More NOLF2 cooperation maps.

Duran

Hello!

I like to ask, if somebody knew how I can play via Cooperative Multiplayer Game, maps that are used at Single Player Game. I know it is possible couse I played in such way on internet server. Now I want to play like this at my LAN game, at home. Couse those maps for cooperative playing are very short, and there is no fun with playing at them again and again.

If somebody can help me, please do so :).

Best Wishes

Duran

But is there some way to play those Single Player Maps at Multi...I'm bored of those which are in Coop game. But I love NOLF2 so much...that I will seek for it...and when I will find I will inform you.

There's a thread in the forum Nolfage on the website Leesy posted, it's called "SP on MP" or so. There is a very short explanation how to play SP missions in COOP. As far as I understand it would work as follows:

1. You will have to install the NOLF2 Toolkit, see here: http://sierra.com/downloadfile.do?mediaid=6450.

I installed the Editing Tools but didn't install the sources, for they apparently need 2 GB of harddisk space!

After you have installed the toolkit, there should be an Attributes folder within the Game folder in your NOLF2 directory. I can't confirm this, but it should hold the files Missions.txt and CoopMissions.txt. Following the voodohq instructions, you should backup CoopMissions.txt and copy the missions from Missions.txt into the CoopMissions.txt, numbering them correctly. You then have to modify the campaign file of your profile, located somewhere inside the profiles folder (COOP campaign folder is called "Campaigns", the others bear DM_, DD_, TDM_ in front of their names). The standard campaign file is called default_campaign.txt. Inside you can set the missions you want to play (don't know how exactly, I believe the SP missions are numbered like "Mission0", "Mission1" etc.).

2. Start a dedicated server. Apparently the new COOP missions will be overwritten when you just start NOLF2. So I hope you've got a spare PC.

I'd propose you don't bother trying this unless you really, really know what you're doing.

When I can find the time I'll try the following:

- Extract just missions.txt and coopmissions.txt from the NOLF toolkit.

- Create an Attributs folder within my Game folder and copy the afore mentioned files into it.

- Following the steps above to create a modifyed coopmissions.txt file and backup it

- Start NOLF2 NOT DEDICATED. Then Alt+Tab back to Windows and overwrite the coopmissions.txt file with my backup of it.

- Hopefully choose the SP missions I want to play within the COOP campaign editor

That way, with lotsa luck, one might be able to play SP missions in COOP without installing that huuuuuuge Toolkit and without using a dedicated server. :)

In case you don't understand my babble, here's the link to the original thread:

http://voodoohq.net/?q=node/611

But is there some way to play those Single Player Maps at Multi...I'm bored of those which are in Coop game. But I love NOLF2 so much...that I will seek for it...and when I will find I will inform you.

btw, you may also use this mod to play SP/Co-op maps and a rough version of what i'm making for a co-op map:

http://www.unityhq.net/forums//forums/inde...wtopic=13&st=60

This one has the choas map preview (Chaos V.55):

http://hosted.filefront.com/5ahamutZero