ElGringo

Windows 10 Creators Update has broken my NOLF1

4 posts in this topic

Prior to this update I had the game running perfectly having used the 64 bit installer for my original CDs. Being someone who also likes to experiment, I also had it running off a pen drive having copied my installation over, but all I get now are MFC Client errors and gamer resources errors.

Has anyone else come across this problem with Win10? In the meantime, I'm going to try yet again.

I also dual boot to Windows 7 and run XP in VMware, so I'll report back with my findings.

I have the creator's update of Win 10 and so far no issues with any of the NOLF games.  I have the GOTY edition of NOLF though.

Tried NOLF on my other PC which is practically the same except it has an AMD Radeon GPU and the game runs perfectly, so it could be an Nvidia issue. I also noticed that on my AMD GPU setup the no CD patch works fine but not on the other machine. However, a different no CD BAT file does now work, finally. This is following a full reinstall from my original CDs.

I was concerned that it may have been a safe-disc issue at first, but I'm not sure.

This article makes for interesting reading.

https://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2015/08/17/windows-10-safedisc-securom-drm/

Edited by ElGringo

Windows gadgets was preventing the game loading in my case.