Sign in to follow this  
excelsiorlef

Widescreen 1920x1080 Help

Hi,

I'm trying to get Contract Jack to run in 1920x1080, when I put in the command line suggestions that I've found here and else where for 1920x1080 the game crashes. Any idea what I can do?

Hi,

I'm trying to get Contract Jack to run in 1920x1080, when I put in the command line suggestions that I've found here and else where for 1920x1080 the game crashes. Any idea what I can do?

I believe URA added that to the launcher he made. You might give it a go Download it here

There is a bug that causes the game to crash upon startup if the screen width is greater than or equal to 1760, you should be able to start the game at 1600x900, with my mods (like Project-M) you can change to 1920x1080 once in game and playing (must load a level before changing or it may crash).

I have a new widescreen fix in the works for CJ that helps address this problem :)

Hi,

First, configure all the game options.

Now use Notepad to open the file "display.kfg" in the game folder "Contract JACK"

Then replace the lines

"Screenwidth" "800"

"Screenheight" "600"

On

"Screenwidth" "1920"

"Screenheight" "1080"

!! Then save the change and set the file "display.cfg" properties to "read-only"

Now, to play Widescreen 1920x1080 click

Shortcut Games - Play - SinglePlayer - LoadGame

NOTE:

The drawback of this method is that the game menu does not scale under 1920x1080, so the game menu will be shifted down and you will not see the "Back" and "Quit" buttons

To set the standard screen resolutions from the game menu, press "Options" - "Displey" and then press the "Esc" button on the keyboard

Also, to exit the game, you can press Alt-Tab or Win (the checkbox at the bottom left)

But in the game you will have Full HD :)

Edited by orion98