Most recent FIFA soccer rankings

wow! ...............and this is with a round ball too?? cool.gif

I'm sorry Mr. ONYX but as you well know number 6's don't associate nor speak with number 8's.  wink.gif

7993[/snapback]

...........and of course.......not anybody talks to the 20th ?!? cool.gifcool.gif

...........and of course.......not anybody talks to the 20th ?!?  cool.gif  cool.gif

8077[/snapback]

For god's sake man! Don't ever speak of teh dreaded 20 spot! (Throws salt over left shoulder)

whistling.gifwhistling.gif

ya, beckham is just a pretty boy who sells tickets...he cnat play for beans...

anywayz...i am amazed at a few things...(as most know i am a soccer player and watch it pretty carefully)

1) USA is doing amazing this year, but a #6 rankin is a little high, i think they should be abput 9 or 10...

2)...Mexico #5?????...we beat them...so they should at least be behind us...(then again...we lost to honduras 2 days ago) PITIFUL!

3)...France should be higher, it doesnt matter how they been doin now, they are an international super power in soccer, with prolly the best 2 forward team in the world. (i cant think of a team with 2 forwards better than Henry and Trezeguet)...but the midfield for france is pretty weak i think...

4) last complaint...i dont care how they been doin in pre-season play...Netherlands and Czech should not be that high...everyone will see what i mean when the World Cup comes around next summer wink.gif...i dont care how they been performin, they r too weak to carry it, they have no follow through...

PS. I know no1 really follows american soccer in these forums, but Costa Rica, they have been doin pretty damn good, and i dont think they got any respect with that 23rd spot. They tied USA 0-0 just a few weeks ago, and i am not 100% sure but i think they defeated Argentina, again im not 100% sure though, but they have been playin really strong for a country with less people than Southern Cali (guessing)...they really rely on just one player and they rnt doin too bad by that, but then again, it wont work in the World Cup...(that one player is Paulo Wanchope)

dude i knew it!

thats what i was arguing with my dad about...

he was tellin me over and over we lost...

but i coulda swarn i watched it...

we had a last minute header...

i friggin knew it!

my dad is gonna get his lil hispanic arse whooped!

4) last complaint...i dont care how they been doin in pre-season play...Netherlands and Czech should not be that high...everyone will see what i mean when the World Cup comes around next summer wink.gif...i dont care how they been performin, they r too weak to carry it, they have no follow through...

8146[/snapback]

Holland is unbeaten in the World Cup qualifiers, plus some friendlies as well. What exactly do you mean by follow through?

The US do have some good players in the team. Donovan impressed me a fair bit last time I watched them play.

You can't say Beckham's crap. Everyone always expect so much of him and they only ever concentrate on the mistakes. One great thing about Beckham is his workload. Next time you watch an England game, keep an eye on Beckham - when he's in that England shirt he plays his heart out, giving it 110%. He should just be in the team for that reason.

I think those ratings are justified though (except for France being about the mighty England) . It'll change very soon though. Germany '06 is coming! Gonna have to get me a ticket or two for that. Wouldn't mind seeing the US play, England of course, Portugal are always interesting to watch.

yes ..i gotta admit that Beckham is 1 of the bests in world to shoot freekicks, penaltykicks and corners with right leg..and he can give very good assists to teammates..but he cant do anything with his left leg and he is kinda slow biggrin.gif I still remember what happened to him when he shot that penaltykick against Portugal at European championships rolleyes.gif

Holland is unbeaten in the World Cup qualifiers, plus some friendlies as well. What exactly do you mean by follow through?

8181[/snapback]

I don't know about weak, as the Netherlands have had some of the most fantastic players in the history of the sport with Ruud Gullit, Marco van Basten, Johann Cruyf, etc. But through it all they have as many World Cup Championships as the U.S. Zero sad.gif

i mean follow through as in how they will play when the teams r actually playin for the World Cup.

right now teams r playin, but not super hard...they r bringin their B game...

they wont step it up to their A game till the World Cup...

the only teams playin their A game r the smaller/not as skilled countries...

so they r gettin a great name out right now...

but when the Cup comes around...i think the winner will be one of the regular 3...

France, Argentina, Brazil...

France, Argentina, Brazil...

France?!?!? Did you see the last World Cup, or Euro 2004? France have crumbled. No offence to all the Frenchies out there but you'll have to raise your game to have a chance.

Well, we've been up there in the quarterfinals, semifinals and finals even (though that was a while ago) and we've got a good team now. So I think we've got a decent chance.  smile.gif

8307[/snapback]

Yeah '78 finals vs. Argentina (lost 3-1).

Farthest we have ever gone was last WC, when we wen't to the quarter finals.

Our most memorable WC game however was when we beat the heavily favored England 1-0 in the '50 WC.

Lee, of course i saw the 2002* world cup...not 04 wink.gif

and ya they crumbled...

but man, its france...they are always good...

u can never count them out...NEVER

and also...they didnt crumble...they didnt make it to the bracket b/c i think it was turkey beat them by 1 point in their bracket, and they were 2rd place and got the boot...i dont remember that far back but they barely didnt make it onto the next round, and it was because of a tie against sum team...

and if they made it to the single elimination brackets...i think things would have faired differently...

anywayz...how about senegal...i remember being super impressed by Diouf in the 2002 WC...and this one he will be older and more mature...and since they just ride his shoulders in everything, like they did in 2002, i think they might even do better than their top 8 finish last year...but that kid was amazing to watch...