Witch Hunt?

daybreak

I hate to rain on everyone's parade...but it would seem that the recent clan drama has created some hypervigilant SFI members in DM, one in particular, who shall remain nameless for now. I have NEVER been accused of violating SFI rules (until this evening) but that does not mean that the rules are not violated by myself and others inadvertantly now and then. Generally 'sorry' works for most violations, but it appears that 'sorry' is no longer good enough...I was accused of spawn tagging and exploiting a map glitch. First of all, I had no idea that going up on the hill in Khios was against the rules, if I'm not mistaken, it is 'not' in the rules. I'm not here to debate the rules necessarily, but I feel like I was being treated like a common criminal by this particular member. I don't care about my score, I would never maliciously break the rules. It's a good thing that Volkov's Lair is gone, would SFI start penalizing players for spawn kills in that stage??? I was even chat killed at least twice by this member before our 'discussion' and I didn't say anything, because it happens, and more importantly, I don't care. I often get spawn killed/tagged several times in a map, again, I don't particularly care unless it's being done maliciously. I only play to have fun, and this was 'not' fun. Have any other players had similar experiences recently? Any thoughts???

Err, Daybreak. Even though I understand how frustrating this situation must have been, this is not the right place. As you said, you're talking about ONE person, not a clan as an entity, and nobody's perfect. If you have to complain about a clan member's behaviour, the one and only place to go is this clan's forums. There, you'll find all means to contact the clan or division leader, who'll patiently listen to you and will try to find a solution.

Now, I'd say there's nothing really wrong with climbing the hill in Khios, because this trick is as old as the universe is. Everyone knows that there's likely to be someone showing up on this hill from time to time, and I do look up at least a few times per minute when I play this map. But... this is a game glitch anyway. So, if someone from SFI told you to get down, you gotta stick to the rules. If I do remember well, even though it's not written in the rules, people don't have the right to exploit such glitches in SFI servers. I did the mistake myself once or twice before someone told me to stop.

As you said, a "sorry" IS, and will always be enough. If someone makes a mistake and says sorry, just move along, that'll help avoid incidents like this.

I only play to have fun, and this was 'not' fun. Have any other players had similar experiences recently? Any thoughts???

12212[/snapback]

Sorry to hear that Daybreak..Thats what people experience all the time from both clanmembers and non clan members..Some people just dont like to be beaten and then starts to complain..I say just keep on playing the way you do.

Oh and about the "hill" in Khios..Everyone goes up there all the time (even clan members) and i didnt know that it wasnt allowed either blink.gif But yeah, better stick to the rules before you get yourself "banned" laugh.gif

The best thing to do, starting from now, would be to avoid posting in this thread instead of putting fat in the fire once more, Moody.

But I have a few things to say before this topic gets locked, which might be a good idea.

- The person who told Daybreak to stop did not "complain", he just told him to respect the RULES, even though his method was not the best. So, if you (in general, all NOLF2 people) think that a rule is not "cool", not "fair", or "darn stupid", MOVE TO ANOTHER SERVER.

- NO, Daybreak can't "keep on playing the way he did", and I think he won't. You can't just come here and tell people to break another clan's rules, sorry.

- "But yeah, better stick to the rules before you get yourself "banned"" -> Better stick to the rules, period. You're being negative toward SFI once more, Moody, and this is not funny nor very clever.

hello daybreak. if you have any complaints, please msn me at lodingi@optonline.net to discuss. i agree with genesis. this is not the place to complain about a fellow clan member.

it is widely known that exploiting a map glitch in deathmach or doomsday is widely frowned upon. we usually won't punish you for your actions but we will ask you to discontinue that sort of gameplay. again if you have any questions, catch me on msn.

as for the spawn killings you mention, spawn killing is not against the rules. you can't help when someone pops up in front of you. if someone is camping at a spawn site killing everyone as they spawn, that's not cool. also, spawn cats and spawn tags are not allowed in deathmatch. they are allowed in doomsday. again catch me on msn if you have any questions.

Daybreak,

As others have stated, if you have an issue with SFI or an SFI member then address it over in the SFI forums or contact a leader there. (that would be me or eliteone, which I know you are aware of). Please keep your own 'witch hunt' against SFI out of UnityHQ.

Any off-map area that everyone cannot readily access is against the rules for SFI servers, UnityHQ servers, and usually any other server being hosted. Take time to read the Server Rules section of UnityHQ so you're more aware what is and isn't permitted.

I apologize for posting this in an inappropriate place. I hadn't even considered the SFI forums because these are the forums I visit, I had actually completely forgotten that SFI even had regular forums or that it would be a more appropriate place.

Genesis: Please give me 'some' credit. As far as the rules are concerned, I'm perfectly fine with following the rules. This member didn't much care for me before he/she was a member in the first place. I'm questioning whether or not this person is acting alone or the rest of the members have been instructed to behave this way for whatever reason.

Since there seems to be a consensus, I would imagine that the best thing to do would be to delete this thread entirely. There doesn't seem to be a need to PM anyone at this point, I've gotten my point across for now.

I say we hijack the thread and start some mud slinging? What do you say? Anybody with me? I'll start....daybreak is a cheater! Now all we need is some gasoline (petro for you Euros) to put the flames out... laugh.gifjust kidding(daybreak is not a cheater)

If daybreak is a guy...would'nt this be considered a Warlock hunt then?

Hijacker's request "I want a full plane, 30 bottles of jack Daniels, and clearence to fly to CUBA!"

Daybreak these are the SFI server rules (Have been posted on the SFI nolf 2 site for over 2 years now)

SFI Server Rules

We ask our guests to please observe the following guidelines to avoid being kicked or banned.

PROFANITY - Children play on our servers. Keep your language clean at all times.

CHEATS - Cheats of any kind are not allowed. Play fair.

HARRASSMENT - Have respect for your fellow players.

VERBAL FIGHTING & CLAN BASHING - Take it elsewhere.

Suggested Etiquette

CHAT KILLING

Permissible in the Doomsday server unless it is clear someone is giving lessons.

In Deathmatch, move on to the next target if you come across someone chatting. Accidents do

happen, so a quick "sorry" helps to smooth ruffled feathers. There is a glitch in NOLF2, so if the

player is moving, frag them regardless of the '!' floating over their head.

SPAWN KILLING & SPAWN TRAPS

Doomsday is war, so if you cannot protect your base, it WILL happen!

In Deathmatch, camping or placing traps/tags at spawning points is frowned upon. Better

players never resort to this. Killing someone that has just spawned without giving them a

chance to be aware of your presence is considered tacky. An exception is on the smaller maps

where it cannot be avoided during a crowded server.

CLAN RECRUITING

SFI asks that our servers not be used to actively recruit for other clans. We are willing to help

out other clans with renting out server time, having practices with them and in various other

ways, but we ask those clans that are in a recruiting phase to host their own games during

such time.

SFI reserves the right to ban anyone for not following these rules. Report any incidents to

Eliteone at e1@sficlan.net, Belladonna or notify an online SFI clan member.

To book time on the Bookable Server contact BellaDonna at belladonna@sficlan.net. Booking

is on a first come first serve basis so be sure to set up the time well in advance.

Amendment added 7-31-05 CHEATING

From now on, anyone caught discussing on the servers how to use or download cheats will be banned from the server. Meaning talking about hacks, editing files, aimbots, etc. You can still point out map flaws, and learn how others use them, but please don't actually go shooting off map because abuse of that will get you banned as always. Also, those who ruin the game for others by constantly making cheating accusations will be booted or banned. If you think someone is cheating, contact the admin here about it. DO NOT accuse anyone of cheating in the server!

No one is on a witch hunt here. However when you visit a friends house do you try to fit in to their standards and rules? or do you disregard it and do what you please.

When you visit a server that isn't your own you are in effect a "guest" there and should conduct yourself accordingly.

I said "I'm not here to debate the rules necessarily, but I feel like I was being treated like a common criminal by this particular member. I don't care about my score, I would never maliciously break the rules."

It's more than a little condescending to post the rules and assume that I am disrespecting them when I have specifically stated that I follow the rules. I am not debating the rules, just the conduct of a certain member. It has been stated that this is an inappropriate place to discuss this so why are people still discussing it?

It has been stated that this is an inappropriate place to discuss this so why are people still discussing it?

12321[/snapback]

Hey sister, I'm trying to help you out and hijack it...that way everyone gets a little mud on them. Doing it this way, muddies the waters so that in the end, no one really remembers what the original issue was. (This is the same techinique the democrats use when Bush nominates a justice---c'mon, you know that----hell, you've probably taken a few classes in it at liberal school) You gotta call me a cheater or something so we can get this all stirred up! biggrin.gif

Genesis: Please give me 'some' credit. As far as the rules are concerned, I'm perfectly fine with following the rules.

No problem, Daybreak. I know you're a cool person and I never questionned the fact that you would stick to the rules or not. My second post was absolutely not a reply to yours, it was a reply to Moody's. So, everything's fine with you as far as I'm concerned. smile.gif

In general, I'd say points like this one, daybreak, should be backed up by screenshots and witnesses and made to the leader of the clan in question. Of course, screenshots may not prove anything at all in this particular case. Witnesses is always something.

Anyway, I really do believe in talking to either the person by whom you feel wronged or their clan leader(s). I can't speak for other games, but in Nolf2 every clan is led by responsible grown-ups who will take you seriously and do their best to remedy the situation. If against all odds the problem isn't fixed over some time, posts like this one would be well founded, in my opinion.

Anyhow! No harm done, I hope this situation is rectified or being rectified, daybreak.

Peace and love to everyone.

If the future is anyone has an issue with someone's server take it to them not in here.

The rules I posted here for you Daybreak indicate who and how to contact someone in regards to issues.