NOLF 1 blackscreen on main menu

Hello everyone, first post here o/

So I grabbed NOLF1 from Unity HQ's download section (No One Lives Forever GOTY.zip) and installed in C/Games/NOLF on Win10 64bit and also installed the modernizer by following the instructions given on the page. I can open up the launcher without trouble and start the game, however once I do the screen goes black and I can hear the intro videos playing+main menu music and the sounds of hitting the different options in the main menu. If I alt tab the game it will crash.

Is there something I forgot to change or install? 

This thread can be closed.

---

I messed around a bit and figured it out. I use a AMD card, so I used dgvoodoo and set my resolution to the default settings in the NOLF launcher, now it runs as smooth as butter.

Such a blast to play this classic again after all these years!

On 8/16/2021 at 7:25 PM, Wokkun said:

This thread can be closed.

---

I messed around a bit and figured it out. I use a AMD card, so I used dgvoodoo and set my resolution to the default settings in the NOLF launcher, now it runs as smooth as butter.

Such a blast to play this classic again after all these years!

Good to hear that you got it working.. We also play online every Saturday (and sometimes Sunday) at 3pm EST / 21.00 GMT (ish)