NOLF Mods-How can you make them work?

Hello!

I have a few questions for you guys,could you please help?

1.First of all,is the underground bunker a mod for NOLF,or NOLF2?I have seen it said both ways on the net.

2.Could someone please send me,or direct me to a readme on how to fix the mods to the game with REZ?I know how the winrez is working,but I can't make out wich files go to wich folders...Maybe because I thought underground bunker was for nolf2....Anyways,any help would be very much appreciated.Also if you could recommend some nice single player mods for both games,that would be fantastic!

THX in advance!

Hmmmm, underground bunker? Never heard of it, I think its for nolf1 then, but any mods should go in the fox/noonelivesforever2/custom/mods folder. As you might know, nolf2 isn't one of the most active games at the moment so there aren't any single player mods. ^^

Hmmmm, underground bunker? Never heard of it, I think its for nolf1 then, but any mods should go in the fox/noonelivesforever2/custom/mods folder. As you might know, nolf2 isn't one of the most active games at the moment so there aren't any single player mods. ^^

Thx a lot,yeah I know its an old game,but thats my wife favourite,she doesn't like any other fps,and I would like to get her some new stuff,she hasn't played through yet.

Welcome Matey!

1. I'm not sure which mod you're talking about. If it is FORGOTTEN bunker, then it's probably a NOLF1 (GOTY) mod. I've seen a download site which says it was a NOLF2 mod but I more than doubt that. I doubt there are any bigger mods out there which could be used for NOLF1/2 simultaneously.

2. The .rez files are all you need. DON'T EXTRACT them!

Hmm, I just failed to find a howto on using mods around here/the links section but I know they are out there....

NOLF2:

Place the mod's .rez file in the "\Custom\Mods\[Name of the mod here!]" folder within your NOLF2 directory. So for the file coolmod.rez it would look like: "\Custom\Mods\coolmod\coolmod.rez". Look into the readme of the mod for details. Usually there should be an installation instruction included.

When starting up NOLF2, an options screen will appear, saying something like:

Play

Custom (<----- AHA!)

Display

Options

Press Custom, a box should appear showing all the correctly installed an recognized mods. Check the box of the mod you would like to use and press OK. Now start the game. Usually, in the lower right corner of the main screen, the name of the mod is shown instead of the version number. Mod should be working....

NOLF1:

Not sure how this works since I'v got it no longer installed. The mod database site for forbidden bunker says the following:

Things you should know before you play:

-If you have NOLF installed into the default directory you can run the mod just by clicking on the Forgotten Bunker icon.

-You should back up your saved games folder as a different name, that way you can now have old saved game settings massing with the mod.

-Check your game settings. Make sure you turn subtitles OFF and turn the graphics all the way up to HIGH!

*ORIGINAL NOLF OWNERS!*

The mod was built on the GOTY of NOLF so if your are a original nolf owner you are going to have to update the game to 1.004 & load the rez file of the mod in your custom folder. heres how to do it:

1. Create a new folder named "custom" in your No One Lives Forever directory

(i.e. Crogram FilesFoxNo One Lives Forevercustom).

2. After you download the Zip file open it and extract it to (or place it in) your custom folder (Crogram FilesFoxNo One Lives Forevercustom).

3. Launch NOLF. Click 'Advanced' then click 'Customize'. There are two windows, the left side shows the rez maps in your custom folder. The right side shows maps you had loaded and ready to play. To load a map highlight it and click 'Add'. You can only run 11 maps at a time.

4. Click 'Ok', 'Ok' and 'launch'. From the in game menu click on 'Multiplayer' then 'Host' then 'Levels'. You should see the new levels listed.

Here the link to the mod database (forbidden bunker entry):

http://mods.moddb.com/559/

I heard about a NOLF2 SP mod called "The Man from Unity", check out the mod database. Unreleased by now I reckon.

Look here for Zero/Neo/Bahas Nolf2 mods: http://www.unityhq.net/forums//forums/index.php?showtopic=13

Nolf1 beats me. Heard there are several new SP missions available. Check out the Modding forums on this site. Try the links section on the UnityHQ main site, use the mod database etc...

Edited by Alexa

Welcome Matey!

1. I'm not sure which mod you're talking about. If it is FORGOTTEN bunker, then it's probably a NOLF1 (GOTY) mod. I've seen a download site which says it was a NOLF2 mod but I more than doubt that. I doubt there are any bigger mods out there which could be used for NOLF1/2 simultaneously.

2. The .rez files are all you need. DON'T EXTRACT them!

Hmm, I just failed to find a howto on using mods around here/the links section but I know they are out there....

NOLF2:

Place the mod's .rez file in the "\Custom\Mods\[Name of the mod here!]" folder within your NOLF2 directory. So for the file coolmod.rez it would look like: "\Custom\Mods\coolmod\coolmod.rez". Look into the readme of the mod for details. Usually there should be an installation instruction included.

When starting up NOLF2, an options screen will appear, saying something like:

Play

Custom (<----- AHA!)

Display

Options

Press Custom, a box should appear showing all the correctly installed an recognized mods. Check the box of the mod you would like to use and press OK. Now start the game. Usually, in the lower right corner of the main screen, the name of the mod is shown instead of the version number. Mod should be working....

NOLF1:

Not sure how this works since I'v got it no longer installed. The mod database site for forbidden bunker says the following:

Here the link to the mod database (forbidden bunker entry):

http://mods.moddb.com/559/

I heard about a NOLF2 SP mod called "The Man from Unity", check out the mod database. Unreleased by now I reckon.

Look here for Zero/Neo/Bahas Nolf2 mods: http://www.unityhq.net/forums//forums/index.php?showtopic=13

Nolf1 beats me. Heard there are several new SP missions available. Check out the Modding forums on this site. Try the links section on the UnityHQ main site, use the mod database etc...

Thats marvellous Alexa,thanks a lot.I figured appr. the same,but didn't dare trying,I didn't want to screw up the game.Unfortunatly there was no readme or anything with the mod.Oh,and it was forgotten bunker,it just slipped my mind.Thanks again.I knew this was the best place to ask!

• 9 months later...

I got a problem with the new MXTest9.rar mod that I downloaded, and its not working. All I get it that .rez file or rar. and it won't upload on my pc and I can't play it online cause map mod is not working maybe I downloaded to a wrong place, but I didn't even get a readme file with it. Can anybody help me? :mellow:

Put it exactly here: C:\Programm Files\No One Lives Forever 2\Custom\Mods\MXTest9\MXTest9.rar

(C:\Programm Files\No One Lives Forever 2 ist your installation dir)

On the splashscreen click custom and then click at MXTest9 and ok -> Play

Hope that helps.

Put it exactly here: C:\Programm Files\No One Lives Forever 2\Custom\Mods\MXTest9\MXTest9.rar

(C:\Programm Files\No One Lives Forever 2 ist your installation dir)

On the splashscreen click custom and then click at MXTest9 and ok -> Play

Hope that helps.

I'm sorry its not working, one of the reasons I don't have the MXTest9 folder all I get is that rar file and nothing else and it dispalays like ethernet explorer icon.

I'm sorry its not working, one of the reasons I don't have the MXTest9 folder all I get is that rar file and nothing else and it dispalays like ethernet explorer icon.

have you extracted the contents of the rar file? (rar=compressed file)

I can't it won't give me that option, its not a folder its some kind of unusual file that has ethernet explorer symbol on it and tryed clicking on it, but nothing happened!? :( For now on I hate rar files :angry:

I can't it won't give me that option, its not a folder its some kind of unusual file that has ethernet explorer symbol on it and tryed clicking on it, but nothing happened!? :( For now on I hate rar files :angry:

You need a program like 7-Zip or WinRAR to extract the mod from the archive.