UnityHQ Weekend!

Belladonna

UnityHQ is having their very first weekend event and YOU are invited! w00t.gif

WHO: UnityHQ Members

WHAT: Assorted maps, custom and regular

WHEN: Friday, August 26th - Sunday, August 28

WHERE: UnityHQ TDM Server

WHY: Because it's a fun thing to do, duh!

The game is TDM. That's right, the one that no one ever plays enough but can be a lot of fun. I need to know what maps you'd like to play, so post away and a final list will be provided a few days before the event.

The server will be passworded, but it will be posted in our forums for all to see.

No worries if you can't make this event, we're going to have more like this on a regular basis. biggrin.gif

So what maps would you like to play in TDM? Volkov's Lair? Just kidding! lol! laugh.gif

I'd like to see 'Snowed In' and 'Peril in Poland' among a few others.

TDM can play most DM and DD maps.

Keep in mind you don't want it too large or too small for TDM. If I had my way, I'd play Wiky's Tournament map (the real small one with just shotguns and grenades), but that would be totally insane with a bunch of people. My kind of insane, though!! laugh.gif

Guest Doffy90

also that map where we can turn off/on gravity would be cool ^^ dunno what the name is tho

edit: this will be so cool, I remember the old days when tgf had these weekends and it was a lot of fun biggrin.gif

Doffy- It's called leaving Los Alamos.

Peril in Poland is tight for 8v8.

Brutal in Brussels is very good, but is also probably the most played "new" map, and maybe would should try a new one.

Slaughter in SLovenia, is prob a real good one to start off with.

Glad to know you liked them, Doffy. I organized those and eliteone provided the servers, so it's good to know someone enjoyed our efforts back then. biggrin.gif

On the maps... I agree, Brussels has been played much more than the others and I'd like to see a few different maps, but maybe it can be fit in.

These maps are locked in:

Slaughter in Slovenia

Spacestation

Leaving Los Alamos

Richie dated Shirley once from 'Laverne and Shirley'. biggrin.gif

Now back to the event. I've been going through all the custom maps and I've found a few that should be a lot of fun for everyone. I think I'll wait and surprise people with a couple just to build the suspense. I am adding 'War in Wizenthrick', which will have to be downloaded separately from the Mappack, but it's worth the hassle because it's a fun and funky looking map.

Right now the maps stand at:

War in Wizenthrick

Leaving Los Alamos

Slaughter in Slovenia

The Spacestation

and three suprise maps.

AH YEAH, WiW is a really good map. Sgt Pepper did a really good job with this one. I mean, as usual, of course laugh.gif

It's about time to play custom maps again, people! biggrin.gif

The UnityHQ TDM server will be locked, the password will be posted and it will be first come, first serve.

BTW, start downloading the custom maps if you haven't already!

Go to www.unityhq.net > downloads > NOLF2 section and get:

- NOLF2 Custom Map Pack v.1.03

- War in Wizenthrick

After unzipping place the map file into this folder:

Fox\No One Lives Forever 2\Custom\Resources

You can only have five custom map/mappacks in this folder at once. Any more and you'll get an error message when trying to play.

You can only have five custom map/mappacks in this folder at once. Any more and you'll get an error message when trying to play.

12551[/snapback]

I know it's not really important, but if I remember well, the maximum number of files (maps and mappacks) in the folder is 7.

If I'm wrong, I'm really gonna look stupid. Bah, I'm used to it. laugh.gif

maps that dont get a lot of playing time are ones like...

Terror in Tokyo, MORE Violence in the Villa smile.gif

those r my votes for maps to play...

o, and of course, throw antarctica and calcutta in the mix smile.gif