Sign in to follow this  
Airslide

Fix for Mouse Stutter & Framerate

Fix for Mouse Stutter & Framerate

Quick Start

===========

To install the compatibility fixes, open an administrator command prompt in the same directory and type:

sdbinst NOLFCompatFix.sdb

That's it! Start up NOLF1 and you should find everything in working order.

Command Prompt Help

===================

To open an admin command prompt, open the "Apps" view of the start screen and begin typing "cmd". Right click on the first entry (should be Command Prompt) and select "Run As Administrator".

Be sure you are in the same directory as the sdb file. You can use the "cd" command to do this (example: "cd C:\Users\MyName\Desktop").

Uninstalling

============

Go to "Programs and Features" in the Control Panel, select "No One Lives Forever Compatibility Fixes" and select Uninstall.

How it works

============

The sdb file is a shim created with the Microsoft Application Compatibility Manager (http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=7352). It contains an application compatibility fix for lithtech.exe, enabling the compatibility mode NoDTToDITMouseBatch (fixes jumpy mouse movement) and the compatibility fix DXPrimaryEmulation (Parameters: -DisableMaxWindowedMode) (fixes low framerate in fullscreen mode).

This sdb will be updated in the future if additional compatibility modes are found to be necessary or helpful.

Credits

=======

This sdb was put together by Airslide with help from the following sources:

http://www.blitzbasic.com/Community/posts.php?topic=99477

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2908279

Thanks!

Looks like it works except for when I'm zoomed in on a sniper scope. The framerate gets severely cut until I exit the scope view.

Thanks. This problem was giving me literally headaches because of the FPS stuttering.

Having trouble getting this to work. Could someone please help. I am using Windows 8.1 and have followed the instructions but still can't get it to work. Really want to play this game again, was one of my favorites back in the day! Thank you much for your time and help!

Got the fix to install but now it's worse than before plus it did nothing to fix the mouse stutter. Screen is half misssing also, Can somebody please help me to fix this problem I really want to play this Great game... Thank you much for your time and help...

Got the fix to install but now it's worse than before plus it did nothing to fix the mouse stutter. Screen is half misssing also, Can somebody please help me to fix this problem I really want to play this Great game... Thank you much for your time and help...

Use the file HERE to launch your game. It should correct your issue.

I'm trying to play the game again, but it crashes with this compatibility fix installed. :( When uninstalled, the game launches without any issues, but as expected it runs in 30fps with all the other issues related to Windows 8 (weird mouse control etc.).
Would you mind to take a look at this fix again, Airslide? Maybe some files from Windows 8 got updated in the last couple of months. Thanks in advance!

Fixes nothing but thanks for trying.

Have you tried the multiplayer launcher found HERE to launch your game. It should correct your issue.

testing this now, been fighting with mouse problems for ages

EDIT: this did not work

im on windows 10 64bit

Edited by mowgly

testing this now, been fighting with mouse problems for ages

EDIT: this did not work

im on windows 10 64bit

With Windows 10 I would suggest running it in compatibility mode. That's how I am running it on Windows 10 without any issues.

Thanks for the fix. Mouse lag is indeed horrible in my case, running Windows 7 64bit inside VMware Fusion. Since the video driver that Windows sees is something rather non-standard, the vsync solution and others I've tried don't work. Maybe this one will.