-eGo- ItsMe

How to Add Qtracker Gamespy servers for NOLF1 server list.

12 posts in this topic

As many will of probably noticed the nolf 1 master server has finally been unplugged :(

Here is a post from *Djamba which explain a simple way to get the nolf servers back by just editing one file -

"open a text editor ( run as administrator or you wont be able to save changes !) and add these two lines as shown on the picture to your hosts file (on windows 7 you can find it at: windows/system32/drivers/etc make sure you can see all files ( *.* - not only txt) ). this will make nolf use qtracker as masterserver and you will still be able to see the server list from within the game. You probably have to reboot the pc - not sure about this."

1800013_819462018085185_3069639644486948

LINK to pic

Thanks to *Djamba for posting that for people just thought I'd add it here for people too

Here is the text you need to enter into the file so you can just copy and paste -

65.112.87.186 master.gamespy.com #nolf server
65.112.87.186 master0.gamespy.com #nolf server
Happy Nolfing folks.
-|eGo|ItsMe

hello :)
since there has been some confusion i want to add - you need to run the application as admin ( right-click on 'notepad' or whatever editor you prefer and choose "run as administrator" ) - it is not about logging into windows as administrator.

also this method is only needed if you want to browse the server list from within the game - just installing qtracker will also do the job.

Edited by Djamba

You can also download the NOLF Multi-Player launch URA made from our downloads.

I've added all the know NOLF servers to the UHQ master server and they will display in URA's launcher.

i have tried that - but for some reason it doesnt launch the game for me. when i try to join a server just nothing happens.

i have tried that - but for some reason it doesnt launch the game for me. when i try to join a server just nothing happens.

Odd I'm using it with Windows 8.1 without any issues (I have the GOTY NOLF though)

Pinned this topic so others can find this excellent how to.

Found a HOST file editor that you can download from HERE

Thanks, it works really well! :)

Sadly, a lot of players will never find this forum or understand how to edit this host file. Drastically reduced userbase :( I miss the good old times.

Pinned this topic so others can find this excellent how to.

Found a HOST file editor that you can download from HERE

That's why I posted this link. It edits the file for you etc.

A "new" way to join a NOLF server: via my Nolf Status page. I have just added the possibility to join by clicking the server icon. All customizations are considered (REZ files to load). No need to edit hosts file. No need to leave CD in drive. No need to use no-cd crack. You need to "prepare" your computer first, which is easy and explained in the How to Join tutorial.

• Like 1