Tagging Cheat

Belladonna

Oh and I'd just like to add... Canada how might you presume to speak for and be working for the benefit of Nolf2ers? Haven't seen you around there and actually, most the Nolf2 action seems to be going on right here on UnityHQ. Then again I wouldn't know what goes on at TGF because hey, I'm banned. And no I didn't deserve it.

So in stead of asking why on earth you people keep coming around wanting to work it out and then shooting it all down again, and then finally to criticise us for not groveling properly after TGF/Dan and the gang were the ones who were skating on thin ice in the first place... And in stead of asking if you aren't in fact just jealous that Unity has turned into such a vibrant and cool forum for ALL Nolf2ers with level headed people running the show... And in stead of making derogatory remarks about anyone's signature...

I'll just strike the harp and join the chorus telling you to take a hike, please! I can't be absolutely positive that the Nolf2 community is much better without Dan the Macho Man and all Holier Than Thou-Canucks - but each day that goes by when I just don't miss either even the tiniest second, strengthens that impression. I vote to keep this feude going because there just would not be a point fixing it.

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"Belladonna": After all this time, for you to tell me that I will be banned for something you yourself professed as being most important and that was, the rights of the forum members to be able to have or state their opinions, without being banned.

This does not seem to be the understanding now with what you are telling me, since when does a member who see's something in a post that just doesn't seem right, and states that, now risk being banned for having an opinion when seeing an injustice.

Well, I certainly do not want to be banned, however I do not kiss butt here or over at"TGF" as I was accused of (which means anyone who posts at "TGF" is one also, considering what "[FF5]Knix"said).

If you so choose to ban me (hope you don't, however), you will be tearing down everything (all the reasons you built "UnityHQ" Belladonna), because you would no longer be using your beliefs that you defend so strongly.

Is there one rule for the all of the members or are there two sets of rules here, one for the members, and one for the owners and their friends. The owners and their friends can say what they like, whenever they like, however when someone else does it, they are threatened with a ban.

Ban me, and you are no better then the people you are attacking and complaining about.

Finally, it looks like something got through to you, even if you don't realize it. Banning someone simply because they irritate you and don't agree with you could be considered 'wrong' and show intolerance. This is EXACTLY what happened over at TGF. Now it's their forum and it is their right to run it however they want, just as we can run things how we wish here. I intend to stick to my morals and not make it personal, only banning people who break rules. If you look back at my post, I said I was tempted to ban, not that I would. I wrote that intentionally to get you to think about how you'd react if what happened to many NOLF2 players at TGF happened to you here. Obviously you wouldn't like it just like they didn't.

Thanks to your glee in trashing eliteone in our forums and our quick response supporting her and UnityHQ I'm sure the PM I sent Dan and Wondy yesterday morning requesting permission to host the new cheat fix as well as offering to work with them to repair our relationship is probably being thrown in the trash.

You claim to want to negotaite peace with me all the time... I'm tired of the hypocrisy. Someone wanting peace would NOT attack another person publicly, they would not ignore one side's views and glorify anothers, they would be unbiased and handle things in a calm, rational manner instead of spewing hatred.

You won't be banned, Canada. I never have and never will ban someone simply because they're a thorn in my side. You're treading on thin ice, though, and awfully close to breaking the first, third and fourth rules that can be seen by clicking on 'Forum Rules' underneath the forum banner.

Ok Moody if you take the 6 server running 24/7 and divide it out I host 83.3333% of the nolf 2 servers presently.

It was so not the main point (but since I ruffled your feathers ;) ) I'll give you my bad math in the first post ;) ok?

lol I know...No feathers ruffled :P Just wanted to see how your math was doing ;)

B) Hey Canada,

Just because I choose to belittle through mockery, and you choose to be a self-rightous snob, doesn't mean you are better then me. In this forum, we have complete freedom of speach (with out the lovely 4 letter words I long for...but I'm lobbying E1 and Bella B) ) . You are free to write w/e you wish. Blame E1, throw around accusations, pick sides, what have you. I in return are free to mock you within an inch of your Canadian Bacon eating life. That is the beauty of free speech. I don't have a problem with Canadians or Canada. Been there many times, and have friends there as well. I chose to call you Cannuck, as it emphasized my displeasure with your stupidy and arrogance, and figured it was just hurt that much more ;) . People may not agree with my methods but it has shut up a lotta of blow hards in here.

Notice how you can post what you did to the leader of this forum, yet still not get banned! Try that little bit of sunshine over a bootlicking central with Dan the man. See what happens. You would get banned so fast you would here a sonic-boom! So don't come around here with any free speach bull feathers.

And on a last note...

I have never spoken to anyone like that and I am quite sure on the street you wouldn't speak like that either

True if you got snobby with me on my streets, there would not be allota of talking

;)

Now go back to TGF, as I i'm sure Dan needs his back waxed or something.

I guess I need to toss out there what has Canada here really done for this community besides attack someone who put up the first 24/7 server for this game and continues to run the bulk of the servers. Mappers are awesome but they make their map and then their work is done. People who host sites, run forums and those who provide the gameservers work for this community every single day.

For anyone to not give them the respect for doing that is to be blunt an idiot.

Eliteone did nothing to deserve Canada's assault here. It's basically a he stuck his nose into something where it didn't belong. Even if Sonic were to be miffed at the editing of his post he is a big boy and could have handled it on his own. The Canadian babysitter wasn't needed. So think about that next time you are accusing these people of starting the trouble. That post was there for some time with that admin note in it and until you got yet another high and mighty kick the people were still on topic.

Hopefully you get it now cause Belladonna makes a very valid point. Your behavior would have had you tossed to the banned curb on other sites but not here. They believe in letting everyone have a say. I bet you if a slam like you did in here about the leader of that other site was made it would be deleted and you would have been banned for it.

Congrats though on sabotaging Bella's efforts to make peace with Dan and Wondy. You definitely did your peacemaker's job well with this flame job.

sorry kinda off topic, but

Knix' date='Nov 9 2005, 05:17 PM' post='17527']

Now go back to TGF, as I i'm sure Dan needs his back waxed or something.

LMAO :lol2::lol2::lol2::lol2::lol2::lol2:

well canada it's great that you have a "do as i say, not as i do attitude". you at tgf can do as you want and we dare not challenge it, yet we (at unity) dare not do the same (which we don't). who's the bigger person hear? (pssst. it's not dan).

since most of us nolf2 players are banned at tgf, maybe you can shed some light on what you and others have done and are doing to solve these issues we are experiencing. i'd love to hear it.

if there is any a$$ kissing to do around here, i'd say the credit goes to elite and bella. through their endless hardwork and dedication to this game and our community, they have single handedly kept this community together despite every distraction and obstacle that's thrown our way. (how'd i do? :P) i also believe the nolf2 community deserves credit. we continue to grow and thrive despite being told by many that nolf2 is dying. great people can make great games last forever.

so please, lick your wounds and crawl back to The site that shall not be named where you belong. we don't need you.

P.S. No Mimes were hurt during the creation of this post.

Edited by Lodingi

Yay Lodingi, you speak the truth.

While we're on the topic of reasons why Bella/E1/UnityHQ are more important in the Nolf2 community than Dan/TGF ever were and ever could be. Although I deeply appreciate the servers which SFI and Unity offer (and without which I'm quite sure there would be no Nolf2 community), that is merely one of several reasons why E1 and Bella are the natural community leaders and champions. Equally important to me is how they are people of their word and of ethics and values. As long as I can remember, SFI has always been the front runner against cheating, for fair play and for friendly integration of new Nolfers into their own or other clans. As Lodingi said they have stood tall, tidy and trustworthy in the face of about a million challenges and disputes and for this, Canada, they have the respect of anyone who's been around the Nolf2 block beyond the TGF Nolf2 section.

For these reasons it isn't offending nor surprising to anyone that Eliteone enforces the rules of UnityHQ. Frankly it should be expected at any site, but since I know where you normally hang out I'll let that one slide. :bounce: Still, constructing quotes, attacking a mod for doing her job and dragging into all of that this old feude as ammunition (although it's a mere parenthesis in the context) is so utterly tacky that I feel personally offended. Grrr. Let's just leave it at "I hope the little lesson Bella gave you earlier really sinks in".

Edited by Spacko

Dude stop saying thinkg like "the whole nolf2 community" "the players" things like that. I'm not saying I'm against E1, bella, unithq or tgf, canada or whatever. But I do like to have my own opinion, and I think lots of other nolf2 players also have their own, so please stop doing like you're talking for them.

Dude stop saying thinkg like "the whole nolf2 community" "the players" things like that. I'm not saying I'm against E1, bella, unithq or tgf, canada or whatever. But I do like to have my own opinion, and I think lots of other nolf2 players also have their own, so please stop doing like you're talking for them.

well fine. why don't you give us your opinion mr. surak.

Knix' date='Nov 9 2005, 03:25 PM' post='17553']

Surak doesn't give opinions Lodi, he makes a contrary wise-'donkey' comment then heads off to eat a bowl of flan or something. :P

yeah i knew that. i figured i'd give him a shot.

What !! I thought Canada represented TGF !! OMG !! you mean he doesn't.........

LOL !!

Seriously Surak if your opnion differs from those so far please share it as Lodingi suggests. To which dude are you refering to anyhow?

I find it totally reasonable from Elite not to accept links to files which can't be downloaded by everybody here (since you could also see that as a kind of provokation). And no doubt, Elite, Bella and others deeply involved in the community are doing a great job. But reading page 3 of this thread makes me wonder:

- Canada was wrong, accepted. Delete or edit his post, decrease his posting rights temporary, but why bashing him more and more?

- Not enough, sudden bashing of Dan, The site that shall not be named and TGF here. Hey, I've got nothing to do with TGF or The site that shall not be named, but take it from me the bashing started HERE, not over there this time! Unless Canada speaks for all of them.

- Thus about 1/3 of the posts on this page are breaking UnityHq rules. No stopping in sight.

Whatever happened over at TGF, however unfair you were treated, why not just leave them alone, knowing that you're right? They bashed first? So what? Kindergarten Dan shoved me first so I shoved back?

What's gonna happen? Peace with Dan, all are able do download the fix. Wouldn't some of you hate to use something he created?

Dan apparently has the means and the skill to make the fix. And it takes months if not years to look into the NOLF2 sources so deeply to do this, so I guess he doesn't hate NOLF2 so much (and he may be geeky, right).

My opinion:

Get a grip on yourselves. Either never use the fix, or just use it. Distribute it to those who can't download it. And a question to those who are banned: Why don't you delete the The site that shall not be named/TGF cookies?

EDIT: Just as I was writing this others posted on and on. Same thing. It's getting more and more hostile.

yeah i knew that. i figured i'd give him a shot.

Woohooo, I didn't join the holy crusade against tgf and you two apply the (o so smart :lol: ) Bush rule "you're with me or you're against me" and bash me like canada.

There's also something called "neutral". There are things I don't like about tgf, but it doesn't mean I need to behave like the rest and get myself banned.

Well as far as using the fix UnityHQ runs a 24/7 server that utilizes a earlier DXFIX that was released community wide.

One thing Alexia when you read Canada's posts he certainly comes off like he thinks he is the TGF spokesperson. As Bella pointed out though she was attempting to work things out with Dan and Wondy which Canada's efforts have most certainly thrown a wrench into. I think you are seeing a reaction cause alot of these people are tired of being walked all over.

So in other words you posted just to point out that you didn't have an opinion and didn't feel strongly either way? Well thank you very much Surak for this fascinating contribution to the topic, got any other non-thoughts to chip in? :P

Fyi and f-everybody's-i, no one here speaks for ALL Nolfers everywhere. Obviously that is as impossible as speaking for all Muslims, all Norwegians or all stand up comedians. However it is possible to describe a general mood, also called a tendency, among any of these groups. Surak thank you for informing us you will not take part in any tendency. Now let's carry on!

My opinion:

Get a grip on yourselves. Either never use the fix, or just use it. Distribute it to those who can't download it. And a question to those who are banned: Why don't you delete the The site that shall not be named/TGF cookies?

Well the point is not all of us have access. I'm sure you know that. Now I for one am not about to take a file which I am not welcome to have, just as I won't go snooping around a forum to which I am not welcome. Sure it CAN be done, but seeing as these bans were completely unlawful in the first place I am not going to. And we shouldn't have to.

As for the bashing, when waltzing in here and ragging on E1 I hope canada didn't expect a warm and hearty welcome. Besides, peace and harmony and niceness is seriously overrated. :bounce:

I am sorry to read that you decided to try and roast one of your own big supporters

and that is "Surak", just because he decided to have a personal opinion (he is allowed

to have a personal opinion right, please tell me he is not correct in his assumption that

if he doesn't go with the crowd he is to be crucified). I am sorry to read about the

attacks on you "Surak", you had nothing to do with this, you definitely didn't deserve

the treatment you received, and it was totally uncalled for.

Since I have been warned to really think about my reply before I reply to all

of the above posts, I shall do so, in doing so I would like to clear up a few

misconceptions first.

I do not speak for the whole "NOLF Community", I have never said or represented

the fact that I in some way speak for the whole community, the community is full

of independent thinkers\people and no one single person can speak on behalf of

or represent these fellow NOLFers, I respect everyone and their right to have and

state their own personal opinions.

I ACCEPT the fact that if I add gasoline to the fire, I will probably get burnt.

I ACCEPT the fact that in doing so, people will attack me in whatever way they

feel will justify the wrongs that have been done to them (regardless of the fact

that they feel being banned did not justify what they had done in the past).

I ACCEPT the fact that this is not my website\forums, just like ng.com and their

forums are not my site also (I support both sites, always have because they are

"NOLFing Sites"), how others choose to run their websites is their business entirely

and I totally agree with that fact, however that shouldn't mean that I do not have

the right to a personal opinion, just like everyone else. If anyones site decides to

ban me because of my PERSONAL opinions that is their choice, and their right to do so.

I ACCEPT the fact that I wrote a post at "TGF" a while ago that was not nice to

"E1" (which was removed in less then one hour after posting and I was informed

by the Admins at "TGF" that if I wanted the link showing "E1's" stated quote at

"UnityHQ", I must first write an apology, which I did, that was the only way I could

show people in the community what a great move she was making in putting this

whole thing to rest). My intention was to bring this information to the whole community,

however it seems that what I wrote was not properly done at the time and that was

corrected quite quickly and I also apologized for the incident.

Link to my apology, so everyone can read it (please leave the link so NOLFers can see

that I am telling the truth and not misrepresenting it):

" http://The site that shall not be named/forums/showthread.php?t=5362 ".

I ACCEPT the fact that I am a nobody when it comes to websites, servers, mapmaking,

mappacking, mods, fixes, etc., I am just a NOLFER, period, nothing more, nothing less.

I ACCEPT the fact that if it weren't for the above mentioned NOLFers and the contributions

they make and have made to this community, NOLF may not exist today as we know it,

it is these people who keep the game alive beside just the fellow NOLFers who are just

players.

However that does not make just the normal NOLF Players unimportant in any way or

unneeded in any way, the players are the ones who support the series by just being

there and playing the games, maps, mods, fixes, etc.

You would think that with all of the pain, famine, suffering, wars, and all of the other

bad things going on in this world, that we as a small community should be able to

get along with each other, we don't have to be close or good friends to get along,

however we do need to have some sort of respect for each member of this community,

and be willing to accept their opinion whether we agree with them or not.

RULES - 1,3, & 4:

* Treat others with respect at all times!

* Do not personally attack or intentionally insult another person or group. That

means no insults, no racial slurs, no clan bashing, no threatening or harassing

another... anything that is clearly disrespectful of the other person and/or their

opinions. No excuses!

* Do not create negative posts with the intention of starting an argument or to

create tension in the community.

Those above rules have been broken many times especially by some people

in this thread, all I was concerned about was the fact that someone cannot leave

the old dirt in the ground, they seem to always want to pick off the scab so the

whole issue starts bleeding again, and I am curious as to why they continue to

do this.

I have never said that "E1's & UnityHq's" contribution to this community was not

appreciated, in fact information provided about who supplies most of the server's

for "NOLF 2" is absolutely correct and noone can dispute that at all.

If it were not for this selfless contribution, there were be a lot fewer servers in

"NOLF 2" no doubt, all of this effort and hard work is really appreciated.

You are only reading in my posts what you want to see, I used the quote from

an old reply by "E1" to make a point, I never said it was a quote from this thread.

Where you get the idea that I can post or do whatever I like over at "TGF" has me

baffled, because I have been reprimanded and almost banned at "TGF" quite a few

times, reprimanded quite a bit actually over the years and attacked, I am still

standing however much to your disappointment I am sure.

This is not about "NOLFer against NOLFer", this is a personal vendetta from one

small party, not all of the community, however I respect their right to say what

they feel was a grave injustice, I do not work for "TGF" (never have, I am only

speaking my mind as a NOLFer, like many of you here do).

It was the fact that you used "[TNT] Sonic Goo's" reply to pick the scab and start

the whole thing bleeding again, that is what I am disappointed in and upset about

(who is right or wrong in this ongoing issue is not in question), the link and reply

could have been left in and let the members decide whether they will support this

new fix or not, no one person has the right to speak for the whole "NOLF Community".

I have supplied this website with stuff while representing others in this community,

I did this because I believed in what Belladonna was telling me about how she believed

her site should be run.

I have fought for Belladonna and this website behind the scenes, and I have been successful

in making sure that this website could supply to the members of the "NOLF Community" what

they needed when playing any of the "NOLF Series" games.

I have not mentioned this in the past because it was not necessary to mention it, however

this proves that I do support all of the community and it's websites, and that I am not a pawn,

suckup, or an asskissing moron who works for "TGF".

Also "E1" I did come through in the long run and you know it, I never promised to approach the

Admins over at "TGF", I did what I said I would do, and more in the long run, until today of course.

(Amazing what some NOLFers are unaware of, when things are going on in the background).

Again, I AM JUST A NOLFER WHO CARES, nothing more, nothing less.

I am sure there will be more bashing on the way, so be it, I cannot change that, however I do

believe I have explained or touch on many subjects which were in question, hopefully this will

clear up a lot of misconceptions.

Well before my boss fires me (real life problem) I must get back to work, please everyone think

before you reply to my new reply, I would appreciate it, also if you have noticed I have not used

rudeness, personal slights, profanity, personal attacks, or attacks on anyones Nationality

(obviously I have lots to choose from, since this is a world community).

Take Good Care Of Yourself And Your Family,

Long Live "NO ONE LIVES FOREVER",

Your Friend In "NOLF 1 & 2, CJ, & F.E.A.R.", Always,

"CANADA" From The "GREAT WHITE NORTH".

:unsure:B):D:24::24:;):24:

There's also something called "neutral". There are things I don't like about tgf, but it doesn't mean I need to behave like the rest and get myself banned

Yeah I hear Switzerland (also Neutral!) is beautifull this time of year ;) .

I swear to god Surak, if you ever get off the fence while eating your waffle, please don't tell me, I might have a coronary <_<

Link to my apology, so everyone can read it (please leave the link so NOLFers can see

Uh yeaaaaaaah, Canada, uh....sez i'm banned, so I can't really see your apology. But as you are a Mountie, and a Mountie never lies, I'll take your word for it. ;)

If anyones site decides to ban me because of my PERSONAL opinions that is their choice, and their right to do so.

We don't do that here, you must be thinking of another site...starts with a T ends with an F. Last door down the hall on your right .

Ok this is too easy, i'm out. lates

You're right, Major, the reactions here show a lot of frustration on the side of the unintentionally-non-tgf-users. But I fail to see how Canada's first post could damage the Bella/UnityHq - The site that shall not be named/TGF/Dan relationship. He IS not a spokesperson, am I wrong? I rather think the: Dan is a [insert arbitrary insult here] posts which are still not edited could accomplish that.

From the reactions here one could come to the conclusion that some are having sleepless nights over the fact that they are no longer participating members of TGF. Why else bother going on bashing them?

Spacko, did you notice how many users are online since this thread turned "interesting"? :lol: And I think Canada can cope with it, on the other hand why not be the better person and DON'T bash?

I must say, one thing is accomplished: This thread sounds very TGFish. Perhaps some here are longing for that :(

I would imagine some are frustrated over what transpired. That file (the topic if tag cheats only being mentioned here) then a fix appears over there and can only be downloaded from there I'm sure reignited some bad feelings for some. It's like waving the carrot in front of them only to snatch it away when they clicked to get it.

It boiled down to the fact that Canada thought he was acting on someone else's behalf and took it upon himself to attack Eliteone (mind you he has attacked her before and never publicly apologize for it to my recollection of reading forums)

I'd be curious to see what Sonic has to say since the link was in his post and removed and a note inserted explainig policy here. Is the bashing necessary? not really but Canada is the one who ignited the flames and continues to fuel them by not apologizing publicly for starting it.

For the most part I'm under the impression most of the posters in this thread have had enough and are standing behind who they feel they should. Loyalty is a commendable trait and not one to dismiss.

So I would call upon the "Peacemaker" (Canada) to publicly apologize in this thread for the benefit of this community for taking this matter into his own hands and turning it into what it evolved into.

Eh... I posted that not knowing all this was still going on and just to let people know it's out there and that maybe it could be arranged to have it downloadable elsewhere as well for those who can't get it directly.

Imagine the great things we could do if everybody would work together for a change...

(btw - didn't read the whole thread and don't think I'm gonna...)

Sonic Goo' date='Nov 9 2005, 02:50 PM' post='17569']

Eh... I posted that not knowing all this was still going on and just to let people know it's out there and that maybe it could be arranged to have it downloadable elsewhere as well for those who can't get it directly.

Imagine the great things we could do if everybody would work together for a change...

(btw - didn't read the whole thread and don't think I'm gonna...)

I think some are miffed that this fix which could greatly benefit the community has a restrictive readme in regards to hosting it and downloading it. Yes had some left things alone this wouldn't have evolved into what it did.