting" would be to make the scmd password public and well

not going to happen as that would open a large can of worms.

Personally I'd get bored playing only one map. The stock ones get old after awhile too (yes I'm a mix custom maps into the mix person)

As far as base storming if things play out like the look like they will in my dialogue with CSports the racking up of points by people will not be counted but your teams points for completion of the device will be what CSports tabulates.

w00t, way to go E1! I'm not sure to which extent people base camp to gain on the csports rankings but it's another carrot out of the way if you can make it happen. smile.gif Good job!

About the voting; I sometimes play an online drawing and guessing what people draw-game which features the booting option. You'd be surprised how many punks just boot randomly around the place - though there's still a good crowd which does not noob around like that. For a voting system to be potent enough to make a real difference, it also has to be potent enough to be a potential tool for troublemakers. Dang.

In any case! I'm very very happy to see this topic stay on topic through seven pages and wake the interest of big parts of the community. I know some have reconsidered their way of playing because of things said here, and maybe that spreads on? I'm glad to see we can actually move as a troop on an issue which we largely agree on, though, really! w00t to us all.

BTW, I've noticed in my time playing lately that people are being better about the slaughter of a weaker team in their base. Maybe it's just a coincidence? Maybe the word is getting out that it's just not a cool or respectable thing to do?

4398[/snapback]

I've noticed it too Bella, last night, even Az switched sides several times instead of base camping, he is such a powerful player that the game swung from red to blue which ever side he was on, but this way, everyone enjoyed the game, so "hats off" to Azazel, I hope the other powerful players take his lead.

• 3 months later...

It's with the utmost disgust and sadness that we observe the decay of NOLF2. Lately people have again started finishing the DoomsDay game LONG before the 20 minutes of each map are over. We will not stand for it anymore! We will not tolerate people who are just "no good sports" anymore!

First of all: We paid hard earned money for our games. 'The game' includes, for us, ALL skins, ALL code and most importantly ALL maps. Whenever the map is finished prematurely, we are robbed of many minutes game time in maps we paid good money for! Oh, a little detail you say? Well over time this amounts to hours, days and weeks of map we paid for, but do not get to use to the full extent!

Secondly, we want Monolith to release a patch which will alter the DoomsDay multiplayer NOLF2 mode in such a way, that the DoomsDay machine (the root of all evil) will be taken out of the game along with its parts.

We're imagining a sort of Deathmatch for Teams. This would be much more fun for all of us who just hate that DoomsDay device and all the part placing.

If Monolith refuse to comply with this reasonable request, we expect that a formal rule will be made against this destructive behaviour and placers will be booted immediately from the server.

Finally we want to point out, that if Monolith refuses to do anything about this serious problem, we will start a petition in order to stop this decay of our so beloved NOLF2.

Your hurt souls,

Mari and Sascha

It's with the utmost disgust and sadness that we observe the decay of NOLF2. Lately people have again started finishing the DoomsDay game LONG before the 20 minutes of each map are over. We will not stand for it anymore! We will not tolerate people who are just "no good sports" anymore!

First of all: We paid hard earned money for our games. 'The game' includes, for us, ALL skins, ALL code and most importantly ALL maps. Whenever the map is finished prematurely, we are robbed of many minutes game time in maps we paid good money for! Oh, a little detail you say? Well over time this amounts to hours, days and weeks of map we paid for, but do not get to use to the full extent!

Secondly, we want Monolith to release a patch which will alter the DoomsDay multiplayer NOLF2 mode in such a way, that the DoomsDay machine (the root of all evil) will be taken out of the game along with its parts.

We're imagining a sort of Deathmatch for Teams. This would be much more fun for all of us who just hate that DoomsDay device and all the part placing.

If Monolith refuse to comply with this reasonable request, we expect that a formal rule will be made against this destructive behaviour and placers will be booted immediately from the server.

Finally we want to point out, that if Monolith refuses to do anything about this serious problem, we will start a petition in order to stop this decay of our so beloved NOLF2.

Your hurt souls,

Mari and Sascha

14015[/snapback]

Make sure you sign the petition wink.gif

UnityHQ runs a Team Deathmatch server for those who like the team play without the doomsday device.

For our petition to have any "meaning" we need to get as Many Molf 2 players to sign it as possible. Only then will you be able to get the exploits etc "Officially" fixed.

Guest AngelEyes

This is my first reply here and it will probably be removed because people will probably feel offended.

blink.gif and ohmy.gif mari and caip I dont understand it...... In the first post you complain about people calling you names when you end the game... In the last post made by caip you complain that people are ending so soon.....

Also you two should be banned from this topic because when you get the opportunity you spawntag and storm as hard as everyone else does. Typically you, when you do it to someone else its ok... But when someone else does it to you its bad.

Excessive spawntagging/killing started when |PM| was still around. Small groups of us would go on 1 team and turn out to be a nightmare to the other team. Nobody could actually do anything against us Except [WR] and EX members of >BN< We did it because no one respected us and we weren;t really interested in earning respect for certain kinds of people anyway. After a while we kinda quit doing this and after |PM| disbanded.. EVERYONE spawntagged and killed..... I do it often, so does Lodingi in his tower in russian rampage+fos... or in his lounge right outside the base in calcutta.... WHO CARES??????.... Mari and cai should stop complaining... because EVERY PERSON does it. And [sT] did too excessively when they were the biggest active clan.

Writing a patch or mod that counters spawnkilling/'storming' might start up another discussion about something sucky.... Nolf was designed this way so it should be played this way....

In real life we have the Geneva convention for wars and stuff... Why don;t we make our own "Cate archer convention" that says excessive spawnkilling is NOT allowed... And when you get caught you get a 1 week bann....

I still think people are overreacting and just too puss to fight... but apperently the whiners win biggrin.gif

Edited by Spacko

Hey everyone has been young and foolish once! We used to think finishing the device was right, but eloquent remarks such as 'omg you SUCK!' ' you are NO GOOD SPORTS!' 'wtf??' and 'WHO FINISHED?' illuminated our ways and we now know how wrong we were. Please forgive us our past.

We now want everyone to see what we see and we want to invite them to follow us on our enlightened path. I mean, what could be more fulfilling than playing full 20 minutes of each single Nolf map? It hurts our already damn hurt souls, that we are not heard among the community. There are still to few people out there who know what DoomsDay is all about!

And what is it really all about, you ask? Hear our words now and keep them in your heart forever: It is about NOT FINISHING the DoomsDay Device. It is about letting the Nolf2 players have their money's worth. It is about justice... and we want the unjustice to end - today!

Your even more hurt souls,

Sascha and Mari

I agree with AE....STOP the complaining like little girls!! ..Its simple.. theres so many people who just likes to play the maps ( calcutta,villa,japan,aggression) and dont like to end these maps..Everybody spawntags/kills and baserapes sometimes. Teams arent even always..thats the challenge of the game!! GET used to it if ur a## is getting whooped and stop crying!

Guest AngelEyes

you can quit the jesus tone now we know you are enlightened and uber smart

I bought nolf 2 and I play it the way I want to play it... One day I feel like killing everyone and baserape.. The other day i just play and will see how it turns out...

I dont want to be bound on RULES THAT AFFECT MY PLAYING STYLe... sure i wont talk bad language or use cheats... BUT WHATS NEXT??????? "Men are not allowed to play violence in the villa" "the individuals named Lodingi is not allowed to climb a tower" "the person AngelEyes is not allowed to equip an AK"

At this moment the SFI server has its rules and guidelines and those are fine as it is.... If you are too puss and you get your 'donkey' kicked every moment... perhaps you should consider visiting DR Phil

Do you think anything is gonna change when you take out the parts??? In time people will be bored playing the maps so long over and over and they will start to spawnkill again... At least it is what i will do... and many others i know...

Yes you are right, we already admitted we were young and foolish and we want to change! We already have set foot on the enlightened path of NOT ENDING any map, anytime anymore! We want everyone to follow our call and stop ending the game by completing the DoomsDay machine!

Fall on your knees, pray or cry out loud or both! Express your agony to those who want to end the game! Maybe THEN they will stop!

In fact we encourage everyone to take responsibility and sometimes pick up their team's piece and hide with it.

I guess that makes me a dork too. Anyway, instead of deleting that insulting post I will level with you guys seeing as our attempts at irony obviously were wasted on this crowd.

In all seriousness... Everyone here bought (I hope) the game and everyone wants to play it in a specific way. Well we do feel we have the right side of the story when we want to finish the DoomsDay Device when we get an opportunity - but lately we have experienced harassment, nagging and name calling whenever we do. This is getting really old - so in stead of lame verbal abuse I dare anyone who ever complained about this in the game to come here and discuss it properly. If you know anyone, please guide them to this thread so we can once again be civil to each other in game.

In case there's any doubt... We still think DD is a game mode where the purpose is to get and place those three pieces through teamwork, stealth and good fragging skills.