Running NOLF 1 on Windows 10

So I have the original game. I've used the updated installer to install on my x64 machine running windows 10. I've installed the latest patch. Everything installs fine, but I can't get it to run. Running as administrator, NO compatibility version will run. The game doesn't start, no messages. Help? I really want my teenage daughter to experience the joy of NOLF.

Thanks.

So I have the original game. I've used the updated installer to install on my x64 machine running windows 10. I've installed the latest patch. Everything installs fine, but I can't get it to run. Running as administrator, NO compatibility version will run. The game doesn't start, no messages. Help? I really want my teenage daughter to experience the joy of NOLF.

Thanks.

The original version of the GOTY edition?

Could you elaborate? I started with the original release, installed it using the loading fix for x64, ran the patch for 1.4, then set the compatibility to both windows 95, and also tried windows xp and windows 98/ME. - Nothing works. I will look for the multiplayer launcher and try that. Let me know what else I've missed. Thanks

Followup - so I tried to download and run the server. It does, and brings up the server page now when I launch NOLF. Two problems - how do I play the single player game from here? And I assume because I limited the server to just my network it won't see any servers. But that's not a problem - I only want the single player game. Thanks

I have the Game of the Year edition, so that might make a difference. As far as the launcher goes, I just press play when it comes up. I don't bother to refresh the servers. Doing that takes me right to the Single Player menu option in the game itself.

I had to fiddle some to get it to work but I'm currently running on windows 10 64 bit edition. I installed the 1.3v patch. To be honest I can't remember exactly what I did, but it took a little fiddling.

If you are still having trouble let me know and I can look further into what I did.

Note that you should be able to run the single player without any server, just locally.

Edited by gduck

• 1 month later...

I also have the GOTY edition and installed it just fine so that might be a factor.
I loaded mine 2 different ways and it runs but my only problem is that I can't change controls or go under water. Playing has been quite a challenge -___-

• 4 weeks later...