Marshall Law

RXS

Goo boy if you took me using an expression as a sexual advance, I can assure you that you once again misread my comment.

FYI you worry about Jan Peter Balkenende and Queen Beatrix, and I'll worry about my President...........deal?

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

huh.gif I'm only allowed to care about people dying (and why they're dying) when they're in my own country? (And yes, Balkenende is a spineless askisser with the charisma of a wet washcloth)

14431[/snapback]

Well I guess they only seem to be dying in the US or as a result of US action then, cuz thats all you seem to like to talk about smile.gif.

First mention I have seen of yours regarding Balkenende, or anything negative about Holland's leadership in quite some time (if ever at all, maybe you'll find an individual post or something).

I don't think the fluctuation in global pricing of tullips, herring, wooden shoes, and hash brownies to be no big deal. tongue.gif

I'll start a topic when I get back. Tomorrow I have to drive to 10 hours in the car with my wife , 4 year old , and 2 year old. I took out a home equity loan to pay for the gas..

Be back Tues....lates.

Why there? That's pretty easy. New Orleans, while a lovely city with many positive points,  has also always been considered a place of low morals and where the sins of the flesh are openly embraced. It's second only to Las Vegas. Add to that a city government that never created any disaster plans for this kind of a situation (stupidity comes to mind) resulting in no control when it happens and you have mass chaos and freedom to do any crime you desire without fear of consequences.

On the stealing of food issue, that has not been a problem. It's been understood for days that all food is free to take. I've seen images of the national guard allowing it. It's the stealing of non-essentials that has to be stopped. That is only being done in greed, not to keep a family alive.

13951[/snapback]

Don't forget -- 60 years of Democrat leadership in the state of Louisiana. Can't believe it's not Heaven on Earth down there in the Big Easy! After all, the Democrat way of doing things MUST result in comfort and equality for all, right? A Utopia of diversity, tolerance, and free love!

I stand corrected...you are absolutely right. (One of my best friends is lawyer by the name of J. Marshall...his nickname is Marshall Law - it's no excuse for poor gramar, but that is what I was thinking).

Here is an interesting development that is starting to surface...

Wednesday, Sept. 7, 2005 11:52 p.m. EDT - Newsmax

Democratic Gov. Kathleen Blanco's Bureaucrats Blocked Food and Water

The Red Cross was reportedly ready to deliver food, water and other supplies to flood-ravaged refugees who were sweltering inside New Orleans' Superdome last week - but the relief was blocked by bureaucrats who worked for Louisiana Gov. Kathleen Blanco.

Fox News Channel's Major Garrett reported Wednesday that the Red Cross had "trucks with water, food, hygiene equipment, all sorts of things ready to go ... to the Superdome and Convention Center."

But the Louisiana Department of Homeland Security, Garrett said, "told them they could not go."

"The Red Cross tells me that Louisiana's Department of Homeland Security said, 'Look, we do not want to create a magnet for more people to come to the Superdome or Convention Center, we want to get them out,'" he explained.

"So at the same time local officials were screaming where is the food, where is the water, the Red Cross was standing by ready [and] the Louisiana Department of Homeland Security said you can't go."

In fact, at first I thought "Marshall law" was a mistake, but then I checked on the net and lots of websites use the term "Marshall" as well, instead of "martial". And in some articles written by professional journalists, you can find both terms. So well, maybe they were thinking about the Marshall Plan when they wrote, who knows... Anyway everyone got what you meant, RXS, so it's no big deal. smile.gif

EDIT

OK, now I get it. "Marshall law" also exists. It also is a "state of emergency" plan, thus the confusion, and it seems it is applied by the US armed forces in Iraq right now (tell me if I'm wrong, but that's what I understood). But inside the US, it definitely is "martial law".

D'oh I'm sorry, my bad. I only read the first lines of the article I found and thought it was a law named after its creator, but in fact Marshall Law IS the guy's name. St00pit me. laugh.gif And he works for the Us gov. in Iraq, thus me posting st00pit things. Since many sites mention both his name and the possibility for martial law to be applied to Iraq, I mixed up the two.

The time line of events is starting to surface and facts are starting to make a pretty clear picture of where the breakdowns occurred. I dug up a detailed time-line of the events that took place, part of which is inserted below. After looking at this, you can draw your own conclusions.

For those unfamiliar with how our government is SUPPOSED to work: The chain of responsibility for the protection of the citizens in New Orleans is:

1. The Mayor

2. The New Orleans director of Homeland Security (a political appointee of the Governor who reports to the Governor)

3. The Governor

4. The Head of Homeland Security

5. The President

What did each do?

1. The mayor, with 5 days advance notice, waited until 2 days before he announced a mandatory evacuation (at the behest of the President). Then he failed to provide transportation for those without transport even though he had hundreds of buses at his disposal.

2. The New Orleans director of Homeland Security failed to have any plan for a contingency that has been talked about for 50 years.

Then he blames the Feds for not doing what he should have done. (So much for political appointees)

3. The Governor, despite a declaration of disaster by the President 2 DAYS BEFORE the storm hit, failed to take advantage of the offer of Federal troops and aid. Until 2 DAYS AFTER the storm hit.

4. The Director of Homeland Security positioned assets in the area to be

ready when the Governor called for them

5. The President urged a mandatory evacuation, and even declared a disaster State of Emergency, freeing up millions of dollars of federal assistance, should the Governor decide to use it. (Note: this was done Saturday, Aug 27, PRIOR to when the hurricane hit. The governor failed to act until two days AFTER the storm.)

The levees that broke were the responsibility of the local landowners

and the local levee board to maintain, NOT THE FEDERAL GOVERNMENT.

The disaster in New Orleans is what you get after decades of corrupt

government going all the way back to Huey Long.

Funds for disaster protection and relief have been flowing into this

city for decades, and where has it gone, but into the pockets of the

politicos and their friends.

Political correctness and a lack of will to fight crime have created the

single most corrupt police force in the country, and has permitted gang

violence to flourish.

The sad thing is that there are many poor people who have suffered and died needlessly because those that they voted into office failed them.

For those who missed item 5 (where the President's level of

accountability is discussed), it is made more clear in a New Orleans

Times-Picayune article dated August 28:

If you're keeping track, these people let 569 buses that could have

carried 33,350 people out of New Orleans in one trip get ruined in the

floods. Whatever plan these guys had, it was a dud.