Nolf 2 Anti-Basestorm/Spawnkill Mod

Thanks! Did you play on LAN? I've never experienced the nana-bug while having an internet-server running. Perhaps it's a LAN-server problem that was already there?

I tested it with online dedicated, used gamespy to patch in.

As for testing the mod in the unity server, maybe we can meet-up in the regular games then switch over sometime.

Great! Just joined the server. And LOL for the team naming! :lol:

One more thing: is friendly fire on? I tagged the heck out of the other base and got caught in my own tags. Just to clarify that this has quite definitly nothing do to with the mod. :)

Yeah I probably have it set to on as I used my template for the config file to create the server. I can turn it off if you want (the Friendly fire)

Well, most peeps are used to FF off. Apparently anything new scares them off. :P

Been on the server for 2h today. Most of the time alone, max. 2 peeps joined me. I'll give it another try tomorrow. Again between 18-21 GMT. Give it a try and join the mod server for your regular evening game, peeps. The mod affects the gameplay not at all until the basestorming starts. The technical side of the mod seems to be pretty stable, we just need to see how/if it prevents basestorming.

Hey!

We just had a successful testing session. Think the mod could improve the gameplay. The invulnerability time doesn't seem too long I'd say.

The messed up nana-slip animation isn't a problem of the mod. If you change teams (which I and others did for testing) the camera seems to be stuck at your old body. Apparently some of you know this better than me.

One problem: Some in-game text messages are changed to english. This is my fault, as I included an unnecessary file in the rez. Can be fixed easily. Thanks to Nat for telling me and to Baha for giving me the solution. :)

Best thing i ever played

Spawntags: U hear the hoooeeet....but dont slip

Spawncats: It explodes...but dont hurts

Spawnkill: look at ur oponent with a bad grin...he cant kill u

Blinking time is ok

Hope this mod becomes the regular Nolf-game one day

Its a great job u have done here

Thx muchacha

Edited by {SFI}Natter

Just a short note:

I'v made another version of the Amod (Amod09a). The current version has problems with progressive damage. This is (as far as I could test it) fixed. Also fixed in the new version are the changed in-game message texts for non-english language versions.

I'm NOT gonna release the latest version (release = sending Bella the file to put it in the UnityHQ's DL section :lol: ). Having to DL it too often is certainly rather bothersome. The current version of the Amod is fine and stable, apart from the aforementioned problems.

Just a short note:

I'v made another version of the Amod (Amod09a). The current version has problems with progressive damage. This is (as far as I could test it) fixed. Also fixed in the new version are the changed in-game message texts for non-english language versions.

I'm NOT gonna release the latest version (release = sending Bella the file to put it in the UnityHQ's DL section :lol: ). Having to DL it too often is certainly rather bothersome. The current version of the Amod is fine and stable, apart from the aforementioned problems.

I'm sure it's no bother for the file to be hosted. It's part of the testing process ;)

Right, file's on the way. Intense testing is necessary now. Thanks Doff for helping me last time. With him I tested progressive damage and found the problem. Also would be great if owners of a non-english NOLF version could check if their in-game texts are still set to English when they run the mod.

New Version is uploaded to the unityhq.net downloads and the server has been updated too. B)

Were you intending to have everyone who updates to rename the file to Amod?

Hope so cause configing is easier on the serverside that way.

Hey Alexa

plz post date and time when we want test this mod

hint: make a roster, like we do a match, maybe a

"Pretty girls" vs "Ugly Boys" match or something like that....

(me on the pretty girls team of course)

Cant wait to see how it works in a base storm with more players

Thanks again Elite!

Were you intending to have everyone who updates to rename the file to Amod?

Hope so cause configing is easier on the serverside that way.

Ui, didn't think about that one. :blink: Thought the versions would be easier to differentiate...Hmm, I better resend the .zip with the changes then.

For all with the .zip file that includes the folder "Amod09a" and the "Amod09a.rez": Just extract the .rez to your old Amod folder and rename the rez to "Amod.rez", after deleting the old Amod.rez! Using the old version of the Mod you'll get the message from the test server: "You have been banned or kicked...".

plz post date and time when we want test this mod

Well, today's shopping day, so I won't be here around 20.00 CET. :) What about tomorrow, 19:00 CET? Me make a roster? Ordering others around? Finally my dream comes true!

Yeah, let's meet 19:00 CET tomorrow and play just a few maps. Hmm, girls vs. boys...rocket stormers vs. phos noobs...what about o30 vs. u30? Oh well, whatever.

Well, 2 peeps made it to the Mod test server today. :(

At least we were able to test the most important thing: the progressive damage. Works fine now. That means it doesn't work of course. :)

Oh, forgot to ask: Nat, were your game texts still English?

Well, 2 peeps made it to the Mod test server today. :(

At least we were able to test the most important thing: the progressive damage. Works fine now. That means it doesn't work of course. :)

Oh, forgot to ask: Nat, were your game texts still English?

Nope, language fixed...well done

oki lets make a big test now

• 4 months later...