Nolf 2 wierd glitch

Eliteone

So in the method to my madness I install my extra copy of Nolf 2 onto a spare machine (Windows 2000 Pro 1.8 GHz Athlon etc) The game installed just fine, applied the 1.3 patch and maps etc. When you play the single player the save game fonts are missing.

Have done a fair amount of troubleshooting for these games but haven't seen this issue before.

Any Ideas? (I need to get Major up to speed you know :P)

I installed Windows 2000 last week and I just started messing around with single player today, I don't believe I've seen any of the problems you're referring to...Can you describe what you mean by 'save game fonts'? I think I know what you're saying but I want to be sure. Other than incessant crashing during load screens (a common occurrence in my XP installation) I haven't had any other problems...

My system:

AMD Athlon XP 2400+ 2ghz

Rosewill 6600GT

Maxtor 7200rpm hd 80gb

Asus mobo

I had noticed years ago when running Nolf2 on a 2K platform that depending on the version of DirectX I'd installed determined what actions my game would take. Try the update page at microsoft and see if any of the essentials are missing. Just a thought :)

I had noticed years ago when running Nolf2 on a 2K platform that depending on the version of DirectX I'd installed determined what actions my game would take. Try the update page at microsoft and see if any of the essentials are missing. Just a thought :)

Did it's running Direct X 9c ;)

Maybe it's a problem of the graphic card?

I installed the newest driver for my graphic card and then NOLF2 didn't work properly anymore. Textures were dark and weird and I hardly could see anything.

So I deinstalled the new driver again and it works now.. :D

• 2 weeks later...

Nividia FX5200 128MB card AGP is in it Athlon 1.8GHz Processer. It's not the newest out there but plenty to run the Nolf Series Games.

OOH OOH!!! I had that problem a while back! It turned out to be the driver for the video card. It was wierd, because the sentences would show up randomly if you looked up in the air. Try the latest driver for your card, and if it doesn't clear up, I have an older one I know will work that I can shoot your way.

well tried the latest and greatest the Video card in question is a FX5200 Nvidia Card

so would need an older detomator driver prolly.

• 4 months later...

Use I before E

Except after C

Or when sounded as "I" as in Einstein

Or "A" as in weigh "

Neither, weird, foreign, leisure

Seize, forfeit, and height

Are the common exceptions spelled right

But don't let the C-I-E-N words get you uptight.

meaning about 2/3 of the sentence doesn't show up. I'll work on getting some screens of it.

Was the text completely missing or did you have squares where the text should be? On the Mac version the squares indicate missing fonts (with the solution being to install MS Internet Explorer for the Mac [1]).

I'd also suspect your 5200 FX. It is known to be a problematic card when it comes to games.

[1] Which will be a pain going forward since Dec 2005 Microsoft stopped distributing IE for the Mac.

Was the text completely missing or did you have squares where the text should be? On the Mac version the squares indicate missing fonts (with the solution being to install MS Internet Explorer for the Mac [1]).

I'd also suspect your 5200 FX. It is known to be a problematic card when it comes to games.

[1] Which will be a pain going forward since Dec 2005 Microsoft stopped distributing IE for the Mac.

wow revive the old thread :P

this was for my spare PC and I did a complete copy of the fonts directory from my PC (main one) to that one and it had no effect. I used to run the FX5200 with Nolf2 (as it's one of my old machines) and never had this problem. See that PC had been wiped and everything reinstalled again to it.

So my thoughts were the nolf 2 fonts (expo etc) weren't copied over properly and I've copied them to that machine. As it's a backup one I kinda moved on from this issue. Of course it would be a interesting one to solve.