Tagging Cheat

Belladonna

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

its no skilled players secret cheat. if you tell everyone how to do it, then we'll have a harder time policing the servers. we already stated we're banning people for using the cheat.

its not like n00bs are disadvantaged because they dont know the cheat, no one is supposed to use it.

Basically if you are caught doing this you will be banned. This particular "glitch" shows up on my server logs to so don't think I won't find out about it.

**Note I have not publicized all the server side logging tweaks I've had over 2 years to work on in running 24/7 servers. To be told of others claiming it is not possible on other sites is rather amusing. If they are curious on how it is done they can contact me directly. Just think if they would pool resources how it would benefit the whole community instead of tossing multiple "mods" for a resricted audience instead of community wide So I'll make this note to that person to let bygones be bygones and make the offer of a clean slate for the benefit of this community. So it's up to them at this point................ continue the division here or clean the slate and go for the common goal here of keeping these games alive and going. Hopefully the can see the fact we have the same goal here keeping these games that we like so much going as long as possible**

Edited by eliteone

I clicked on the link goo, but it gave me this response....

The site that shall not be named - Forbidden

You don't have permission to access /files/pafiledb.php?action=file&id=395 on this server.

You may have been banned from this server, ***deleted by Bella***

Error Generated on: November 8, 2005, 9:31 am

Oh well :(

Edited by Belladonna

Knix' date='Nov 8 2005, 06:23 AM' post='17484']

I clicked on the link goo, but it gave me this response....

The site that shall not be named - Forbidden

You don't have permission to access /files/pafiledb.php?action=file&id=395 on this server.

You may have been banned from this server, ***edited by Bella***

Error Generated on: November 8, 2005, 9:31 am

Oh well :(

This is why I have no intentions of using these files on servers I manage. It's pointless to claim to be helping the community when most of them have been excluded from "his" club. We will only run files that are available to everyone anywhere. If the for everyone policy was applied he might even see his work up on a server running this afternoon.........hmmmmm.

This is why I have no intentions of using these files on servers I manage. It's pointless to claim to be helping the community when most of them have been excluded from "his" club. We will only run files that are available to everyone anywhere. If the for everyone policy was applied he might even see his work up on a server running this afternoon.........hmmmmm.

i downloaded the file. is this a server only file or a pc file? i can send it to anyone who asks. it's less than 2 mb so it shouldn't be a problem.

i downloaded the file. is this a server only file or a pc file? i can send it to anyone who asks. it's less than 2 mb so it shouldn't be a problem.

Client and server would have to have it like the DXfix we host presently.

... you have to wait a few seconds to perform the cheat. I don't see how this can be that helpful as you are breaking up your drive anyway by suddenly jumping into the menu and then back into the game. ... I am not sure it's such a huuuuuge advantage.
Yes, it is.

Just consider the amount of time that "normally" it takes to recover from a nana or a sleep nade. It's between 10 or 12 seconds until you can run, hide or use your weapons again.

Needless to say, it's hard to escape these tags alive, because you become totally vulnerable.

So, if you can recover in half this time, of course it's a big advantage.

Do the people who cheat really enjoy the game?
Well... I think maybe they "enjoy" in their own way. People who cheat just have the need to PWN the others, no matter what means they should use to it.

But I doubt cheaters have real fun. It must be frustrating for them, to know that without cheating, they are nothing.

But the worst of it all: this "happens" not only with nanas, but also with glue, bear traps and sleep nades. And since we are talking only about TAGS, I will not tell about other strange facts which I have witnessed in DD.

Yeah, about that, the game makers did the beartrap\glue releasing intentionally. Though it can be done 3 different ways- that I know of- there's only one way that is not cheating...

Check this thing I found while modding the game:

** NumJumpsToEscape (Integer)

** If greater than zero, the player can get out of the damage by tapping the jump

** key this many times. Used primarily for damage that sticks you in place (Glue, BearTrap)

This was found in the damage effects file that defines the various attributes that have to do with player damages. So I say for glue\trap, its more of a secret than a cheat.

Yeah, about that, the game makers did the beartrap\glue releasing intentionally. Though it can be done 3 different ways- that I know of- there's only one way that is not cheating...

Check this thing I found while modding the game:

** NumJumpsToEscape (Integer)

** If greater than zero, the player can get out of the damage by tapping the jump

** key this many times. Used primarily for damage that sticks you in place (Glue, BearTrap)

This was found in the damage effects file that defines the various attributes that have to do with player damages. So I say for glue\trap, its more of a secret than a cheat.

When the player "exits" the game then "re-enters" to escape the tag that goes beyond "skill" but enters the hey I found a "bug" route.

That is the biggest controversy on this.

To "Eliteone",

First of all, I think the way you treated "[TNT] Sonic Goo" was heavy handed

and disrespectful, this is a mapper from the "NOLF Community" who has done

nothing but give to this community, he posts here at "UNITYHQ" & he also makes

posts over at "TGF (THE The site that shall not be named.COM FORUMS)".

As a member of this community all I saw was him trying to help people get the

new fix for "NOLF 2" and all you could do is destroy the link he supplied, so much

for the war is over eh "Eliteone", am I surprised at your actions (absolutely),

especially when you said this (read below) not too long ago.

Quote From "Eliteone":

My personal thoughts

We disabled the link at first because to some it wasn't fair to have it here when

only some could use it. Disabling the link was an error in judgement and has now

been corrected From now on anyone who attacks tgf, ng, or the admins there will

be frowned upon by me.

This "war" is over as far as I'm concerned

Proud Community member

Eliteone

"Peace comes from within. Do not seek it without." -Buddha

End Of Quote.

So the question is "IS THE WAR OVER ELITEONE", sure doesn't look like it to me,

I don't see why those that have been banned from the above mentioned "TGF",

could not just have their friends e-mail them the "NOLF 2 Fix", and that way

eveyrone would have the fix and the problem would be solved don't you think.

Why you continue to keep this war going I have no idea, all your doing is hurting

this community even more then it has already been through, and there will never

be peace in the community until YOU STOP DOING THIS.

Realize that most of the people who were banned certainly deserved to be banned

forever, and if "TGF" was my site, I would have banned them for life also, I can't

believe that people act like children and then when they get banned, awwwww,

thats not fair, what did I do, they shouldn't have banned me at all.

The fact that they had to face consequences for their actions surprised them, well

guess what kiddies that is life, you make huge waves there might be consequences

for the actions you decide to take, sounds just like real life to me.

Those people that you are so eager to protect, deserved what they got, that is the

truth of the whole matter (why your were banned I am not sure, however you have

caused some major problems over at "TGF" also), , how do you expect the other

side to think anything positive of you ever again, when you say one thing and do

another, same old, same old.

I am very disappointed in you and your actions, I really believed you when you

made that quote a while ago, and then you go and do this, which is against what

you quoted earlier, doesn't it seem quite weird to you, that someone would do this,

especially when it is you.

Your actions are distressing to say the least, it will be hard to believe anything you

say now or in the future ever again, because you cannot be trusted to follow through

whether you put it in a post, or on a poster, or in an e-mail\letter, etc., etc.

Take Good Care Of Yourself And Your Family,

Long Live "NO ONE LIVES FOREVER",

Your Friend In "NOLF 1 & 2, CJ, & F.E.A.R.", Always,

"CANADA" From The "GREAT WHITE NORTH".

:unsure:B):D:24::24:;):24:

Blow it our your butt Cannuck. E1 didn't say anything that isn't true. Just cuz she runs this joint doesn't mean she can't have an opinion. Mind your business and stay outta our site eh. We got a bunch of people here who are not welcome at Disco Dan's boot licking site. Its a friggen joke. If he had any class, and wanted to do anything for the "community" he would lift the bann and start anew. But he won't. NOLF2'ers were sick of his bias against our game and our members, so we (me happily included) told him to shove it. Flabbergasted by our audacity to question his power, he put his tail between his legs and threatened to pull out of the whole "NOLF SERIES COMMUNITY SITE BUSINESS." However with enough BS Fakeness to make a Hollywood director go "ewwwww" all these members came back to beg his highness' forgiveness. So now you can go back to TGF and tell Dan to kiss my big fat NY azz. We are happy with our site, and free to run it as we like.

Your Friend In "NOLF2 ONLY!"

and I hope you get trampled by a gassious Moose you Hoser!

KNIX from the Big motha (*&(*&)(!!!!! Apple....USA

Mods please if you have any pride, don't remove this post...I'll buy you a shiny apple or something :P

To "Eliteone",

First of all, I think the way you treated "[TNT] Sonic Goo" was heavy handed

and disrespectful, this is a mapper from the "NOLF Community" who has done

nothing but give to this community, he posts here at "UNITYHQ" & he also makes

posts over at "TGF (THE The site that shall not be named.COM FORUMS)".

As a member of this community all I saw was him trying to help people get the

new fix for "NOLF 2" and all you could do is destroy the link he supplied, so much

for the war is over eh "Eliteone", am I surprised at your actions (absolutely),

especially when you said this (read below) not too long ago.

Quote From "Eliteone":

My personal thoughts

We disabled the link at first because to some it wasn't fair to have it here when

only some could use it. Disabling the link was an error in judgement and has now

been corrected From now on anyone who attacks tgf, ng, or the admins there will

be frowned upon by me.

This "war" is over as far as I'm concerned

Proud Community member

Eliteone

"Peace comes from within. Do not seek it without." -Buddha

End Of Quote.

So the question is "IS THE WAR OVER ELITEONE", sure doesn't look like it to me,

I don't see why those that have been banned from the above mentioned "TGF",

could not just have their friends e-mail them the "NOLF 2 Fix", and that way

eveyrone would have the fix and the problem would be solved don't you think.

Why you continue to keep this war going I have no idea, all your doing is hurting

this community even more then it has already been through, and there will never

be peace in the community until YOU STOP DOING THIS.

Realize that most of the people who were banned certainly deserved to be banned

forever, and if "TGF" was my site, I would have banned them for life also, I can't

believe that people act like children and then when they get banned, awwwww,

thats not fair, what did I do, they shouldn't have banned me at all.

The fact that they had to face consequences for their actions surprised them, well

guess what kiddies that is life, you make huge waves there might be consequences

for the actions you decide to take, sounds just like real life to me.

Those people that you are so eager to protect, deserved what they got, that is the

truth of the whole matter (why your were banned I am not sure, however you have

caused some major problems over at "TGF" also), , how do you expect the other

side to think anything positive of you ever again, when you say one thing and do

another, same old, same old.

I am very disappointed in you and your actions, I really believed you when you

made that quote a while ago, and then you go and do this, which is against what

you quoted earlier, doesn't it seem quite weird to you, that someone would do this,

especially when it is you.

Your actions are distressing to say the least, it will be hard to believe anything you

say now or in the future ever again, because you cannot be trusted to follow through

whether you put it in a post, or on a poster, or in an e-mail\letter, etc., etc.

Nice cut and paste there Canada............. I sucked up my pride a couple months ago at your request and well the crap continues. We will not link files here that everyone in this community cannot benefit from that is the way it is nor will I run such "exclusive" files on servers I manage (about 99% of the nolf 2 servers running)

I am tired of you coming in here with your "I'm holy" attitude and stucking your arse in where it quite frankly doesn't belong. Until you can get the other side to humble themselves for a change and let bygones be bygones I'm not going to do you favours (though you never followed through on your end last time)

I don't run an "exclusive club" with the servers like TGF does with who can access their stuff. MY servers have been open to everyone for over 2 years now. So I would apreciate you not coming in here cutting and pasting two seperate posts doing one of your famous suck ups.

Canada... if you can't post without causing a scene... just don't bother posting.

What you fail to realize or purposfully choose to ignore is there are two sides to every story. Continue to attack or antagonize eliteone, who runs the site for me much like Dan runs the TGF site, and you might see us start to do exactly what they did... ban people who were annoying them instead of dealing with the situation. I have a feeling you'd not react kindly to being banned for that reason. No one does. I don't want to go down that road, but there are times when it's very tempting.

Canada... if you can't post without causing a scene... just don't bother posting.

What you fail to realize or purposfully choose to ignore is there are two sides to every story. Continue to attack or antagonize eliteone, who runs the site for me much like Dan runs the TGF site, and you might see us start to do exactly what they did... ban people who were annoying them instead of dealing with the situation. I have a feeling you'd not react kindly to being banned for that reason. No one does. I don't want to go down that road, but there are times when it's very tempting.

To "[FF5]Knix", "Eliteone", & "Belladonna",

Nowhere in my message was I rude at all, all I expressed was there was a

quote and that is the quote I go by. I was disappointed in the way things were

going in this post and I expressed it (Freedom of Reasonable Speech?).

So now it is ok to call people names, slander them, and why not ban them because

they happen to have an opinion, well what happened to: this is site for all of the

community, and we work for the betterment of the "NOLF Community".

"[FF5]Knix": Why am I not surprised at your outrageous rudeness, you only

clarified exactly what I was saying, I have never spoken to anyone like that,

and I am quite sure on the street you wouldn't speak like that either, however

that in itself is another subject, I wish you well though.

"Eliteone": You have made (only in my opinion of course) a major turn around

considering what you were saying before, you yourself have attacked someone

just because they made a fix for a cheat in "NOLF 2" and you including others are

on his ban list, so even though you stated that this would not be acceptable here

at "UnityHQ", you have gone and done it yourself, you put the site or the person

down just because a few people will have an inconvenience in getting the file right

away, and also with new players coming in the game you still want to keep the rage

going.

This type of anger\rage or hatred (call it what you like) doesn't make sense anymore,

especially if you believe the other people will never change.

So instead of being the good example, you go the other route.

Also the way you treated "[TNT] Sonic Goo", wasn't very nice and you know it, he

has nothing to do with this (he is a respected member in the community), and you

just chose to use him as a pawn in your vindictive game.

"Belladonna": After all this time, for you to tell me that I will be banned for something

you yourself professed as being most important and that was, the rights of the forum

members to be able to have or state their opinions, without being banned.

This does not seem to be the understanding now with what you are telling me, since

when does a member who see's something in a post that just doesn't seem right, and

states that, now risk being banned for having an opinion when seeing an injustice.

Well, I certainly do not want to be banned, however I do not kiss butt here or over at

"TGF" as I was accused of (which means anyone who posts at "TGF" is one also,

considering what "[FF5]Knix"said).

If you so choose to ban me (hope you don't, however), you will be tearing down everything

(all the reasons you built "UnityHQ" Belladonna), because you would no longer be using

your beliefs that you defend so strongly.

The fact that the slander, name calling, and out and out rudeness remain in "[FF5]Knix's"

(oh and some in "Eliteone's") reply states a lot don't you think, when has anyone

in this World "NOLF Community" attacked someones Nationality, race, or colour, and not

have their replies edited or deleted.

Is there one rule for the all of the members or are there two sets of rules here, one

for the members, and one for the owners and their friends. The owners and their friends

can say what they like, whenever they like, however when someone else does it, they

are threatened with a ban.

Ban me, and you are no better then the people you are attacking and complaining about.

Take Good Care Of Yourselves And Your Families,

Edited by CANADA

I did not attack anyone ................ DUH !!

It is the policy of this site not to allow links to files that members of this site are unable to download WELL WAKE UP AND SMELL THE COFFEE cause not everyone can access that site. No where did I attack Sonic by reminding of our policy.

You are digging for dirt where there is none. So you instead turn this into an attack thread.

I would like to know when you joined the staff at TGF Canada? You talk as if you own the site yet I am told you are NOT listed as a staff member there? Care to enlighten those of us who are under the impression the way you talk that you practically own the place.

Your whole attack is based upon this to quote myself

Sorry Goo till the file is available for all (see next post and notes on my post) we are not going to link it here etc.

Show me how this attacks Sonic or anyone else personally?

Sonic is a mapper for these gamer yes and I honour him and other custom mappers by running their maps on my servers. Who else in this community does this 24/7 like I do ?

So Canada it appears running 99% of the Nolf 2 servers and 1 nolf and the only 24/7 Contract Jack Server doesn't mean SQUAT...........cause I don't map I deserve for you to cross the line once again and ATTACK me?

I do just as much if not more for this community than a mapper does yet you continue to twist things into an attack time and time again. Funny how after your attacks is shown for what they truly are do you ever admit that you cross the line. Oh yeah you walk on water.......

Part of the quote from me (conviently blended from an old topic I might add) was done based upon promises from you. Promises I might add never manifested (You dropped the ball basically)

Your whole attack upon me in the thread............is a SHAME ON YOU !!!!!!

it shows just how low you will sink for attention.

READ YOUR BASIS FOR IT OVER AGAIN CAREFULLY

cause I am sure everyone is wondering the WTF !! is your problem by now.

here in case you weren't paying attention it is again

Sorry Goo till the file is available for all (see next post and notes on my post) we are not going to link it here etc.

If you don't like our policy then PM an admin or something. To take that quote and jump all over me shows just how sad you are. To imply you are representing TGF in that same post is even lower.

To Knix Thanks for sticking up for me B) Bella too. You may find out Canada that more people appreciate what I do for this community than you think and are not going to sit by idle while you twist and contort a quote and quotes out of context to make yourself look like you walk on water so you can attack me. These people are smarter than that and see right through it.

Gee for a friend of everyone this Canada guy seems to have alot of hostility.

He should read the posts fully before engaging his keyboard :rolleyes:

He should also take notice that a private site has the right to enforce their policies as they deem fit. If they have informed people in the past that their site policy is they reserve the right to edit posts etc that do not fall into that criteria then they can do so.

He should also be aware that taking seperate posts and conbining them stating that they are one quote in that new form is techincally forgery.

Then to take that forgery to attack someone amounts to slander.

I am refering to the person who took what appeared to be an informative post about concerns of an in game activity and took over the post to attack someone instead. He should be lucky this is the internet as he gets more leeway then one would in other mediums.

We will not link files here that everyone in this community cannot benefit from that is the way it is nor will I run such "exclusive" files on servers I manage (about 99% of the nolf 2 servers running)

I wouldnt say 99% of the servers, more like 70 or 80%. NS server is there too but maybe that one doesn't count ;)

Ok Moody if you take the 6 server running 24/7 and divide it out I host 83.3333% of the nolf 2 servers presently.

It was so not the main point (but since I ruffled your feathers ;) ) I'll give you my bad math in the first post ;) ok?