Disgusted with What I Read in TGF

You guys don't realize though the server.txt file on the dedicated server is what sets the parameters you react at. it doesn't acknowledge settings outside those boundaries.

If you persist on promoting this will won't be playing on the servers much longer.

So I'd drop it for the good of everybody

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

moody, i personally have nothing against you, but come on, give me a break. first you accuse him of using the wall-hack, aim-bot, everything thats out there. and when someone shoots down that theory, you pop out with this changing the leaning degree.

Da Nile ain't just a river in egypt, buddy.

9033[/snapback]

Sorry but i need to clear this up with Blue..First of all! Where did you read that i called Lod wallhacker, using aimbots and everything thats out there??Please stick to the facts and dont make things sound wrong..This got ridicolous long ago so i wont post in this thread now i think, unless theres something worth to reply to tongue.gif

This leaning degree was what i meant all the time, if you would take time reading through the posts you would have saved a lot of energy..I am not american like you so my english doesnt make sence sometime, im aware of that, hopefully you understand some of it atleast.

e1, i didnt really get what u said, but from what i got,

u will shut down the servers if this nonsence persists...

and was the other thing that u cant make sumthin to prevent the lean angle?...

9066[/snapback]

no those of you who want to promote it won't be playing in the servers so like I said drop it this is the kinda of rubbish that makes people want to quit playing and we don't need it PERIOD.

the reason why i believe you accused an SFI member of using the wallhack is because...

Word skizzor WORD...People doesnt leave nolf because of the accusers, but for the cheaters....And Bella..I know for a fact that this is a cheat, just look at the picture..Dont close your eyes just because he's an SFI..Sometimes i am standing in a room where theres no way in hell he can see me and there comes a grenade in there...BOOM Killed by *******! Well this pic helps me now...Now i understand some things more clear..Im not saying he uses all cheats there is but on that pic he does cheat! And he had some really weird kills on me too just like skizzor said..Impossible kills i would say..

And please, dont say the word excellent player hahah..People like Azz,AE,Foxsy,Sly,skizzor..that is excellent players...Not some rocketnoob named  *******who even needs to hack....Just face it

so does he just peek around a corner with his extreme leaning, wait for you to show, and then charge in with a nade? does he also peek around with a rocketlauncher sticking out the side? all of your accusations seem to me that you were accusing him of using the wallhack since he could know where you were all of the time. if someone were able to infiltrate your base, you think they'd take the time to crouch and lean at every door entrance? just by reading this one post alone, it seemed like you were accusing him of using the wallhack.

one more thing, quit whining about rockets and or phos. they are there to be used. people could bring up complaints about how you rack up kills. hiding in the stairs of calcutta, etc.

Well, i guess this turned out to be some personal attack too biggrin.gif I said WORD SKIZZOR WORD because people doesnt leave nolf cause of the accusers but for the cheaters, i never mentioned names DOH.

And the last part was a bit overreacting, yes..And i only say rocketnoob for fun, like many others does, and i dont care what u call me, go ahead, i wont run to mommy crying.

Call me noob or whatever u like lol..

moody, people have accused you of cheating. let me ask you now what is the difference between you and the person you accuse of cheating. some stupid phony screen shot? is that the best you've got. if thats the case, then you've got nothing but speculation. as people have pointed out, the graphics in nolf 2 aren't complete perfection. the view from 1st person and that of 3rd person aren't exact matches. as skizzor already went ahead and did, he ran his own server and re-enacted the so-called scene of the crime. he took the picture in 3rd person and from that view it seemed as if he would be shooting through the wall.

and no, people do leave because of the accusers. need i remind you the infamous " WTF EVER CHEATER !!11!!." that ticked off a lot of people and ended up in his own ban. when it gets to be excessive, these unsubstantiated accusation piss people off.

before this gets carried further...maybe closing topic would work?

9079[/snapback]

im sticking with the topic at hand. its about people accusing people with no evidence. all they have is a little inkling and it blows up into these flame wars and he said/she said. all of it is so childish.

i feel i must defend the integrity of this player.

Yes, people do indeed leave NOLF after being accused of cheating. There is only so much an innocent person is willing to tolerate while doing something that is supposed to be 'fun'. I've been called a cheater a couple of times and I didn't like it because I've never once cheated in NOLF and naively assumed people knew I wouldn't do such a thing. On the other hand, I was also pretty proud to be called a cheater because it meant I didn't totally suck.

People also leave because of the cheaters ruining things. No one enjoys getting slaughtered by unseen players who are in places they shouldn't be.

The simple truth is players leave when the game just isn't enjoyable for them... that can be from poor attitudes, poor sportsmanship, false accusations, cheaters, good players beating on new ones, constant server issues, lag, even something as small as spawn tagging. We have to work on trying to enjoy the game instead of concentrating on our petty disagreements or dislikes with individuals.

Even though there has been tons of drama in this one topic, I think it's helped quite a few of us to think things through a little more than we usually do. We're pretty much all that is left of NOLF2 right now. If we start having more fun, everyone else who joins the game will too, which will eventually lead to more people staying around and playing instead of them leaving to avoid us 'crazies'. wink.gif

alright blue, u gotta think sum things through bud...

what moody has...works...so u can defend anyone as much as u want, and its good u stand up for ur clan, but man, get some background info on what ur standin up for first wink.gif

i feel differently than u do about the cheating thingy bella...

i have only been called a cheater in nolf2 two times...and i felt amazing, since i know i do not cheat, it made me actually feel good for once tongue.gif

if u r called a cheater and have a problem with it, then maybe, just maybe, something is wrong with u, i know that ppl could call me a cheater 24/7 and i wouldnt care, that would let me know i was good, especially cuz i know i dont cheat...but when u get all defencive and CRAZY about stuff, it changes the way ppl think, there r a few ways to handle situations like being called a cheater, and i just dont feel the man u r representing handled it too well blue...but that has all been talked about and handled, so thats over with wink.gif

hope everyone has a very enjoyable time nolfin smile.gif

cuz thats what e1 and bella live to do...make nolf enjoyable for u guys...

dont kill it;)

alright blue, u gotta think sum things through bud...

what moody has...works...so u can defend anyone as much as u want, and its good u stand up for ur clan, but man, get some background info on what ur standin up for first wink.gif

wtf. what moody has works? ok, then theoretically, every cheats! that works too. i've got the wall hack, you've got the wall hack, moody's got the wallhack, bella and e1 have the wall hack. its all a *possibility* its also a possibility that AE, azz, sly, foxsy, moody all increase the leaning degree as well, since they lean so well then too, i suppose.

if u r called a cheater and have a problem with it, then maybe, just maybe, something is wrong with u, i know that ppl could call me a cheater 24/7 and i wouldnt care, that would let me know i was good, especially cuz i know i dont cheat...but when u get all defencive and CRAZY about stuff, it changes the way ppl think, there r a few ways to handle situations like being called a cheater, and i just dont feel the man u r representing handled it too well blue...but that has all been talked about and handled, so thats over with

so then i guess gomad really did cheat then huh? since crazydave was always saying WTF EVER, and i guess everyone taht didn't like reading crazydave with his WTF EVER CHEATER was also a cheater, since they didn't take it as a compliment?

the person that everyone is accusing hasn't even gotten a chance to defend himself! everyone talks smack but what about to his face.

AE gets pissed when somone calls him a cheater, Azz gets pissed when someone calls him a cheater, the list goes on buddy.

dont even.

Damn damn............I'm reading this thread again mad.gif why do I keep coming here to read this drama.......shame on me rolleyes.gif

Innocent until proven guilty

Hmmm heard that somewhere............. rolleyes.gif

Sorry guys but the evidence presented so far does not warrant accusing anyone of cheating.

Screenshots are not definitive proof that someone is cheating. Only way that could be proof if the server was able to randomly take screenshots like you can set a server up in Call of Duty and most punkbuster servers to do. Then you'd see what the player sees while they are playing.

That map you show the screenshot from has map "bugs" on that wall always has.

So like I said and others have Drop it and lets all just play the game.

DIAB...why cant everyone be like u wink.gif

9040[/snapback]

I'm just too perfect. angel.gif

Anyways, I'm gonna type up a BIG story for you all to read. Don't know if it'll help or not, but here goes...

I only got the internet a few weeks ago. Before that, I only had LAN with my brother, two sisters, and a friend. All completely sucked compared to me, except my brother was pretty good.

In almost every game we played, I won. Period. Soon enough, somehow, everyone got around to calling me a cheater, playfully. I accepted it, and used it too. So then anytime someone died, and didn't want to, it was, 'Oh you cheated!" And it was all play.

So now when I came to the internet, and got called a cheater, I didn't mind, and smiled, for I was thinking of our method of calling people cheating. We had considered it low and pathetic, and I so figured other people would too. I only got irritated when people started making things up about me, like I win because of my ping, or something like that. But it still didn't bother me that much, I just let off on the frags a bit, and they were satisfied.

My siblings and I called each other cheaters all the time, and o one minded, because we all knew that no one would cheat, and we all knew our skill levels. It was good times, no one minded being fragged by me a ton of times, it was a challenge for them. And I didn't mind overmuch not have much of a challenge.

In every game we played, we would tweak it. We didn't have to make up rules, like no spawn killing, because we all played for fun, and didn't purposely try to do this. And if someone did do it, it was fun, and everyone had a laugh.

For NOLF 2, we did no phos, to make battles last longer, more realistically feeling. For the battlefields, we made it so we couldn't plane jump. For almost every game, we took stuff away, to make it more challenging, and more fun based; for we only wanted to have fun, not get the most kills.

Then when I got the internet I though, finally! I can meet people that can finally dominate me! And yet when I came to NOLF 2, not many people really stood that much of a challenge. And I also found out that noone really followed the rules we had made. Most people use phos here, most people will plane jump in the battlefields. And everytime I say something, they would just reply with, "Its in the game, we can use it." And I'm always thinking, if there was a nuke in the game that killed everyone but me, would you be whining if I only used that?

Many people seem to want to win in games on the internet, I see ranked servers for stuff all over the place for all sorts of games. But with my background of always winning, I don't care anymore. I wanna have fun. Thus, when people spawn kill me repeatedly, don't follow guidelines of type of mode, like TDM in a DM game, or use phos, or ploane jump, I get kinda angry. They are taking advantage of the game's mistakes in my opinion, instead of taking advantage of the game by not using them.

Now, after having the internet for a little bit, I notice Vereesa, my sister, changing. She no longer tries to make the game fun for everyone. She makes it fun for herself. She uses phos, mountain climbs, plays TDM in DM, almost got banned from a server in another game for not letting noobs even get out of the first starting point. She doesn't seem to realize that the other players in the game are people, real people, who want to have fun too. She laughs like crazy when she plays, and sometimes it is scary, but most times it is just sad. She has even found a way around chat killing. She stands behind them with a gun and as soon as the bubble goes away, she kills them, and then says not to chat kill when someone chat kills her. It is truly sad.

If everyone realized that all players are people, games would be so much better. I have found myself not shooting certain people, or letting myself be shot, or purposefully walking into their banana, because they either suck and can't get one kill because everyone else dominates them, or they have so much lag they can barely move. I have always been told when we were LAN'ing by my father that because I am the oldest and most skilled, it is my responsibility to make the game fun for others. I have carried this over into the internet, for although I'm not the oldest, I am usually the most skilled, and I still make it my responsibility to make it fun for others.

All in all, a good thing to do is...

Make the game fun for everyone, not just yourself.

Don't be serious.

If someone is calling you a cheater, big deal. They obviously are annoyed at you. Lighten up a little and let them win a bit more.

Games are not meant to be the biggest winner, they are meant to have the most fun. And if you ruin everyone else's fun by being the biggest winner, you are missing the point, and deserve a ban.

Ok, that's all. Happy reading!

You're my type of guy DiaB...........I even let Littlenut kill me with a sword yesterday........he's only 5!

in fact everyone left him alone........it was quite funny really.....in the heat of battle there was mayhem and bodies everywhere......Littlenut was running around waving a sword, lookin up lookin down, bumbing into walls and things, totally oblivious to what was going on around him...... heh heh ......I lay there dead watching Littlenut.......... just cracking me up laugh.giflaugh.giflaugh.gif

Yup, go littleNUT! All he did was just stand there in base for a really long time. tongue.gif

But I agree, we do need to make NOLF a bit more fun for everyone. smile.gif

And I'm always thinking, if there was a nuke in the game that killed everyone but me, would you be whining if I only used that?
That gives me an idea... We could create a new mod for NOLF2 with such a "nuke" thingy. Ah, we could call it... wait... DOOMSDAY! And we'd call the thingy a DOOMSDAY DEVICE! laugh.gifwink.gif

- Phos n00b!

- Well that's the game

- don't place!

- no, don't

- well that's the aim of the game

I stopped whining about people using phos, I do use it myself if I see that too many people phos like hell. That's even. And if I have the opportunity to complete the DD device after a GOOD, CHALLENGING fight, I do. But you're tight on most of the points you talked about: the main objective is to have fun. And having fun without ruining other peoples' game is the best NOLFing experience.

Amazing how many people come running through the doors of unityHQ to just get a little piece of drama...this feels so familiar flirt.gif

No seriously, a little drama here and there keeps everything running - like the forums wink.gif

And I don't see any problems if there's no bad language used...

jerry.gif

1) thats what im tryin to say, and its not a wallhack by the way, thats why im sayin keep ur mouth shut till u know what ur talkin about wink.gif...all u do is modify a settin to make u lean better than other players can, and it makes u invisible to them at points in ur lean...so get background info first, thought i already told u that one wink.gif

9184[/snapback]

erm...but if you change a FILE in order to increase your leaning ability...isn't that cheating?

It's not changing settings, it's changing a file and so I would consider that cheating...but what do i know rolleyes.gif

erm...but if you change a FILE in order to increase your leaning ability...isn't that cheating?

It's not changing settings, it's changing a file and so I would consider that cheating...but what do i know rolleyes.gif

9209[/snapback]

Well, it's what you consider what 'cheating' is. I consider it cheating because it gives you an advantage others don't have. It puts others at a disadvantage and it's unfair.

*sigh* Well, I apologize, Blue. I thought Moody and Eliteone already discussed things privately. Why was the whole accusation thing brought up again?

9207[/snapback]

i've got nothing against you, jojoness. so no apologies needed.

the whole thing was brought up again because me and moody were discussing the validity of the screenshot. and what it proved or didnt prove. moody was bringing up another possibility. i said it still didn't prove anything.

spazz boy here jumped in, saying that "what moody says works". i believe it works - we weren't debating that. we were debating whether or not someone was using it. but whether or not someone uses it is near impossible to tell from a screen shot.