Are you still alive?

Moody

Hello there been many many years since i was here Maybe some remember me. Are you still playing this amazing game?? Would be awesome to hear about it after all these years...ohh how i miss the good old days with the clans and the matches and all the people many of us became like a little family! :))

Hope to hear from someone out there!!

Greetings,  Moody

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/1/2021 at 12:17 PM, Moody said:

Hello there been many many years since i was here Maybe some remember me. Are you still playing this amazing game?? Would be awesome to hear about it after all these years...ohh how i miss the good old days with the clans and the matches and all the people many of us became like a little family! :))

Greetings,  Moody

Not much time to play these days. I still keep this site going however. Does that count? :P 

On 10/12/2021 at 8:10 PM, Eliteone said:

Not much time to play these days. I still keep this site going however. Does that count? :P 

Im impressed that you keep it going even though not many people seem to be around. Good job??

On 10/14/2021 at 8:23 PM, Jill Valentine said:

Hiya Moody. Yes those were wonderful times when the servers were full of people, and you always found someone to play with. So many good memories playing Nolf 2.

Jill i remember you? you were a great player wish it was possible to play one more game with the old crew? jeez how many years has it been? Feeling old....i started playing when i was around 20 years old now im almost 40 time really fly...

On 10/12/2021 at 9:37 PM, Larry said:

Wow...judging by your posts 3,866 you were not just a passerby, you had some time invested here ?

Yes i was around ALOT lol..made some good friends through this game unfortunately some are gone and lost contact to...good times back in the days ?

• 2 weeks later...

I wonder how many are like me -- though I started after the peak times of the games -- and mostly lurk due to real life issues. It also doesn't help that it isn't console-simple to get the games running again. The mess with the rights really holds back a nostalgia re-release for modern systems. :sigh:

• Like 1

On 11/1/2021 at 12:00 PM, FortranDragon said:

I wonder how many are like me -- though I started after the peak times of the games -- and mostly lurk due to real life issues.

I also sort of missed the peak of these games, at least for multiplayer. I may have gotten to play a little NOLF 1 multiplayer during the peak, but I wasn't into multiplayer much back then. It didn't help that these games didn't have a patching feature built into them and you needed the latest patch. By the time I played NOLF 2 or at least when I wanted to play multiplayer, the master server had shut down. At some point I found these fan made servers, but I was lucky if I could find another player or few online. By then I couldn't really find anyone online in NOLF 1 either.

While a re-release of a game this niche might not get a huge amount of attention with all the other newer games these days, it should still help with getting more players online, at least in the short term. But of course, we might have to buy the game again and meet new system requirements.

3 hours ago, bullit447 said:

hi moody i do come back and check the forums now and again i remember you. I was known as A.bullit i was in ST SFI BAB clans i would love to play again but without the propper servers i cant see it being like old times 

We run a NOLF 1, NOLF 2 and a Contract Jack server still. 

On 10/1/2021 at 10:17 PM, Moody said:

Greetings,  Moody

Hello everyone, hey, Moody.  Are YOU still alive? I remember you from the time when Nolf 2 didn't even exist. We used to play some early version of Nolf 1 together and used to play it A LOT. If i recall correctly, you hosted a modded nolf1 server with "heavy weapons" plugin or something like that - it was a lot of fun. Guess i used name Hitman back then, i was like what, 11? So, for me you were sort of a mentor figure and an english teacher (and a bit of swedish). Also, you could very well be my first frag on this game, lol.

Yea, it was a lifetime ago, so i doubt that you remember me, especially since you switched to nolf2 while i kept playing nolf1. Still, it's unbelievable that i got to meet you again after 20 years. It's a pure accident that i saw you here, though. Had a random nostalgic flashback recently, so i decided to give modernized nolf a try. While browsing multiplayer related stuff i accidentally stumbled upon your forum post and noticed a familiar name. And then my little flashback turned into a freakin nuclear blast from the past.

Anyways, it's good to see you again. And I can't thank all of you people enough for keeping community and servers alive. Reliving childhood memories is priceless. Welp,  maintenance defo has a price tho...

Edited by HlTMAN

• 2 weeks later...

Despite no one living forever - I'm still alive.
Nolf IP should be an academic case study in paradigms regarding culturally significant rights squandering and lost potential revenue.
In retrospect to these masterpieces, the only thing keeping the first one from perfection was the unforgiving stealth mechanic that made most first playthroughs an action game a majority of the time. Even a straight vanilla OTB experience re-release on modern hardware could hold its own with the current crop of offerings.
Nolfs and Shogo were always my favorite lithtech engine multiplayers from monolith.
Stay Moody.
(Cate's vinyl collection, probably)

Edited by HampsterStyle