I'm Sparta... eh Bond!

Some of the most popular names being bandied about to play Bond are:

Clive Owen - Sin City, King Arthur

Dougray Scott - Dar Water, Mission Impossible 2

Christian Bale - Batman Begins, Reign of Fire

Daniel Craig - Tomb Raider, Road to Perdition

I'm having a tough time picking anyone to be 007. Who should NOT be Bond but has been mentioned in the press to be interested is easier. I'd put Hugh Jackman (Wolverine), Ewan MacGregor (Obi-Wan) and Eric Bana (Hulk) into that category.

• 2 weeks later...

When I found out Pierce got the boot,I was DIIIIIIIIIIIIISGUSTED!!!! He was IMO the Best bond ever!OK,check this out.I know some might not agree with me on this but I think that if it wasn't for Pierce Brosnan,we might not have the nolf series in the first place.BS you say? read on.

Ok,first off Timothy Dalton Killed James Bond back in the 80's.He didn't just kill Bond,He DESTROYED bond! mad.gif For the next 6 years audiences

thought that a guy like James Bond simply could not exist.The cold war was over,who needs bond right?Well thats when Pierce Brosnan stepped in and filled some mighty big shoes thanks to Connery and Moore.I mean ,you just cant take some pretty boy,put him in a tux and expect it to work!Well needless to say,Pierce more then got the job done and brought the James Bond series back to life.

Well like any movie thats successful,of course we need a game to go with it.Thats when goldeneye for the N64 was released.And IMO changed gaming and FPS.

In the 1960's America was fascinated with the whole "secret agent" idea thanks to James bond. Like any trend,it was just a matter of time before it made a return.This time it came back in another form.Videogames.And thats when NOLF was born.

Now don't get me wrong here.I'm not saying that NOLF "ripped off" N64's Goldeneye,but I think It was definitely inspired by it.Theres nothing wrong with that.Just like music you can break it down and have a timeline.If Elvis never sang then maybe Robert Plant wouldn't have been inspired to sing etc.etc.etc. on down the line.If Gene Krupa or Chick Webb(amazing jazz drummers)Never played then maybe Buddy rich(drumming god) would not have been inspired to play etc.etc.etc on down the line.

Before Goldeneye,first person shooters went like this......Shoot that guy!Find the key!Shoot that guy!Find the key!Shoot that guy!Find the key!

Shoot that guy!Find the key!Shoot that guy!Find the key!Shoot that guy!Find the key! dozing.gif

Now where does Pierce Brosnan fit into this?well I think that if He ended up Being a lousy bond,then Rare(the creators of goldeneye) would not have been inspired to make such a great game to follow it.And then its possible then that Mololith

would not have released NOLF.

I'm usually a stubborn guy when it comes to liking anything new.I know thats a crummy attitude to have but thats just the way I am.And this way of thinking also effects other things that I used to like.I remember when I was a kid, I LOVED japanese animation and manga.I was obsessed with Ranma 1/2 and Dragon ball z.This was back in the early 90's before everyone knew what japanimation was.Then american skaters got a hold of it and totally exploited it! you couldn't walk down the street without seeing a poser with some wanna-be japanimation babe on his t-shirt.I was embarrased just to say I like japenese animation.A lot of these kids thought they were making some kind of statement like "I'm cool" or "I'm different" but really what they were saying is "I buy clothes from wallmart".Ok I'm just rambling at this point.back on topic.

Well anyway, I went to see goldeneye very sceptical.I thought that Connery and Moore could not be matched.Mr Brosnan had to convince me that he was bond.It took about 3 minutes! When he was at the facility surrounded by all those guards and he hid behind that rack full of explosives And the look on the guards faces like "you gotta be kidding me"I was WIGGING OUT!I mean,you don't understand! I was jumping in and out of my seat cheering him on and laughing at the same time! I caused a SCENE! Other people in the theatre must of been like "what the hells wrong with that kid?" I didn't care though!Bond was back in action.And I'm a dork! what did they expect? blink.gif

Well now that Pierce retired his Walther ppk,I don't have much hope for the bond series.I don't know.I heard so many rumors about who the next bond will be.Mel Gibsons name even came up a few times.Hes a good actor but give me a break.And some of these other dudes they talked about getting,Please! "The names Bag...........douchebag."

Since I'm just blabbing away at this point,I'm just going to cut my self off now.But Pierce brosnan was truly James Bond and his work will stand right along side with the greats such as Connery and moore and he will be missed.Ok I'm out of here! smile.gif

Good Bond - Clive Owen. Yessir. George Clooney is a little too American to be a credible Bond.

Bad Bond - Ben Affleck. That would be a disaster.

Another idea which I haven't seen before but is out there now, is the idea of a James Bond who is not caucasian. Colin Salmon has been suggested. Do you guys think this is ridiculous or a good idea?

Hey, Rupert Everett is not a half bad idea. He is kinda swishy, but if he can do action I can picture it.

And I forgot Gerard Butler! Okay, Tomb Raider and the Lost Ark is not the ultimate movie and he didn't write his name in movie history with that work - but he is a hunky piece of meat and can no doubt do an English accent if coached a little. I can imagine that!

Word on Timothy Dalton...that guy was a dope!

Ben Aflek sucks too...he can't act...just a pretty boy.

IMHO Sean Connery was the best James Bond...followed closely by Pierce Bronson....Bron's only problem was that he was tied to a dumbazz TV contract and couldn't do bond until he was up there in age....they fell back on Dalton instead.

Word on Timothy Dalton...that guy was a dope!

Ben Aflek sucks too...he can't act...just a pretty boy.

IMHO Sean Connery was the best James Bond...followed closely by Pierce Bronson....Bron's only problem was that he was tied to a dumbazz TV contract and couldn't do bond until he was up there in age....they fell back on Dalton instead.

Yeah I think I read somewhere that Brosnan was supposed to be in A view to a kill but couldn't because of the remington Steele contract.

...followed closely by Pierce Bronson....Bron's only problem was that he was tied to a dumbazz TV contract and couldn't do bond until he was up there in age....they fell back on Dalton instead.

13696[/snapback]

FYI I just tried to do a quick Photoshop of the top of Charles Bronson's face with lower half of Pierce Brosnan's face. The result was too scary to continue working on... tongue.gif

(looked a bit like one of the Star Wars aliens...)

Sonic Goo,Aug 30 2005, 03:46 PM]FYI I just tried to do a quick Photoshop of the top of Charles Bronson's face with lower half of Pierce Brosnan's face. The result was too scary to continue working on...  tongue.gif

(looked a bit like one of the Star Wars aliens...)

13705[/snapback]

LOL! Charles Bronson sucks! Remember Deathwish?I think he made like 53 sequels to that movie.He was one pissed off architect!

agreed sean connery was the best one...

and peirce was a great one, but i think sometimes, was it just cuz he had cooler gadgets? and b/c he was during a time when movies could do more...

a guy that could play a james bond if he grew out his hair...maybe, is that dude from "The Tansporter"...i mean, he does have the accent, and is in some good action movies...he just has the "bad boy" image right now, but with a little cleanin up, he might be a nice bond...

Jason Statham

user posted image

like i said, he has to grow out his hair and shave...

but its viable isnt it?

or is it just me?

some1 plz tell me they can see it too...a little?

yah, he isnt an amazing actor or anything, but i mean, a lil training, and a razor, and i think he can play bond...

i just needed ur aproval RXS tongue.gif

now that i know sum1 at least can see it, and i know im not 100% crazy, i feel much better tongue.gif