NOLF Soundtrack

Seemann

I have a 2 CD game and found out that there is a soundtrack on CD 2. It,s Magnificent!!! Very very good music. i guess it was recorded specially because none of those tracks were used ingame. Mostly instrumental. There is even a song about Cate.

On CD it's written"8 exclusive tracks inspired by the 60's. Plus 2 groovy music tracks from Fox Interactive"

If anybody doesn't have this thing, i can upload it somewhere...

Thank you! I've been trying to find nolf's soundtrack anywhere on internet, never expected to find it here.

Is that song about Cate named Play it Cool? I download the soundtrack a week ago off BT, but it's not complete (the seeder went away and never returned) but I do have the right list here

01 It Takes a Thief

02 No One Lives Forever (Main Title)

03 Museum Pursuit

04 Swinging London

05 Play It Cool (Cate's Theme)

06 I'll Show You Mine, If...

07 Carnaby Bossa Nova

09 Fly the Friendly Skies

10 A Fez to Remember

11 Life's a Beach, Then You Fry

12 Comrade Cate

13 Snowmobile Chase

14 Say Goodbye, Volkov

15 Knickers in a Twist

16 Play It Cool (Techno_End Title)

I'm downloading soon enough I'll be able to match them

I actually don't really understand whether this is the right list or not.I don't remember any of these tracks in-game, and there are only 11 tracks on my CD, but that song seems to be 'Play it Cool' alright.

The soundtrack is different depending on if you have the original version or the Game of the Year version with the remix tracks. Figuring out the name of the all the tracks has been problematic (different sources have given different names) and even the music CD doesn't list the name of all the tracks.

The original music CD lists the names of the titles on the packaging:

1. Goodman's Surprise

2. Santa's Workshop

3. Be-boppin' Shoo-woppin' Along

4. The Operative

5. Elevator of Love

6. No One Grooves Forever

7. Suisse Chalet

8. UNITY'S Spy

These tracks were written by Becky Kneubuhl

9. [unknown Title and Author]

The two bonus tracks from the contest ( http://www.indiespace.com/fox/samples.phtml ) are:

10. Void

11. El Dorado

Void is by a band called Red Delicious

El Dorado is by Archie Thompson

This is my current best guess for the Game of the Year music CD based on comparing the two music CDs:

01) Goodman's Surprise

02) Santa's Workshop

03) Be-Boppin' Shoo-Woppin' Along

04) Elevator Of Love

05) The Operative

06) No One Grooves Forever

07) Unknown

08) Suisse Chalet

09) UNITY's Spy

10) No One Lives Forever

11) Goodman's Surprise remix

12) Santa's Workshop remix

13) The Operative remix

14) No One Grooves Forever remix

15) Unknown remix

16) UNITY's Spy remix

The first nine tracks are by Becky Kneubuhl. The tenth track is by Rich Ragsdale. Tracks eleven to sixteen are by Gabe Rutman and Scott Clausen.

The unknown song starts with the words "very nice" and is the ninth track on the original "In The Lounge" CD.

EDIT: Corrected the track numbers on In The Lounge

In the lounge, that's what's written there, so it's definately this one. Thank you for the information.

Sorry, but you missed one number... Not as if it matters, but i was puzzled for a while.

I screwed up. :) I've fixed the listing. What happened is that the music cd is a hybrid data/music CD so what would be track 1 is actually game data. Between looking at the actual tracks and the listing on the back I got myself confused.

• 2 months later...

This is another track I've remixed from the NOLF1 game score. It's music from the Berlin mission when Cate contacts the agents.

"Berlin RMX"

Music Composed by Guy Whitmore

I have the German "Game of the Year" version and there has been a special CD with the soundtrack - but only 8 with tracks.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...

What a pity... I erased all tracks by mistake... and I can't find them. Can somebody suggest where to look?

In Poland there is no way to buy NOLF 1 :(

Seemann could you load those tracks again please?

• 2 months later...
  • 9 months later...

I've been working on it a little, and I've made you some soundtrack songs. Since most of the ambient music in NOLF2 can change in game quickly to a different "mood" so to speak according to bad guy activity, the tracks are composed of small 7 second tracks. Layered together, they form the music you hear in the game. I've done just that for a few and I will continue until I have them all. I blended moods together as I thought they sound best, and I think you will like them. I'm especially proud of the endings on them as well. I have 2 tracks from NOLF2 ready and 1 from CJ (Italy). CJ really only has one new soundtrack in addition from the NOLF2 ones. There's one more that's used in the title screen, and I'll do that too eventually (only made up of two tracks). I had to save them in .wma format too. Please let me know what you think of them!

Enjoy!

*EDITED (Complete soundtrack available)

NOLF2 Tracks:

Khios 12/14/07

Unity (this one was tricky) 12/15/07

Ohio (extremely difficult because of long pauses) 12/21/07

Antarctica 12/22/07

Underwater 12/22/07

Japan 12/26/07

India (Extended Version) 01/01/08

Siberia 01/01/08

NOLF2Menu 01/01/08

CJ Tracks:

Italy 12/16/07

CJMenu 12/21/07

That is the complete soundtrack for NOLF2 and CJ put together into one track just for you!

Edited by Triggerhappy

I've been working on it a little, and I've made you some soundtrack songs. Since most of the ambient music in NOLF2 can change in game quickly to a different "mood" so to speak according to bad guy activity, the tracks are composed of small 7 second tracks. Layered together, they form the music you hear in the game. I've done just that for a few and I will continue until I have them all. I blended moods together as I thought they sound best, and I think you will like them. I'm especially proud of the endings on them as well. I have 2 tracks from NOLF2 ready and 1 from CJ (Italy). CJ really only has one new soundtrack in addition from the NOLF2 ones. There's one more that's used in the title screen, and I'll do that too eventually (only made up of two tracks). I had to save them in .wma format too. Please let me know what you think of them!

Enjoy!

NOLF2 Tracks:

Khios 12/14/07

Antarctica 12/22/07

Underwater 12/22/07

CJ Tracks:

Italy 12/16/07

CJMenu 12/21/07

I will add more links as I finish them.

I have added Contract Jack menu song, Antarctica, and Underwater.

Edited by Triggerhappy

Wow, trigger, you are gold, keep those songs coming.

Also, is it just me, or there's a song(file) named after me?

Oh thanks Nightmare, you're too kind. :blush: I really had hoped that you'd like them.

Enjoy!

NOLF2 Tracks:

Khios 12/14/07

Antarctica 12/22/07

Underwater 12/22/07

Japan 12/26/07

CJ Tracks:

Italy 12/16/07

CJMenu 12/21/07

I will add more links as I finish them.

Added Japan and India (extended mixed version). Two more left!

Enjoy!

*EDITED (Complete soundtrack available)

NOLF2 Tracks:

Khios 12/14/07

Antarctica 12/22/07

Underwater 12/22/07

Japan 12/26/07

Siberia 01/01/08

NOLF2Menu 01/01/08

CJ Tracks:

Italy 12/16/07

CJMenu 12/21/07

That is the complete soundtrack for NOLF2 and CJ put together into one track just for you!

Okay, that's it! Added Siberia and NOLF2 Menu song and that completes the soundtrack for you. Please let me know how it is.