Invalid CD Key

Guest Doffy90

Guest Doffy90

I dont have a fake version of nolf2 and I got a real cd key that works.

I reinstalled nolf2 and after I uninstalled it I removed all the registry because I got a program called Ace Utilities that removes errors in the registry.

It says Invalid CD key all the time and Im getting frustrated.

I actually paid for this game and I expect to use every option of the game. Im so mad at Sierra.

Hows that NOLF2 Pentition going? Anyone sent it in yet? (Isnt that for fixing this problem among others=?)

Well join the club of annoyed Nolfers. Could be a problem with your version/computer but could very well be a master server problem.

I am hoping it ain't the latter though, Sierra have seemed to have it under control lately!

Guest Doffy90

Its not my computer or version because I installed it just the way I do everytime I install it. :)

Im so annoyed, I sent an email to Sierra too.

Guest Doffy90

Btw I got an answer from them.

Hello,

Thank you for contacting Vivendi Universal Games Technical Support.

As I understand from reading your mail that you do not have the CD key for the game “Nolf 2”.

The product support lifecycle for the game that you are referring to has come to an end and is no longer supported by Vivendi. For a complete list of the actively supported games please visit the following website:

http://support2.vugames.com/vug/answer.aspx?ID=6467

Please feel free to contact us if you need further assistance. You may access the technical support knowledge base at: http://support.vugames.com

Did you look at that list Doffy? NOLF2 is the only NOLF game listed as still being supported, so I don't know what their problem was with helping you. In your case, I really don't think it's a CK key issue anyway. There is something funky that happens when people uninstall and reinstall NOLF2. I once had to totally reformat my computer in order to be able to play again... using the same key.

It is caused by a couple things usually.

Someone actually guessed your cd key via a key generator or you have a corrupted entry in your windows registry.

Uninstall the game remove the C:\Program Files\Fox\No One Lives Forever 2 folder.

To ensure a true clean uninstall use regedit to remove the nolf 2 entries

***Caution if you delete the wrong things your Operating System may become compromised***

Delete the following key (use the search to find it)

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Monolith Productions\No One Lives Forever 2

Also check to make sure the account you are installing with has sufficent permissions to install properly (Admin rights)

Guest Doffy90

When I uninstalled I ran Ace Utilities and that program makes sure all registry that have to do with nolf2 or any other game or program that I have uninstalled goes away, and I personally checked it and it was gone.

But I can try everything again.

When I uninstalled I ran Ace Utilities and that program makes sure all registry that have to do with nolf2 or any other game or program that I have uninstalled goes away, and I personally checked it and it was gone.

But I can try everything again.

registry utlilites don't always find every entry which is why I prefer the old fashioned way of using regedit.

Guest Doffy90

Ok I uninstalled nolf2 then I removed that registry you said then I ran ace utilities but it still gives me invalid cd key, my uncle is trying to find me a cd key which isnt in use, thats the only way I guess...

Thanks for trying to help though :)

Ok I uninstalled nolf2 then I removed that registry you said then I ran ace utilities but it still gives me invalid cd key, my uncle is trying to find me a cd key which isnt in use, thats the only way I guess...

Thanks for trying to help though :)

did you search for any other registry references to nolf 2

Guest Doffy90

I searched for "Monolith, Sierra, Nolf, Nolf2, No one lives forever, No one lives forever 2" and everything was gone. I made sure of it.

Eliteone do you know how I can do that stuff with that BAT file, RXS said thats a way I can try.

I searched for "Monolith, Sierra, Nolf, Nolf2, No one lives forever, No one lives forever 2" and everything was gone. I made sure of it.

Eliteone do you know how I can do that stuff with that BAT file, RXS said thats a way I can try.

hmm you could do it with a bat file I personally wouldn't trust that like I posted previously if you muck up and delete the wrong entry then your OS may not work right.

Guest Doffy90

hmm you could do it with a bat file I personally wouldn't trust that like I posted previously if you muck up and delete the wrong entry then your OS may not work right.

I know but theres really no other way :(

:lol: I was talking about taking a Bat to your computer and beating the sheeet out of it

I find it hard to believe that there are a few of you having bad installs. Either someone has cracked some valid CD keys (yours) or there is a Master server issue. Cause if you removed the entries and reinstalled. You game should function.

Do you have a another CD key you can try?

Doffy was able to connect to the game again using his original Key. There really does seem to be problems nearly every time someone uninstalls then reinstalls. I went through it myself, and eventually things just worked again on their own with me too, but the waiting was a killer.

Guest Doffy90

The worst thing I know is to wait lol :P

Anyway, there's something seriously wrong with either the whole Nolf2 game or the master server because almost everyone gets this problem and suddenly its just fixed. :blink:

But thank god its fixed lol

I don't think there's a key gen out there, because first the game is very old and second it isn't on any of the major bittorrent sites.

Hmmmm surak my son you must not have a good search engine as it is unfortunately out there (not going to say where either)

Well, I didn't said I used a search engine, I said I searched for it on the major bittorrent sites.

Those files aren't that big so why would they need bittorrent?