Any New Maps?

Each season UnityHQ is planning to compile all the newest custom maps and form a mappack of them. You've all pretty much downloaded the UnityHQ Fall 2005 Mappack so you have an idea what I'm talking about.

Are there any new custom maps that we can put into the Winter 2005 Mappack?

Just a question to the maker of the Gothic map.

Looks like a dd-map....unfinished

Do you have plans to finish it? or make a dd-map of it??

Its a great looking map and i realy want to know...

WHAT IS BEHIND THE GATES??? :o

:?: I guess you never tried to host the Gothic map in DD mode. The gates aren't there then and the tunnel leads to another castle (yet without a princess, again). It's a DD map....

I haven't played for a while but am I wrong when I say that still not many custom maps are in the rotation?

:?: I guess you never tried to host the Gothic map in DD mode. The gates aren't there then and the tunnel leads to another castle (yet without a princess, again). It's a DD map....

I haven't played for a while but am I wrong when I say that still not many custom maps are in the rotation?

we are running all the fall mappack maps on the Unityhq DM server (On the SFI we have 2 customs maps in the rotation as well ;) )

We are now looking for some maps to build the winter pack and have them showcased on the unityhq DM server.

well, there are maps you guys prolly dont have in the rotation in Zero's ModX...

i know there a like...8 DE maps in there...and a few of those can be played in other game types too...

but yah...for the spring mappack...u guys might add sgt pepper and zero's mods in it or something...

i know zero's mod has lots of maps that people havnt seen b4...

Pep told me that he took off a level of the seats to make it lag less, and that it worked pretty well.

I guess with the maps, if you have an inclosed space...the larger the inclosure the greater the chance of lag.

Even though it was my brain-child...Pep did crazy good work for someone not familiar with the ins and outs of a basketball arena. Guy is talented for sure.

I'll get on him. :P

Yeah that map is pretty cool!

About the DE maps (NOLF2), there are edits/conversions of existing maps donated by some mappers, and a new one by Factor. Then there's one that's not finished (not really playable), so far named, Total Demolition, which will feature all gametypes in a urban-themed map.

But they would have glitches if played in normal nolf2, like a few unintended ammo\gun pickups, DE gametype elements would show...It's sort of what would happen if someone plays original nolf2 map on contract jack.

Yup, after the mod is complete, I can change some of the maps to work with retail nolf2 though a map like Total Demolition may not play as well, for example, it is a large map designed for fast run speed and high\long jumps (will take forever to get from one block to another).

Otherwise, other maps that were made using normal development will be quick to revert.

by the way neo...

i have a suggestion for the mod i forgot to ask about...

maybe put all of the stuff u changed in the mod, like run speed and jump height...with an option changer in the mod...like, be able to change them in options...

b/c im sure we can get a lot of ppl playin DE, but the high jumps and stuff might be a..."turn off"...

Yeah, I turned down the crazy speed/jump (also, it's not forced, SCMD should turn it down).

So now it's like not too fast, and pressing jump once (2x jumps now) is slightly higher than a regular jump.

Forgot to mention, Co-op map(s) may also be converted after completion of the mod. Though it will require a tiny (~7KB) mod to use it (doesn't change game at all, just Co-op map list). But, still, they will be best played as intended ;)

Question for you Zero...

You know how in the AI's are able to do that "side-roll" move in the game?

Is there any way we can add that as a mod to allow us the player to do the same move (as oppossed to the current bunny hop and diagnal running)?

I think that would be an awesome addition to the game play of NOLF2.

If possible, and way you could activate the move would be a quick double click of the A or D button on your key pad depending which way you want to side-roll.

Thx Alexa, looks good :D

Hope u join us in server "ab und zu" :unsure:

and we can explore the MVitV-map

zero not to bug your or anything, but i think i read somewhere that u got off of school for a lil bit over x-mas break and were planning on finishing the mod...

how far from done is the mod, and around when can we expect a final release?

i know the mod has probably gotten a little old for u since u used to have a new version almost weekly, and now nothin has been done for a few months...

so i was jw :D

The mod itself is about 95% done, but the maps still need loads (and I keep adding stuff lol). It seems better to release the maps + mod altogether to save everyone some disk space. I'm gonna release the final beta (mod19) to have it thoroughly tested before releasing ModX in the mod pack.

So it seems this project will end when it started last year- in March.

The mod itself is about 95% done, but the maps still need loads (and I keep adding stuff lol). It seems better to release the maps + mod altogether to save everyone some disk space. I'm gonna release the final beta (mod19) to have it thoroughly tested before releasing ModX in the mod pack.

So it seems this project will end when it started last year- in March.

If you need a "testing" server let me know of course ;)

• 2 weeks later...

alright...well there was this map i um, kinda thought up like, a year ago, and i started it BARELY...and never worked on it again...

the way i remembered this map was...i went into Dedit today, and this map pops up...

so i start working on it again, and im really liking it, so i might actually finish up this map and give u guys another map...

i am gonna make it a DD so it is played more b/c the custom maps in DD are played way more than DM...