Jump to content

Letter spacing issues and cutscene letter boxing


Recommended Posts

Hello forum!

Does anyone know of a way to fix the letter spacing issues that result from running the game using dgvoodoo?

Also, I noticed that some of the screen effects like the cutscene letterboxing, fade in transitions and sniper scope only work on 4:3 ratios--which is to be expected--but might a mod be possible to create widescreen versions of those assets?

Link to post
Share on other sites

Have you tried running Modernizer 1.006? There is a fix for scope and widescreen support there. (not camera yet)

You most likely don't have to run dgvoodoo solution. This fixes some things but mess up other things such as shadows.

There is a built-in 'intel graphics' fix in the update.

https://heythere.coffee/nolf/

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 2 weeks later...
On 4/20/2020 at 2:38 PM, Spawn said:

Have you tried running Modernizer 1.006? There is a fix for scope and widescreen support there. (not camera yet)

You most likely don't have to run dgvoodoo solution. This fixes some things but mess up other things such as shadows.

There is a built-in 'intel graphics' fix in the update.

https://heythere.coffee/nolf/

I have found that I must run DgVoodoo to get around the fact that I have a dell laptop(Dell G7 17 7790) that uses integrated graphics switching, so for some reason it causes the game to crash no matter what else I do--it so happens I am running modernizer, but not a recent version of it I don't think.

I think there is some strange goings on with how the optimus implementation for dell works--something to do with how it uses the integrated graphics as the display interface no matter which processor is in use--the intel or the nvidia processor.

Link to post
Share on other sites

My alienware uses the same thing, I'll test if I can get nolf  running on that computer.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Sorry for the late reply, I was able to run all versions of nolf no matter what display adaper I chose. My computer is older than yours though.  This could be something worth mentioning to Hey Jake if you can't get it to work.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Spawn said:

Sorry for the late reply, I was able to run all versions of nolf no matter what display adaper I chose. My computer is older than yours though.  This could be something worth mentioning to Hey Jake if you can't get it to work.

No problem at all! I certainly understand.
There are many little eccentricities to drivers, hardware and all the interactions in between, so it might be one of those strange little unsolvable things. For what it is worth, I used to be able to get NOLF running just fine on my former alienware also and it had optimus too, so it might just be the specific computer being a bother.

It happens that I am building myself a proper desktop, so I will report back when I am able with results from that rig.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 5 months later...
On 5/4/2020 at 7:42 PM, SolidHaf said:

No problem at all! I certainly understand.
There are many little eccentricities to drivers, hardware and all the interactions in between, so it might be one of those strange little unsolvable things. For what it is worth, I used to be able to get NOLF running just fine on my former alienware also and it had optimus too, so it might just be the specific computer being a bother.

It happens that I am building myself a proper desktop, so I will report back when I am able with results from that rig.

Pardon the delay, I built my new desktop and NOLF 1 works splendidly, only the strange spacing issue remained but it was much diminished and not at all noticeable.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Cool! I'll mention the letter spacing to mr modernizer. He is still working on ironing out some bugs :) Btw!  We play online saturdays and some sundays 3pm EST (ish)

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Guidelines Privacy Policy.