what if jesus...

{U}Sgt.PEPPER

i wouldn't vote for him. that's all we need is the son of god running this country. lol. hold on a sec. now that i'm thinking about it, he'd probably nuke the middle east. hmmm..............i'd have to think about it.

Fascinating topic...however, if I recall correctly, Jesus tended to stay out of political matters. I have no doubt that he would have absolutely no interest in running for a political office of any kind. It is, however, noteworthy to say that he'd be the only person around who actually 'knows' God's will rather than claiming to know...

if I recall correctly, Jesus tended to stay out of political matters. I have no doubt that he would have absolutely no interest in running for a political office of any kind.

Ayup, mate. "My kingdom does not belong to this world"... Too many people tend to forget about this, unfortunately, though this is what lead Jesus to the cross...

And the guy wouldn't nuke anything, since he agreed to get killed for a fair cause, in extenso saving your poor butts, along with mine. Now I won't start a new discussion about the christian message here, I think I made myself quite clear somewhere else already. wink.gif

I think instead of running for president, Jesus would gather his followers, and start a revolution against the corruption of governments all over the world, the USA included.

I'd nod my head in pure pleasure when Jesus told bush to his face that he wasn't a very good follower of his teachings and that anyone who followed bush for his "Christian" stance was being duped.

(warning, this message is not pure spam)

I'd nod my head in pure pleasure when Jesus told bush to his face that he wasn't a very good follower of his teachings and that anyone who followed bush for his "Christian" stance was being duped.

sign_withstupid.giffit.gif

Well I think the same as many, I doubt with all my heart that Jesus would have any interest in politics!

He would probably get a similar raw deal as the last time he was in human form. sad.gif

i think he would be elected like nothing, for lots of reasons...

1) there is a very big christian population in the United States (gets 95% of those votes for sure, and any other strong religious ppl)

2) he is "perfect"...so there is no baggage on him, so u can elect him without problems...

and dingi, that thing on him nukin the middle east, yah, seeing as he is just a violent person like that, and his own ppl r in the middle east also wink.gif

i doubt that one would be pulled...all of the torment he went through b4 he was killed, he never fought back or nuthin, so there is no way in hell he'd nuke anyone...

but that might be why u wouldnt want him as president, he wouldnt stand up for us most likely...if we got attacked, he would tell us to turn the other cheek, and blow up the west coast of the USA...

And the guy wouldn't nuke anything.......................

12935[/snapback]

yeah he would. he remembers what happened the last time he travelled there. isn't jesus famous for that line "i'll be back"? rolleyes.gif

What makes you think Jesus would choose the United States to come to?

13031[/snapback]

best post yet diab. plus he's not a u.s. citizen. no foreigners allowed. lol.

lol...

thats a nice question Diab...

but think about it, president of US is the most powerful man in world...

who wouldnt want that job?

You do know that the president doesn't really run America right?... blink.gif take American Government again!

To be President -

*You have to be born in the US

*35 years of age

*14 Year Residency in the US

~~~~

List of federal employees and their salaries as of January 2005:

Executive Branch

* President: $400,000; $50,000 expense account; $100,000 nontaxable for travel; $19,000 official entertainment account; free housing

* Retired president: $150,000 pension; plus $150,000 to maintain staff

* Former first lady: $20,000

* Vice president: $208,100; $10,000 expense account; free housing

* Presidential Cabinet member (i.e. secretary of defense, attorney general, etc.): $157,000

Legislative Branch

* Speaker of the House of Representatives: $208,100

* Senate president pro tempore: $180,100

* Senate and House majority and minority leaders: $180,100

* Other senators and representatives: $162,100

Judicial Branch

* Supreme Court chief justice: $208,100

* Supreme Court associate justices: $199,200

* Circuit judges: $171,800

* District judges: $162,100

I love American Government class...