NOLF2 dead or alive

icemember

Nice! Then it should be worth modding the game again. I installed NOLF2 2 weeks ago. I forgot what a pain it was to install it and to get it to work. But sure is a great game. As long as new maps come out this game, it should remain alive. It is the same with Star Wars Battlefront 2, new maps come out and still remains alive today.

I'm learning with the mapping tools. They build like MOHAA.

I have somewhat experience in scripting maps. Did it for SWBF2 and Medal of honor. I'm hoping these scripts are similar lol.

Though these modding tools, I dont remember working with them, they seem different. I can't remember what tools I was using back then.

I have modeling skills, but I have the wrong version of Maya, I have 4.5. Upgraded from 3.5 7 years ago. As reading the docs, they used 4.0 I think.

If your interested in modding, pm me so we can get something going.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Is this game still alive? Any one modding out there?

Anyone interested in modding?

i can help you mod the game a bit.. im not an expert but i used to make my own things...

Best Regards, Mike

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

Hello everyone! :)
I'm sure that NOLF 2 will remain one of the best games of the whole triology for a long time.
So... I think, that oneday this game will rise again. If it is possible to re-release the game, for example with a new physics, reformed graphics. It would be really marvellous!

• 2 weeks later...

It has been a while since I've played and I've just finally reinstalled nolf 1 and 2.  I just love these games.  How do we go online?  or is it so dead that not enough people are ever on at one time?  If we can get online then point me in the right direction.  :)

Download URA's multiplayer launchers for Nolf 1 and Nolf 2, plus the LivesForever mod for Nolf 2. All three of these are featured downloads in their respective sections.(Nolf 2 has a Needed Files area that includes the maps you'll want, plus the other two Nolf 2 files.)

Edited by FortranDragon
Added bit about the maps.

Ok so I tried downloading and installing everything.  I think I have it all.  I at least got the servers to show up.  When I click on a server it says I don't have that mod.  Maybe I'm installing them in the wrong places.  I also seam to not have the Custom button if that matters. I'm still trying to get it all to work. 

nolf_servers.JPG

Ok so I figured out how to get my Custom folder to display.  I wasn't putting the mods in their own folders within the mod folder.  Now I can select the mod.  Do we have to figure out which mod to use depending on the server?  Or are there lots of mods within the "livesforever" mod? 

I'm still trying to see if I can get in a game.  So far most of the time the refresh button will not show anything. 

Yes, though most use the LivesForever mod over the LivesForeverPlus mod. (You can widen the column with the mods to see the full name.)

Mine isn't showing any servers, either, at the moment. I haven't had a chance to try out multiplayer for quite awhile so I'm not sure why no servers are showing.

So I refreshed the servers tonight and they worked.  It looked as if I could join a game this time with the mod installed correctly, but it crashed and said something like client MFC application failed or something like that and crashed.  It did that a few times and now the servers are not showing up again. 

11 hours ago, mimi said:

So I refreshed the servers tonight and they worked.  It looked as if I could join a game this time with the mod installed correctly, but it crashed and said something like client MFC application failed or something like that and crashed.  It did that a few times and now the servers are not showing up again. 

Running the game in Windows XP compatibility mode reduced the chances of the client MFC error. 

Thank you so much, that worked.  I had to refresh the servers 3 times before anything showed up this time, but once they did I was actually able to get it.  That is awesome.  Thank you all for getting this to work even part of the time.  :)   Now to just find when people are actually playing.  Long live NOLF. 

Edited by mimi
  • Like 1

Is there a reason why most all the time the servers will not show up?  Only once in a long while they will show up after a refresh.  Not only is it hard to find times when people are playing, but if the servers never show up I can't even check to see what's active so I can't play.  Is this something I'm doing wrong, or does this happen to everyone? 

I finally got in again.  I was sitting waiting just because and then I get kicked or banned from server. 

Edited by mimi

• 11 months later...
  • 7 months later...
On 10/25/2016 at 7:25 AM, icemember said:

Is this game still alive? Any one modding out there?

Anyone interested in modding?

10 years challenge:

We are still waiting for remastered version, NOLF3 or something.

Oh wait, did I say 10 years? LMAO. Ten plus years...