Chronicles Of Narnia

Saw this movie this weekend and I have to say to me it's one of the best movies to come along in awhile.

It holds very true to the book.

The only obvious addition was the river-ice scene (which does not appear in the books). But it does enhance the action/adventure quotent, and gives us some more glimpses into Susan's (the older sister) character.

A quote about the "religious" undertones I read that kind of puts it in perspective.

-In regards to the religious undertones: Lewis actually intended for this to be taken BOTH ways. Basically he wanted Christian children to have a safe and ethical fantasy series/world to get lost in without the tainted "evilness" that most magic gets labeled with by religious circles (i.e. Southern Baptist's Conventions' Harry Potter boycott). But he also didn't want readers such as Tolkein fans (and Tolkein himself, who was a close personal friend of CS Lewis) to be turned off by the undertones.

I can't wait to see this! These books made me the voracious reader I am today, and I attribute a lot of my success in all things to my early and continuing reading habits. When I heard the movie was coming out, I bought a new set of the books to read to my daughters. They love it! We're almost done with the whole series. I also like the dual nature of the stories. As Christians, I can point out the parallels between these stories and the story of Jesus to my daughters. But I also know that the story can stand on the strength of the plot and characters alone.

I took my 9 year old son to the movie yesterday as a reward for reading the book. Once he started, he finished the book in a week. Both of us loved the movie and as mentioned before, it held true to the source.

We saw the movie today and all seven of us liked it a great deal. Amusing comment overheard while leaving the theater... "Hey, that movie had some kind of a moral to the story, didn't it?"

• 1 month later...

The casting is great, especially Lucy! :D I liked the character of Aslan and how he overcame the Narnian law by dying - and all for undeserving Edmund! Great character!

One thing that got me confused: When those kidz defeated bad dudes and stuff, they didn't return to normal world! Didn't even think of their poor mother. I just can't get it!

P.S. a boy who sold his family for candy? I wonder if all Englishmen are like that.

They got so wrapped up in the moment I guess. (being crowned etc) in the end though it was though they had just left ;)