Invalid Shell Dll problem again :)

Sorry for posting about this again but it seems my problem is a bit more peculiar than what I've seen others with the same problem has experienced before. NOLF 2 won't run at all at first. It looks like it's loading and then stops .Another person recommended to run the compatibility in Windows 2000 while I only got it to load the small menu screen when I run compatibility to Windows 98. When I try to go for Highest Detail(graphics) it loads and then stops again. I had to run it in Medium Detail and it seemed it was going to work when I got the dreaded Invalid Shell Dll message. Is there anyway to work around this?I've tried just about everything from the other threads and nothing is working.

Edit:My PC is using Windows 7.

Edited by Baldmonk

On 1/5/2020 at 6:48 PM, Baldmonk said:

NOLF 2 won't run at all at first. It looks like it's loading and then stops .

Edit:My PC is using Windows 7.

If you are using Windows 7, then open the folder with the installed game and rename the file NOLF2.exe to NOLF2_1.exe
Then create a shortcut for NOLF2_1.exe and start the game from this shortcut, in compatibility mode with Windows XP
Read here.

Edited by orion98
  • reaction_title_2 1

On 1/7/2020 at 4:26 PM, orion98 said:

If you are using Windows 7, then open the folder with the installed game and rename the file NOLF2.exe to NOLF2_1.exe
Then create a shortcut for NOLF2_1.exe and start the game from this shortcut, in compatibility mode with Windows XP
Read here.

Thanks. It really worked when I followed your advice. Just another thing, how come the game keeps on crashing back to Desktop?

21 hours ago, Baldmonk said:

Thanks. It really worked when I followed your advice. Just another thing, how come the game keeps on crashing back to Desktop?

read paragraph 9 in this post

https://nolfgirl.net/Unityhq/forums/topic/9492-nolf2-installation-and-upgrade-no-cd-game-settings-error-correction/