Welcome ClementXVII

Hello ClementXVII,

Welcome to UnityHQ Nolfseries Community. Please feel free to browse around and get to know the others. If you have any questions please don't hesitate to ask.

ClementXVII joined on the 05/09/2020.

View Member

Hello,

I just want to post my experience of joining this forum.

I'm a longtime NOLF and NOLF2 player and recently I moved to a new PC, wanting to install the game again. Since my new PC doesn't have a disc drive, I found out that you had released a NoCD patch.

I found the process really cumbersome (then again, this might be in order to comply with UnityHQ regulations and who am I to argue?

1. In order to download, that file I have to make an account. Okay, that surprised me but I went through the process. I found the process really cumbersome (then again, this might be in order to comply with UnityHQ regulations and who am I to argue?
  2. First of all, my usual username is ClémentXVII. So I filled in all the data, clicked the "I'm not a robot", answered the random security question and...
  3. A message under my username told me "This value is not allowed". So I guessed this has to do with accentuated characters. I change this to ClementXVII, click the "I'm not a robot" and...
  4. "Your answer to the security question is not valid". Oh! When I put a UnityHQ-compliant username, they changed the security question! I'm sure you only want top-notch spies in here! So, I try again, click the "I'm not a robot" and...
  5. New question "What falls from the sky when it rains?". I answer "rain". Not accepted. Huh?
  6. Click "I'm not a robot", successfully answer the new security question and...
  7. Please validate your email address. Okay, I've seen that before...
  8. To protect the security of your account, please install Google Authenticator and scan this QR code... WHAT???
  9. So, installed Google Authenticator, scanned the QR code and... I'm finally in!

I find this process cumbersome and frustrating to get to the download of the file... and wanted to share my User eXperience with you. My preferences are not community-oriented, so I'm not sure I will spend loads of time on this forum.

I would like to clarify that the message above only shares my experience of a visitor trying to download a file on this site.

I *do* want to extend my thanks and appreciation to all of the UnityHQ members who, unlike me, are quite community-oriented and keep the memory of this game (and the ability to play it on modern systems!) alive.

Thank you.

ClémentXVII