Custom Option Missing? (Disk Installation)

MizzArcher92

Hey all!

Just reinstalled NOLF 2 as I got a new laptop and the custom option isn't appearing when I load the game to play. Does anybody have a fix for this please? 

Its Windows 10 with an Intel Core 13 processor. (I suck at computers so I'm not sure what else to put here :') )

Also, I'm sorry if this isn't in the correct place.

Thank you in advance! 

It could very well be that you need to create a folder named custom in the nolf2 base folder.

Also, inside this folder there should be 2 additional folders named "Mods" and "Resources"

- Anything that modifies the already existing contents of the game should go in MODS

So the correct structure would be "NOLF2 GAME FOLDER\Custom\Mods\Modname\Modname.rez"

- A extra resource for the game, such as a map pack would go into RESOURCES

The correct structure here is a little different and would be "NOLF2 GAME FOLDER\Custom\Resources\Mappack.rez"

Hope this will help you sort this out :)

4 hours ago, Spawn said:

It could very well be that you need to create a folder named custom in the nolf2 base folder.

Also, inside this folder there should be 2 additional folders named "Mods" and "Resources"

- Anything that modifies the already existing contents of the game should go in MODS

So the correct structure would be "NOLF2 GAME FOLDER\Custom\Mods\Modname\Modname.rez"

- A extra resource for the game, such as a map pack would go into RESOURCES

The correct structure here is a little different and would be "NOLF2 GAME FOLDER\Custom\Resources\Mappack.rez"

Hope this will help you sort this out :)

Hello! Thank you so much for your reply!

I already had the custom folder, I even deleted it and readded it and the two other folders just in case to no avail. 

I can't think what the problem could be. It worked perfectly fine before hand. I downloaded the 1.3 update just to be sure and it wasn't that either. 

Very frustrating >_<

3 hours ago, MizzArcher92 said:

Hello! Thank you so much for your reply!

I already had the custom folder, I even deleted it and readded it and the two other folders just in case to no avail. 

I can't think what the problem could be. It worked perfectly fine before hand. I downloaded the 1.3 update just to be sure and it wasn't that either. 

Very frustrating >_<

Did you install from the original media or? 

18 hours ago, Spawn said:

I am wondering if "Installdir" in the registry key is screwed up for some reason.. Then again, you can see a "play" button instead of "install" right?

Yeah, its fully installed, i can play the game but theres no custom button under the play button. :(

14 hours ago, Spawn said:

Weird.. Have you tried another copy of the launcher itself? is it a different language than english?

Here's a copy of a working original nolf2.exe you can try..

https://www.spawnsite.net/downloads/?page=download&file=NOLF2&ext=zip

Thank you so much for all your help!

My copy is in English yeah, and thank you for the link! This one has the custom option for me! ❤️

Glad it worked out :)

Sounds like update 1.3 may have failed, not sure if the custom button were added before that update. Do you have the file "Update_v1x3.rez" in your game folder?

21 hours ago, Spawn said:

Glad it worked out :)

Sounds like update 1.3 may have failed, not sure if the custom button were added before that update. Do you have the file "Update_v1x3.rez" in your game folder?

Yeah its there. I've reinstalled it several times and its still not having it :')