Help with mod creation.

Hello, me again :')

I was wondering how on earth I create a mod for NOLF 1, I have NOLFTools but I'm unsure what to do after that. Any help at all would be very much appreciated. Again, i apologise if this isn't in the right place. 

Thank you in advance!~

You install the tools, then when it asks you if you wanna upack the game. A folder named NOLF will be created in your game directory and the whole game will unpack itself there.  These files are normally packed into rez files (pretty much like a zip file.. only without compression at all)

You also get a folder called Tools that contains the program "Dedit" wihich is used for level building.  (and other software for models, packing levels etc)

Tutorial here

What kind of mod do you thinki about? Singleplayer levels?

* Windows 10 may screw up the unpacking of the game though and even the installation itself. If that happens, copy the tools folder into your nolf folder and unpack by running the unrez.bat

55 minutes ago, Spawn said:

You install the tools, then when it asks you if you wanna upack the game. A folder named NOLF will be created in your game directory and the whole game will unpack itself there.  These files are normally packed into rez files (pretty much like a zip file.. only without compression at all)

You also get a folder called Tools that contains the program "Dedit" wihich is used for level building.  (and other software for models, packing levels etc)

Tutorial here

What kind of mod do you thinki about? Singleplayer levels?

* Windows 10 may screw up the unpacking of the game though and even the installation itself. If that happens, copy the tools folder into your nolf folder and unpack by running the unrez.bat

Thank you! Got that all up and running, thank you for the tutorial! 

I wanted to just mess around for a little while to see if i can come up with something good :') 

I did, however, enocounter a problem. Once i try to load my .rez file from the DEdit, it comes up with an error message that says "error copying file cshell.dll."

why cant i just have a day where i dont have a problem with these games 😢

4 minutes ago, MizzArcher92 said:

Thank you! Got that all up and running, thank you for the tutorial! 

I wanted to just mess around for a little while to see if i can come up with something good :') 

I did, however, enocounter a problem. Once i try to load my .rez file from the DEdit, it comes up with an error message that says "error copying file cshell.dll."

why cant i just have a day where i dont have a problem with these games 😢

I also have no idea how to use the .ABC files *sigh* 😢

Did you open the NOLF.DEP project?

ABC files can be imported into software such as 3D studio Max, Blender etc.

2 minutes ago, Spawn said:

Did you open the NOLF.DEP project?

ABC files can be imported into software such as 3D studio Max, Blender etc.

Sure did, followed everything on the tutorial to the T. It's a downloaded version of the game, no disks. 

You also set the paths correctly in dedit's options?

Cshell.dll may not have been unpacked with the rest. it should be located in the unpacked NOLF folder

23 minutes ago, Spawn said:

You also set the paths correctly in dedit's options?

Cshell.dll may not have been unpacked with the rest. it should be located in the unpacked NOLF folder

The .dll file is not in the Tools folder. 

Screenshot (1).png

Screenshot (2).png

Edited by MizzArcher92
spelling error

Oh poo, its saying this now. *shrug* I should maybe try this again when I'm not tired... 

Screenshot (3).png

It might be the wrong version cshell.dll.. I'd try unpacking the resources again by running unrez.bat. The unpack process may have skipped the update rez files.