Eliteone

Changes at UHQ

12 posts in this topic

In the next day or so we will be downsizing to 1 NOLF, 1 NOLF2 and 1 part time Contract Jack server as we have fallen short once again on the donation goals.

Why? 

We have failed to meet the donation goal to keep the existing servers going. This has resulted in me having to cover the shortages recently. It is not fair that I have to plead with people to pitch in.
A big thanks to the couple that have stepped up to help me in reducing the amount of the shortages.

What does this mean for everyone?

We get what we pay for.   I have found a relatively inexpensive solution to keep some servers up, This however comes at a "cost" 
So I will say if people complain about the servers we have going forward you only have yourselves to blame. If everyone in this community stepped up more often to help out with the costs the servers as is would stay up indefinitely. However that isn't reality. 

As I find even my own free time harder to come by this is the best solution I could come up with.

It will take more community involvement before we can look at expanding our game server options in the future.

Eliteone.

PS: We still need community involvement to keep the site, downloads and the servers we have left going click below to be a contributing part of the UHQ Community.

• Like 1

Very understandable. This community should be thankful of all your patience over the years.

:fit: This community wouldn't be here today most likely without your dedication to it.

Hey there :D In what country electricity has the lowers price?

Thank you for all the efforts at keeping the game servers up and running. It's definitely a passion to spend the time on a game this old and (honestly) obscure these days. I went ahead and used the PitchIn widget and contributed a small amount to help keep the webserver up and the bandwidth downloads going.

Thank you for all the efforts at keeping the game servers up and running. It's definitely a passion to spend the time on a game this old and (honestly) obscure these days. I went ahead and used the PitchIn widget and contributed a small amount to help keep the webserver up and the bandwidth downloads going.

:fit:

Since it was brought up in another thread on this subject. Yes I have been covering the goal shortages. That being said it is not something that I intend to do indefinitely so if more don't step up soon things may change even more than the previous downsizing.

It's up to all of you who use the site and servers to decide if the community has any value to you to be able to pitch in a little bit for it's continued existence.

Since we are once again on course to miss the goal to keep things going as is I am looking into "downsizing" and or possibly closing shop here.

I have grown weary of having to beg for people to pitch in month after month.

If it doesn't pick up soon expect changes on the horizon.

I would hate to see what remains of the Nolf community lose all the knowledge here. Would dropping the game servers and/or the downloads section reduce the costs (and your headaches) enough to keep the site up?

I would hate to see what remains of the Nolf community lose all the knowledge here. Would dropping the game servers and/or the downloads section reduce the costs (and your headaches) enough to keep the site up?

The hosting and domain are the largest expenses here presently. Problem is only a few of us are pitching in for it consistently. People gladly come grabs downloads etc and doesn't seem to matter to pitch in for the benefits.

It's awesome that Fortrandragon and Larry have made contributions once again :fit: . They however did not, nor do I expect them to, cover the goal.

We shall see if anyone else deems it worthy enough of giving up a coffee to contribute something.

Thanks for pitching in Bitchcraft and "MOM" :fit: