21 posts in this topic

NOLF 2 CDs (PC) and media


NOLF2-Setup file. This file will extract the complete game (to C:\untyhq however the installer allows you to choose an alternative install path), patched to the English 1.3 version of the game. Additionally it has URA's Multiplayer launcher and the Livesforever and Liveforever Plus mods. finally it has the no-cd patch integrated into it.   It also contains the latest dgvoodoo2 for additonal video settings.

NOLF2-Setup-not-signed file.  Is the same as the other setup file except it isn't digitally signed. This file will extract the complete game (to C:\untyhq however the installer allows you to choose an alternative install path), patched to the English 1.3 version of the game. Additionally it has URA's Multiplayer launcher and the Livesforever and Liveforever Plus mods. finally it has the no-cd patch integrated into it.   It also contains the latest dgvoodoo2 for additonal video settings.

  • This installer (NOLF2-Setup.exe) has been digitally signed to make it easier to install on Windows 10.
  • A non-signed version (NOLF2-Setup-not-signed.exe) for those having issues installing the signed version
  • A zip file of the folder created by the installer for those who are having odd issues running the installers. If you download the No-One-Lives-Forever2.zip simply extract it to your C drive or Documents folder. Then right-click the NOLF2.exe file in the extracted folder and select send to desktop (create shortcut). Then double-click the desktop shortcut to play the game. 

 

Zip files of the 2 CDs for the No One Lives Forever 2 game (PC version original released version).

 ISO images if you want to burn your own CDs

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The first two files in the selection are the disc 1 and 2 zip files.

File 3 is the Nolf2-Setup.exe file.

File 4 is the non-digitally signed version of the setup file (NOLF2-Setup-not-signed.exe) For those having problems with the signed file.

File 5 is the No-One-Lives-Forever2.zip file (see above for  using this file)

Files 6 and 7 are the ISO images of the original CD media.

 

 

Special addition to disclaimer:

UnityHQ does not promote software piracy.

As the copyright of this game is in question we leave it up to those who download to decide whether to download or not . By downloading you agree to take full responsibility for doing so and release Unityhq.net/nolfgirl.net from any repercussions for doing so.

 

 

 


 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I get the "installer" window but when I click "install" it asks me for CD 2.  None of the extra files listed above exist.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, Ladders said:

I get the "installer" window but when I click "install" it asks me for CD 2.  None of the extra files listed above exist.

Just tested and downloaded all the files from the listing.  If you are looking for the self-contained installer pick ether of the files I have highlighted in this image. 

 

 

 

N2files.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/6/2018 at 12:27 AM, Eliteone said:

Just tested and downloaded all the files from the listing.  If you are looking for the self-contained installer pick ether of the files I have highlighted in this image. 

 

 

 

N2files.jpg


Hello ELiteone,

Perhaps you can help me.

What is the Zip folder for? I downloaded this first and it asks for the disc to be inserted in the drive. You can also install from this zip as well. Do I need the signed installer?

Also, when I went back to down load the installer I see a notification that I do not have permission. It is the same for any of the other downloads.

Why is this. I have searched the forum guidelines but do not see anything indicating as to why.

Thanks.

Unity HG.JPG

Edited by Berathraben

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

In hind site, there is probably a limit as to how much can be downloaded at one time or within a certain time period. It makes sense to me to have this in place. I must have exceeded that limit.

:)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The zip is the original installed media folder so it would ask for a disc when you tried to play it. 

Yes unfortunately there is a limit on the number of files that can be downloaded at a time. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Eliteone said:

The zip is the original installed media folder so it would ask for a disc when you tried to play it. 

Yes unfortunately there is a limit on the number of files that can be downloaded at a time. 

Thanks for your reply. Unfortunately I am still not able to download the NOLF2 setup file. It still says I am not permitted to download any file I check. Is there some sort of error or block on my user account?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Berathraben said:

Thanks for your reply. Unfortunately I am still not able to download the NOLF2 setup file. It still says I am not permitted to download any file I check. Is there some sort of error or block on my user account?

There's no block on your account. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Eliteone said:

There's no block on your account. 

OK. It seems to be working now anyway. I guess I just needed to wait longer.

Thanks for being patient with me.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Trying to get nolf2 it has been years and a friend told me you had the game available to download.

 

I have tried to install the signed and not signed and downloaded the zip file and all ask me to install when I run nolf2.exe and when I install I get no cd found.

Windows 10 Pro

I tried to download the iso's and they always say they are corrupt and help would be much appreciated! 

Hey NolfGirl BTW we used to play multi- play together years ago hehe I was known as xaoc heheCapture.PNG.685460f28d1067d40c90d50a8861707f.PNG

Edited by Xaoc

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Xaoc said:

Trying to get nolf2 it has been years and a friend told me you had the game available to download.

 

I have tried to install the signed and not signed and downloaded the zip file and all ask me to install when I run nolf2.exe and when I install I get no cd found.

Windows 10 Pro

I tried to download the iso's and they always say they are corrupt and help would be much appreciated! 

Hey NolfGirl BTW we used to play multi- play together years ago hehe I was known as xaoc heheCapture.PNG.685460f28d1067d40c90d50a8861707f.PNG

On Windows 10, if using our installer it should have created a C:\Unityhq folder.  In there it would have installed the game files to a No One Lives Forever 2 folder. 

Did it create those for you? 

Unfortunately the original media doesn't work on Windows 10 due to the installshield files for the older installer being dropped from support from Microsoft with Windows 10. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It did create the Unityhq folder and all the files seem to be there but when I run nolf2.exe it thinks it is not installed.  Oh well I guess My time on Nolf is over with my new PC LOL

Too Bad it was one of the best games of all time for story and fun while never taking itself too seriously LOL

 

Thanks for still being here.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What is in the Unityhq folder? 

Also try running the installer in compatibility mode with an administrator account.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I tried running nolf2 as Administrator and clicking install keeps asking for disk 1

here is what is in my unity folder

It seems to be a full extract.

 

Unity folder.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

When I run Nolf2 as admin i get the install shield up I have added Nolf 2 to be an allowed app in windows defender and the installer gets to this point.  When I get to this point I try and point it to no one lives forever 2 folder no luck

 

 

Install fails here.jpg

Edited by Xaoc

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What happens if you run the exe in compatibility mode for Windows XP?  

 

For the record I run these games on Windows 10 Pro build 1803 without any issues. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I totally believe you 🙂  I will dig in and see if I can figure this out.. I am sure is is a weird problem on my end LOL I appreciate your input 🙂

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The one difference i see is I am running Windows 10 pro 1809 I wonder if some change resulted in this issue LOL

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

Got it to work...

pre-work:

a) open the Control panel and go to programs and features... 

b) Click turn windows features on and off

c)  open legacy components and check DirectPlay

step 1: download the 2 disk zips - extract disk

step 2: Download the 1.3 update - extract disk

step 3: download No-CD

step 4: Download widescreen patch

Ok now you are ready

Step 5: go to the directory where you extracted the 2 disks each into their own folder

go to the disk1 directory in the file explorer

Step 6: Right-click setup.exe in disk 1 and click properties and set to win7 compatibility and run as administrator and save

Step 7: !!!!Stop don't run setup yet Go to  Windows Defender settings!!!!

go to Virus & Threat Protection

goto Manage RansomWare protection

turn off Controlled Folder Access

Step 8: go back and install using disk 1 setup.exe

point setup to the appropriate directory as requested.

Step 9: once done install 1.3 update

Step 10: then install no-cd

Step 11: finally install widescreen patch 

then 

Step 12: go to the application folder and change nolf2.exe to win 7 compliance and run as admin

Run all should work perfectly.

 

Step 13: rerun step 7:  turn on Controlled Access Folder

 

Voila the issues are all the freakin Controlled Access Folder defender process....

Edited by Xaoc

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/7/2018 at 12:09 PM, Xaoc said:

 

Got it to work...

pre-work:

a) open the Control panel and go to programs and features... 

b) Click turn windows features on and off

c)  open legacy components and check DirectPlay

step 1: download the 2 disk zips - extract disk

step 2: Download the 1.3 update - extract disk

step 3: download No-CD

step 4: Download widescreen patch

Ok now you are ready

Step 5: go to the directory where you extracted the 2 disks each into their own folder

go to the disk1 directory in the file explorer

Step 6: Right-click setup.exe in disk 1 and click properties and set to win7 compatibility and run as administrator and save

Step 7: !!!!Stop don't run setup yet Go to  Windows Defender settings!!!!

go to Virus & Threat Protection

goto Manage RansomWare protection

turn off Controlled Folder Access

Step 8: go back and install using disk 1 setup.exe

point setup to the appropriate directory as requested.

Step 9: once done install 1.3 update

Step 10: then install no-cd

Step 11: finally install widescreen patch 

then 

Step 12: go to the application folder and change nolf2.exe to win 7 compliance and run as admin

Run all should work perfectly.

 

Step 13: rerun step 7:  turn on Controlled Access Folder

 

Voila the issues are all the freakin Controlled Access Folder defender process....

Nice!! (that you solved it not the pain Windows causes now) 

I haven't updated to 1809 yet (it keeps prompting me to lol) 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now