It's almost impossible not to laugh when you see this guy snipe someone with a flute in Warzone

UHQBot

rssImage-49b17a80de633f9d73095dc1b1784ed0.png

Everyone loves it when people control games with weird things. I've got a soft spot for instrument-based control schemes, and streamer DeanoBeano has delivered: Deano gets a sniper kill in Call of Duty: Warzone using a recorder, one of those plastic flutes people give kids as their first instrument. You've heard of a first person shooter, now here's a first person dooter.

In the clip, Deano uses the recorder to jerkily zero in on an enemy as they spin, flip, bunny hop, and turn from cover to cover, playing tones to adjust his aim. Suddenly, his target breaks into a sprint. Deano moves the crosshair to lead them and then...

Doot! It's a kill!

It doesn't matter that I knew what was going to happen. This is a clip that made me laugh so hard I woke up my dog, who burst off the couch and started barking madly and would not stop for about five minutes. I'm sure he figured I was also barking at some enemy he could not see. Good dog.

How's it done? It's pretty simple. The notes he's playing are picked up using a mic, and a program translates those sounds into a keyboard input. It's the same kind of magic someone else used to play Elden Ring with a harp.

DeanoBeano streams over on Twitch and maintains a YouTube channel. He's no stranger to playing with weird controllers. He's got clips of playing with the weird controller classics, like the Donkey Conga bongos and the  Guitar Hero guitar, as well as more exciting devices: Allow me to direct your attention to this man playing Jak and Daxter with a whole entire drumkit.

View the full article