Remembering 9/11

Eliteone

The "Big Bang" really didn't effect me either as i wasn't there right? :lol:

($10 Foxsy momma thinks I'm talking about sex :P)

And uh foxsy, your sign, has your fingers pointed to the side emulating the leter "E" thus you are saying EASTSIIIIIIDE, and not the intended WESTSIIIIIIIDE where you would have to have your fingers pointing up in the air thus emulating the letter "W". No reason a 33 year old white guy from the burbs should be correcting you on this subject....for shame!

i wonder what's going on in factor's head.

IPB Image

you knew people wouldn't respond positively to your post. i'm afraid you loaded the gun, pointed it at your foot (althought it should've been pointed at your head), and pulled the trigger.

Now how did a topic about remembering a tragic event get so hi-jacked?

I've read remembrence posts on alot of boards and they all stuck to the topic.

I posted this for a chance for everyone who wanted to participate to reflect on how 9/11 affected their lives.

If it didn't personally affect you then you should have left the thread alone instead of stirring up matters. The thread was not intended to be the slugfest it has evolved into.

It is a shame too.

well, u know, some people would much rather attack others...

and hey, if that helps them get through the day, then who am i to stop you?

its ok though.

and some1 wrote sumwhere that since when does 99% of one class make up the whole west coast...well it doesnt, but if 99% of one class does, then im sure im not alone in my views...

like i said, i just dont care what u people think of me...i dont need to keep up this image or persona for u...so i say it...

and i mean, what, maybe 10 people have posted in this topic...

well hmmm...so 10 people are against me, but lets bring this out to a bigger, more active forum, and i garuntee i wont be alone...

and then u guys can try your stupid arguments with others...

i might come back in this forum in 2 or 3 years and laugh at you guys, when u see im right..."as always" :D

Whoever is right or wrong was inappropreate to argue it out in this thread which was to "memorialize" the tragic day of 9/11.

To those who shared your thoughts and experiences from that day

Thank You

To those who turned the thread negative I hope you learn to think of others when deciding to crash a memorial thread. It's like knocking over gravestones to some people.

uh huh...

i mean, i felt bad about the people thinkin it will be dead in a few years on the west coast...i also used words as "its sad" or "unfortunate" in my first post but people had to still ignore that and try to pick a fight with me b/c its just funner and easier to do...

sorry some people got so off track by one little statement, which was stupid to argue for or against, it was just a point of view, and i mean, we can just come argue about it in a few years...then u can call me stupid and point fingers and all of that, or the other way around, whatever, it just doesnt matter...

Point is it won't be "dead" ever or if it becomes forgotten by you then it shows how you feel for others as a person.

and now e1 has to jump in on attackin me, really cool, forum runner even pickin sides ;)

w/e...u r really the LAST person i want to impress, cuz u dont mean a damn to me...

for the millionth time, WHY DOES EVERYONE THINK I AM GONNA FORGET ABOUT IT!...i was saying people in cali are moving on with their lives, and its just not becoming as much of a big deal to them, and all of you take that as..."OMG SP@ZZ IS A LIL COMMUNIST BASTARD WHO DOESNT GIVE A DAMN ABOUT HIS COUNTRY"

wake up people, get your heads outta your @ss's

and now e1 has to jump in on attackin me, really cool, forum runner even pickin sides ;)

w/e...u r really the LAST person i want to impress, cuz u dont mean a damn to me...

for the millionth time, WHY DOES EVERYONE THINK I AM GONNA FORGET ABOUT IT!...i was saying people in cali are moving on with their lives, and its just not becoming as much of a big deal to them, and all of you take that as..."OMG SP@ZZ IS A LIL COMMUNIST BASTARD WHO DOESNT GIVE A DAMN ABOUT HIS COUNTRY"

wake up people, get your heads outta your @ss's

Not taking "sides" you took my remembrence thread here and posted a very "cold" response. If the day had no meaning for you then perhaps you should have not posted to the thread. It's that simple. I knew people who lost their lives that day friends of friends etc. some of these others who replied with their stories of that day obviously feel for the events of that day. For you to assume the "west coast" had no meaning for it was not your right to say. My "issue" with you is the fact that you used poor judgement in my opinion and Hi-Jacked this thread to stir up controversy. Did you seriously think people would not react to what you posted?

I'm not sure why you are taking the "Spazz is a rebel" approach to your posting as of late but it does not put you in a favourable light with others.

You should heed the last line of your last post perhaps and use the preview post button and read what you are posting and maybe just maybe think about how it fits into the thread you are posting in.

Had this thread not been a rememberence of the date of the attacks on the World Trade Center and Pentagon your statements might not have invoked such reactions from others. You may not care how they feel but that will come as you grow older and wiser. Sometimes it is best to look at the whole group picture not just your face in the corner.

why do you think people will forget 9/11? as i stated earlier, have people forgotten about WWI, WWII, the holocaust, civil war, revolutionary war, the list goes on. this event was even different because it was on US soil.

dont try to play it off by saying

WHY DOES EVERYONE THINK I AM GONNA FORGET ABOUT IT!...i was saying people in cali are moving on with their lives, and its just not becoming as much of a big deal to them,

you may think, think is the operative word here, that people in california dont really care. how many people have you actually talked to? or is it jsut your class chums who have that 'F that' attitude. just because people weren't there doesn't mean it wont/doesnt effect them. look at WWI, WWII, revolutionary war. none of us were there for the revolutionary war but i guess that doesn't effect us, huh. im sitting here sippin tea with a white powdered wig on, factor.

and just because a class room full of teenagers doesnt deem it a memorable event, i guess its not then, right?!?! i mean after all, any classroom full of teenagers is always right! *geez louise*

"OMG SP@ZZ IS A LIL COMMUNIST BASTARD WHO DOESNT GIVE A DAMN ABOUT HIS COUNTRY"

Are you really sure you know what communism is? Just wondering how it fits into your sentence, because it doesn't make any sense :rolleyes:

ps.: Yes, I just ignored the other idiotic stuff you posted...

i remeber my mom worked in the towers and after the 1st bombing in 93 i beged her to leave her job because i knew they would try again but she stayed. soon after i moved upstate we were never that

close but talking with her from time to time over the years i use to joke with her saying "did you leave your job yet ?"she say no but i would love to tell them were they can put there job ,ha ha then on 9\11

sugarpie woke me up said a plane crashed into the towers 1st thing came to mind was mom then terrorist

attack seen the crash on the news called mom she dont work at the towers no more she works down the block now i for get the buildings name thank god she left in 98 i didnt know havnt talked in like a year or so but the firemen show up my borther is NYFD he would be on the seen oh god and now i find out my unlce aslo worked in the towers 2nd plane crashed "holy ****" i didnt fine out until after the tower came down

and the smoke cleared that my brother was out with injury to his back so he didnt work that day. his ladder company lost all but 3 NYFD brothers they wont`nt let him dig.my uncle was late for work and was able to get out on time a few weeks latter talked my brother he said had been to 20 funerals in 14 days and he had another coming up ."I remeber them!"

(Factor, no-one accused you of THINKING, you may think what you want. But there is a difference between thinking and expressing one's opinion. Obviously, you can think. But you don't really know how to express your opinion yet, at least not without offending other people. You still have to learn when it's OK to go on in a discussion and when it's OK to stop -and maybe say "sorry". Anyway, I will not hold anything against you because of this thread, I just hope it will help you think a bit more before you act.)

Now, about 9/11...

I do remember that day as if it were only one week ago. Like many other people, when I heard the first rumours about an "accident" at the WTC, I thought it was a small plane and thought "that's really sad for its pilot". Then I went out to take a coffee after a few hours of work in my music shop. And there it was, on a huge TV set. I think I didn't even drink the coffee ordered. I just went on watching the reports, hour by hour, like a zombie.

My first thought was for one of my brother's colleagues, who, at that time, worked in the twin towers. Unfortunately, he died in this tragic attack. I grew up during the 80's and WTC was, at least for me, one of the strongest symbols of the american power. Too bad, so was also the terrorsits' opinion. When I was a young boy, I used to dream about seeing the Chrysler building, the WTC, and of course the Empire State building. By then, I had been to NYC twice already, but never had I had the occasion to visit the WTC. When I saw the towers crumble to dust along with my childhood's dream, I thought that a new era had started. Something was gone for good and would never be replaced.

I felt much fear and anger that day. But I remember one more feeling I had, which may seem strange. I also felt hope. I knew that the whole world would be in shock after the attack, and I prayed to God (which is more than unusual for me) that it would, in the end, help the "civilized" and democratic countries get along a bit more in order not to ever see that happen again.

Our governments chose different ways of dealing with the problem, and my goal here is certainly not to argue about who was right and who was wrong. But I would like to say that no-one here in France will ever forget that day. I still do hope, today, that we will find solutions, in our old democracies, that will help us fight terrorism, extremism, xaenophobia, and racism. We have to cure these diseases all together, and it will be a long, long road. But our countries are resourceful, and so are we.

The people who died that day will always remain in my thoughts. The world has some common conscience. I know it's hard for each new generations to learn what their grandparents had to face and fight, for example. But it is necessary. Even if you feel like it's a bit meaningless, or even unfair when you're just a kid, experience will teach you that it's worth the effort.

And err, ROCK ON, N.Y.C.!

Our governments chose different ways of dealing with the problem,

Gen, I swear, I'm not trying to be a jerk or start an arguement or anything. I'm genuinely interested in your perspective when I ask this question: What is the French government's way of dealing with terrorism?

I really appreciated your post.

indy

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Guidelines Privacy Policy.