Disgusted with What I Read in TGF

I agree.

If people truly cared about this game there would be more servers.  SFI as well as ST need to be credited for helping keep the game alive.

Where were the TGF servers all these years?

8827[/snapback]

That's a little harsh. We appreciate NOLF plenty over at FF5. We've tried to host a servre but it's simply not possible for us. We couldn't afford to run it regularly. There's a difference between not being able to host a server and not wanting to.

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok for clarification if Angeleyes wasn't on a smear campaign then why did that private message get posted in that thread, basically Hi-jacking it?

(which was sent to get the attention of people to come talk to others (moody and nixsa) not Angeleyes)

Also why does Angeleyes constantly bring up the past. Reading alot of these posts he doesn't walk on water either, nobody does.

I also have to burst some bubbles and say it's quite a stretch there to make assumptions that Eliteone thinks she owns this community. She doesn't own anymore than The site that shall not be named, UnityHQ or any of you do. Just like I said she goes above and beyond as do others here. So for those who have to dredge up old "mud"

You're luckey Eliteone doesn't take my advice in regards to these servers or else they'd have be gone along time ago. She's taken more flack than most would.

AE, first off you didn't beat us 150 to 50 points. you beat us by 6 points. and as i recall, right after the match you made smart-'donkey' comments about the location of the server. you called it a hill-billy machine. dont believe you can talk trash with impunity here, buddy.

you say stupid things like "oh i could tell you this story about how e1 is wrong and i am right, but i wont..." i mean, wth is that. quit acting so childish.

Ok for clarification if Angeleyes wasn't on a smear campaign then why did that private message get posted in that thread, basically Hi-jacking it?

(which was sent to get the attention of people to come talk to others not Angeleys)

Also why does Angeleyes constantly bring up the past. Reading alot of these posts he doesn't walk on water either, noboay does.

I also have to burst some bubbles and say it's quite a stretch there to make assumptions that Eliteone thinks she owns this community. She doesn't own anymore than The site that shall not be named, UnityHQ or any of you do. Just like I said she goes above and beyond as do others here. So for those who have to dredge up old "mud"

You're luckey Eliteone doesn't take my advice in regards to these servers or else they'd have be gone along time ago. She's taken more flack than most would.

8829[/snapback]

Sometimes I think Elite should shut down the servers with what she goes through. She could use the money to treat herself to something very fun and decadent.

biggrin.gif

That's a little harsh.  We appreciate NOLF plenty over at FF5.  We've tried to host a servre but it's simply not possible for us.  We couldn't afford to run it regularly.  There's a difference between not being able to host a server and not wanting to.

8828[/snapback]

Leesy,

Please accept my apologies. I know Yourmathteacher and when I have played with all of you, you guys were all class acts. smile.gif

Guest AngelEyes
AE, first off you didn't beat us 150 to 50 points. you beat us by 6 points. and as i recall, right after the match you made smart-'donkey' comments about the location of the server. you called it a hill-billy machine. dont believe you can talk trash with impunity here, buddy.

you say stupid things like "oh i could tell you this story about how e1 is wrong and i am right, but i wont..." i mean, wth is that. quit acting so childish.

8830[/snapback]

I was not referring to that clanmatch. I was a bit annoyed because that clanmatch wasnt realy fun for both sides. It was constant camping

I am more talking about public games. Yes I said a nasty comment about the TX server but at least I came to play

You dont have to lock this thread as long as the messages stay in neutral language. Why I constantly bring up the past is because the past repeats itself in real life aswell as computergames like these.. When I saw that PM from genesis I got pissed off, perhaps that explains my furious posts in unityHQ biggrin.gif . I remember how eliteone banned the ENTIRE |PM| clan because "we were trying to destroy the community" ... Banning results only in a ruined community and more clanfights. In COD you can bann all you want since there is 50K+ players. But here in nolf every bann means a "-" for the community

When you host a server you do something good for a community but you can also completely destroy it even though sometimes you do not know. Those who don't know both sides of the big 'donkey' story should perhaps stop reading this topic. It makes no sense to listen to only me or only eliteone.

I went to bed last night after posting here thinking all hell was going to break loose. I'm glad to see only little portions of the fiery abyss.

Yes, the SFI servers are currently locked to only SFI members. It has nothing to do with lag, eliteone and I just decided we put up with enough crap and wanted some peace for a little bit. The Unity servers are locked but will be available to the public within a day or two. Keep watching for more news on that.

It's silly to argue about who started the fighting in that post over in the other forums. There were a bunch of things said, accusations made and situations exaggerated. It was upsetting to me that people were so eager to jump on a bandwagon of hatred, but I guess I should be used to it by now.

For a long time SFI and it's members have been trashed in public forums with barely any support from non-SFI members. This is what really hurts eliteone and I the most. I'm not saying we're perfect, we make mistakes all the time, but we really do try hard to make SFI respectable and provide servers that everyone could enjoy. You don't have to love us, bow down before us, or even like us, but is it really necessary to constantly kick us in the face while still benefitting from what we do?

Most of these problems come down to lack of communication and understanding the other side. If you have an issue with someone, talk to them privately. If you're too afraid to talk to eliteone, talk to me. If you think I'm annoying, then talk to eliteone. Hate us both, then write an email so you don't have to face us in an MSN conversation. We really will try to resolve any conflicts and restore peace.

That said, we are simply not putting up with crap anymore. It takes a lot to get me upset, but I'm there now, and I'm not going to let certain individuals abuse my kindness anymore.

(Just to clarify one very minor thing that I'm tired of seeing... Angeleyes was in SFI, yes, but not in the NOLF2 Division. I refused him membership in my section at the time.)

Leesy, I'll be the one who decides on locking this particular thread, but I do have to go out for a couple hours, so feel free to delete inappropriate posts. smile.gif

Leesy, I'll be the one who decides on locking this particular thread. wink.gif

8836[/snapback]

Awww sad.gif But my "topic locking pinky" is twitching...

I'm posting too much - I really should do some work. Back to brushing up on the Java servlet API and life cycle. Anyone feel like joining me? No?

Blue, Major - stop.  Gen and I had brought this post to a quiet level.  If it starts again - I'll lock it if Bella or E1 don't beat me to it.

8832[/snapback]

Leesy,

It's better it gets out here and now...otherwise it will be bottled up and unleashed again in the near future. I think you credit yourself too much by thinking you brought it to a "quiet level". You've said your piece, now let everyone else say theres without fear of censorship.

As I told you before, Moody, it's not becasue you don't like someone that you can feel free to bash him/her or give someone the means to do so. And this sentence is quite strange:

So you don't like the person, but you like the time and efforts she puts into keeping your favorite game alive? How ironic.

And no, I'm not trying to sound like a hero. I'm definitely against any kind of unfair treatment - against anyone, friend or foe. And your position as leader of NS doesn't give you the right to say or do what you want without facing the consequences if I have to disagree with you. So, consider me gone from NS. I guess we will never come to any kind of agreement, anyway. Live long and prosper.

To conclude, let's see what you said about Elite and I. You should be aware that SFI has leaders who are almost always here to listen to possible complains, and are always willing to put an end, if possible, to a bad situation. I don't feel like EliteOne and I had a "friendly" relationship, at least not as much as I expected, and I told you that I was disappointed. Oh, I also said that, to my mind, she overreacted a bit about this "clan bashing" issue. You forgot to mention that it was clearly written in my reply to her PM. But, however I felt about E1 or anyone else in my former clan, SFI, Bella was always the first person to know, as my division leader. I went to her and spoke my mind. I'm pretty sure that Bella and Elite talked about any problem we discussed.

What's definitely funny is that now, in a way, you're trying to say that I'm responsible for what happened... laugh.gif All the accusations fly towards me, while it seems you chilled down a bit regarding other people.

8818[/snapback]

Why are you keep saying that i doesnt like E1..I apologize if i made myself unclear

(im swedish) I doesnt unlike anyone really, not like that, ok some people are annoying and that but doesnt hate them..You make it sound like i HATE E1 or something..I just meant that things are not done the right way always..And NO, i am not trying to say that you are responsible for anything cause you arent but it almost sound that you wanna think that..Well that was not my intention i can insure you that..People here overreact all the time..even me i know..That is why it seems like i chilled out, because this thing has gone too far already..And if you leave NS, feel free to do so, but I have nothing against you or anyone here.

See, even angel found his way in here, i doubt that angeleyes or anyone else want nolf to die..I dunno what happened before but im sure he used to be an 'wookie' sometime biggrin.gif but hey, no one's perfect..And i might overreact sometime but its over kinda fast tho.. This isnt going anywhere anyway, so what is there to talk about...Everyone seem to appreciate E1:s efforts and so do I..There is made so many missunderstandings in a conversation like this...Some people make it bigger and the next one makes it even bigger and so on and in the end its a big disaster...We all want whats best for the commuinty in the end so lets just fight for that instead..Not fight against each other..Now i understand why ST forums used to be so popular ohmy.gif

Guest AngelEyes
Most of these problems come down to lack of communication and understanding the other side. If you have an issue with someone, talk to them privately. If you're too afraid to talk to eliteone, talk to me. If you think I'm annoying, then talk to eliteone. Hate us both, then write an email so you don't have to face us in an MSN conversation. We really will try to resolve any conflicts and restore peace.

(Just to clarify one very minor thing that I'm tired of seeing... Angeleyes was in SFI, yes, but not in the NOLF2 Division. I refused him membership in my section at the time.)

laugh.gif "Most of these problems come down to lack of communication and understanding the other side"

I think you just said the biggest problem in Nolf2

No I was not in the nolf2 section but that doesn't matter to me. I talked often to Eliteone on msn while in those other divisions so I know what goes on, that is all i wanted to say biggrin.gif I didnt mean to say "I WAS IN SFI MAN I KNOW HOW MUCH THEY SUCK ROOOOOOOOFL!!!!"

I'm not trying to censor things RXS, I just don't want to see another locked topic. Everyone throwing their ideas in is going to end in a lot of conflicts, get people upset etc. But I'll sit back for a few hours and see what happens.

We need a chat room - 10 people on at once all reading this thread. Nice

Why are you keep saying that i doesnt like E1..I apologize if i made myself unclear

(im swedish) I doesnt unlike anyone really, not like that, ok some people are annoying and that but doesnt hate them..You make it sound like i HATE E1 or something..I just meant that things are not done the right way always..And NO, i am not trying to say that you are responsible for anything cause you arent but it almost sound that you wanna think that..Well that was not my intention i can insure you that..People here overreact all the time..even me i know..That is why it seems like i chilled out, because this thing has gone too far already..And if you leave NS, feel free to do so, but I have nothing against you or anyone here.

Apologies accepted, bro. Please accept mine in return wink.gif

No I was not in the nolf2 section but that doesn't matter to me. I talked often to Eliteone on msn while in those other divisions so I know what goes on, that is all i wanted to say  biggrin.gif  I didnt mean to say "I WAS IN SFI MAN I KNOW HOW MUCH THEY SUCK ROOOOOOOOFL!!!!"

8842[/snapback]

so you were in SFI at one point in time, congrats AE, you want a cookie? just because you were in the clan for a couple of weeks doesn't mean you all of a sudden became omnipotent and knew everything and anything that went on. i highly doubt you know how things roll in SFI. give respect where respect is due.

you rarely play nolf2 anymore, why do you fuel these flame wars with your past experiences.

Guest AngelEyes
so you were in SFI at one point in time, congrats AE, you want a cookie? just because you were in the clan for a couple of weeks doesn't mean you all of a sudden became omnipotent and knew everything and anything that went on. i highly doubt you know how things roll in SFI. give respect where respect is due.

you rarely play nolf2 anymore, why do you fuel these flame wars with your past experiences.

8848[/snapback]

WHAT I MEANT WAS .. RED... THAT I KNOW WHAT GOES ON IN ELITEONES HEAD TRYING TO BE THE OVERSEER FOR 10+ DIVISIONS AND HAVING A FULL TIME JOB AT THE SAME TIME... I DIDNT MEAN THAT I KNEW WHAT KIND OF DRAMA THERE WAS CUZ ON THE INSIDE OF SFI THERE WASNT... MAYBE YOU SHOULD STOP TAKING SUCH AN AGRESSIVE ATTITUDE BECAUSE YOU DONT REALLY KNOW ME DO YOU. dry.gifdry.gifdry.gifdry.gif SOMETIMES IT IS A LITTLE DIFFICULT FOR ME TO MAKE MYSELF CLEAR SINCE ENGLISH IS NOT MY MOTHER TONGUE BOY

And when I play nolf you wont even notice. Since I rarely use FF5 AngelEyes

Quote to genesis

Really you have nothing to apologize for..Missunderstandings happens..Im used to it biggrin.gif Let's get some beers and laugh about this later tongue.gif

WHAT I MEANT WAS .. RE(A)D... THAT I KNOW WHAT GOES ON IN ELITEONES HEAD TRYING TO BE THE OVERSEER FOR 10+ DIVISIONS AND HAVING A FULL TIME JOB AT THE SAME TIME... I DIDNT MEAN THAT I KNEW WHAT KIND OF DRAMA THERE WAS CUZ ON THE INSIDE OF SFI THERE WASNT... MAYBE YOU SHOULD STOP TAKING SUCH AN AGRESSIVE ATTITUDE BECAUSE YOU DONT REALLY KNOW ME DO YOU.

Lucky the man who can read people's mind. Send me that brain-hack, will you? wink.gif

Let's get some beers and laugh about this later

Thumbsup, dude! w00t.gif

Apologies accepted, bro. Please accept mine in return wink.gif

8847[/snapback]

Quote to genesis

Really you have nothing to apologize for..Missunderstandings happens..Im used to it biggrin.gif Let's get some beers and laugh about this later  tongue.gif

8850[/snapback]

Props to Moody and Gen!

WHAT I MEANT WAS .. RED... THAT I KNOW WHAT GOES ON IN ELITEONES HEAD TRYING TO BE THE OVERSEER FOR 10+ DIVISIONS AND HAVING A FULL TIME JOB AT THE SAME TIME... I DIDNT MEAN THAT I KNEW WHAT KIND OF DRAMA THERE WAS CUZ ON THE INSIDE OF SFI THERE WASNT... MAYBE YOU SHOULD STOP TAKING SUCH AN AGRESSIVE ATTITUDE BECAUSE YOU DONT REALLY KNOW ME DO YOU.  dry.gif  dry.gif  dry.gif  dry.gif

And when I play nolf you wont even notice. Since I rarely use FF5 AngelEyes

8849[/snapback]

first off, im not taking an aggressive stand, only a defensive one for myself and my clan. from my experience, i have seen what kind of ungrateful attitude you can have. ie towards our servers, towards e1, etc.

second off, i wasn't talking about drama, i was talking about exactly what you were talking about - what e1 has to deal with. wait, so you're a mind reader now? did you and e1 share a brain or something back then? again, just because you were in SFI and had little chats with e1 doesn't mean all of a sudden you knew what she deals/dealt with.

its pointless in continuing this with you. just quit with your "oh man, i could trash talk on SFI but i wont..." and all will be decent.

Guest AngelEyes
its pointless in continuing this with you. just quit with your "oh man, i could trash talk on SFI but i wont..." and all will be decent.

8853[/snapback]

Yea sounds good. But when I read stuff about 1 person wanting to bann someone else I suddenly get annoyed biggrin.gif

And I was the leader of |PM| nolf2 ;-) I know how much time it cost me to keep PM rolling so I can also imagine how much time it costs for eliteone to keep 10+ divisions rolling AND have a full time job laugh.gifwink.gifcool.gifrolleyes.gifohmy.gifunsure.gif

Yea sounds good. But when I read stuff about 1 person wanting to bann someone else I suddenly get annoyed biggrin.gif

And I was the leader of |PM| nolf2 ;-) I know how much time it cost me to keep PM rolling so I can also imagine how much time it costs for eliteone to keep 10+ divisions rolling AND have a full time job  laugh.gif  wink.gif  cool.gif  rolleyes.gif  ohmy.gif  unsure.gif

8860[/snapback]

why can't people be banned if they are at fault?

i know you were the leader of the PM nolf 2 division with mjau, but like you just said. you know how much TIME is costs, and you can only IMAGINE how much TIME it costs e1. what about the moolah. that counts too. a big part.