Game sticks at chapter 8 - the Mime King chase

Hi - I'm not sure how to get around this particular problem. When I play The Getaway rail shooter scene in chapter 8 where you chase the Mime King, the game gets stuck at the end of an alley, a little after Magnus tells Cate he's getting tired. I can shoot and Magnus is still pedaling but the game does not move forward. What's also strange is that there are points where I'll pass Pierre during the scene. I've quit and reloaded quite a few times, tried shooting the ground near Pierre to move him forward and nothing has worked so far. I only saw one other mention of this timing issue online but there wasn't any mention of a solution. Has anyone else encountered this issue and if so, how did you resolve it?

I'm running Windows 10 Pro 64 bit, with a Core i7 CPU, 16 GB of RAM and I have a NVIDIA GeForce GTX 750 graphics card.

Are you using the Livesforever mod? If so try turning it off and then play through the chapter.

No, I don't have that mod installed. I recall in another post that you were able to play through the game successfully after upgrading to Windows 10 - what are the video performance settings that you currently have?

Thanks for your help here :)

Yes, also I had this problem on Windows 7
No actions have not helped.
1. I saved the archive folder "Save " … I may also be saved in an archive folder "Profiles"
2. Then completely deleted the game and the game folder NOLF2.
3. Then install the game.
4. I started the game and save the game.
5. Copy the replacement "Save" (and "Profiles"?) folder in the game folder.

6. Play

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, I'm having the same issue on Windows 10 64 bit 1608 build.

I end up stuck on a tricycle in front of a closed door (the second door). This builds up by first the mime king disappearing just after the first door and you end up chasing nothing from then to the second door. After a few re-runs I found the mime stopped just after the second door - if I kept on machine gunning him (facing backwards) around the subsequent twists and turns the mime king ended up catching up, then going through me, the taking the lead again. Now the mime king reaches the second door then peels off down the alleyway to the left, still leaving me stuck in-front of the closed door.

Does anybody have a saved game just after this point they can upload to the download site so I can proceed - I am aware that I'll have your skills progression but hey?

Ok. Solution is ignore everybody else that is shooting at you (tricky if you are on high difficulty setting) and concentrate on shooting the mime king. I managed the kill shot just a second or so before he disappeared down the left alley - well not a kill shot as he escapes but I get the cut-scene with Ms Archer saying he won't be so lucky next time.

Solution is therefore: go back to start of level and keep trying, pumping as much lead into the mime king whilst ignoring damage to yourself as much as possible.

• 4 years later...

In case anyone finds this thread ever again, here is the solution that worked for me. There is a point during the chase where Magnus tells you "hurry, he's closing the gate" or something similar. If you kill the mime that is closing the gate, it will remain open, you'll go through it, and eventually end up in the alley where you get stuck. If you do not kill the mime before he closes the gate, Magnus will make a right turn to take an alternate route and you won't end up in the alley where you get stuck. That's what worked for me anyway.

Note: during the chase there is at least one Spy Training Manual laying on a counter that you pass by. Look for it and grab it!

Edited by e5c4p3artist
More info

• 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Hi guys, I end up in the same dead end. Frustrated when no solution mentioned here didn't work. In the end the timing/hardware hints finally lead me to perfect solution – "downgrading" my GPU. I installed FurMark (GPU benchmark) and tried several torture tests raising the resolution and AA from the lowest up while simultaneously tried to play through The Mime Chase. During the first try I noticed significant raise of Mime's speed but it wasn't enough and in the end of chase I still end up in front of him which is the base problem (along with the fact that he stops in multiple spots to wait for you until you shoot him which is not possible when he's far behind you). In another trhree steps I raised torture test settings and finally speed up the Mime enough to keep him in front of me being able to shoot him until the end of chase everytime he stopped. Ta daaa. Done. Don't bother to shoot him except when he stops. It's useless. Also, before torturing my GPU, I raised all fans speed from my silent setting to max to get it some "fresh air" and prevent unnecessary overheating or possible crash. Don't start with the highest setting of torture tests. Begin from the lowest ones.

6 hours ago, RicardoBellagio said:

Hi guys, I end up in the same dead end. Frustrated when no solution mentioned here didn't work. In the end the timing/hardware hints finally lead me to perfect solution – "downgrading" my GPU. I installed FurMark (GPU benchmark) and tried several torture tests raising the resolution and AA from the lowest up while simultaneously tried to play through The Mime Chase. During the first try I noticed significant raise of Mime's speed but it wasn't enough and in the end of chase I still end up in front of him which is the base problem (along with the fact that he stops in multiple spots to wait for you until you shoot him which is not possible when he's far behind you). In another trhree steps I raised torture test settings and finally speed up the Mime enough to keep him in front of me being able to shoot him until the end of chase everytime he stopped. Ta daaa. Done. Don't bother to shoot him except when he stops. It's useless. Also, before torturing my GPU, I raised all fans speed from my silent setting to max to get it some "fresh air" and prevent unnecessary overheating or possible crash. Don't start with the highest setting of torture tests. Begin from the lowest ones.

Welcome to UHQ.  Try installing THIS and see if you get better results.

• 10 months later...

Hi

Full Solution !

Cap the Game to 60FPS with Riva Tuner or use the Modernizer Mod with Unlock Framerate : No

Cap to 60FPS , will be fix also the Wired Music in Action Situations when Guards are Alert  !

Cheers !

Edited by TP555

• 8 months later...

A necro but yes I had the same issue and yes, capping the FPS (I set it to 55) solved the issue immediately.  The whole chase played out differently with the mime staying far ahead of me and shooters popping up in places toward the end of it where they didn't before.