How to install disc 2 -- Nolf 1

I installed nolf 1 iso discs and the game runs great however the first disc install without a hitch but disc 2 always seems to have to be mounted with Daemon Tools. Im I doing something wrong? Is there a way to install disc 2 so it doesn't have to be mounted?

Could always try this tool from Microsoft to mount the ISO

http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=38780

Or go old school and burn it to a disc.

I could make Zip files of them and upload them too worse case.

Maybe I should try to explain this more clearly...when I downloaded the 2 iso's I unpack the zip double clicked to start disc one and it installed to the system like a normal CD but when I tried to install the 2nd disc it would not work unless it was mounted with daemon tool. Disc 2 would not install like the first disc which I deleted after I installed it but with disc 2 when I tried to install it and then delete it it would not work. But the game works fine when disc 2 is mounted. So maybe this is normal.That microsoft program you posted does the same thing as Daimon tool doesn't it?

Maybe I should try to explain this more clearly...when I downloaded the 2 iso's I unpack the zip double clicked to start disc one and it installed to the system like a normal CD but when I tried to install the 2nd disc it would not work unless it was mounted with daemon tool. Disc 2 would not install like the first disc which I deleted after I installed it but with disc 2 when I tried to install it and then delete it it would not work. But the game works fine when disc 2 is mounted. So maybe this is normal.That microsoft program you posted does the same thing as Daimon tool doesn't it?

I suspect.

Are you using the no CD patch to run it?

This behavior is normal. Both the original NOLF and the GotY releases have CD checks in all versions. This may hold the answer to your question, but I'm not sure off-hand which release it applies to:

http://unityhq.net/forums/index.php?app=downloads&showfile=52

(Eliteone beat me to the punch.)

Edited by akula65

This behavior is normal. Both the original NOLF and the GotY releases have CD checks in all versions. This may hold the answer to your question, but I'm not sure off-hand which relase it applies to:

http://unityhq.net/forums/index.php?app=downloads&showfile=52

(Eliteone beat me to the punch.)

:semoque:

ah Larry, I recognized that profile pic, were you too a member of the now abandoned "The site that shall not be named" forums?

Their reveal post on Nolf2 Single Player Coop years back made me love that game even more! :)

Edited by Clonest

ah Larry, I recognized that profile pic, were you too a member of the now abandoned "The site that shall not be named" forums?

Their reveal post on Nolf2 Single Player Coop years back made me love that game even more! :)

You know I don't even remember the name of that nolf site...one of the admin there was not very friendly like. But my morbid curiosity would sure like to know what happened between the people in that site and this one. I know there was bad blood.

You know I don't even remember the name of that nolf site...one of the admin there was not very friendly like. But my morbid curiosity would sure like to know what happened between the people in that site and this one. I know there was bad blood.

to summarize their site admin didn't like that NOLF2 was more popular than NOLF1 and he went on a bit of a power trip about it.

The entire drama would take at least a full thread or more so since it's the past and they have long given up on being here for the NOLF community we've moved on long ago about it.

I just realize I posted my Nolf 1 tech problem in the wrong thread area...so sorry...however I'm not quite sure where I should have posted the drama part! :c-1:

Edited by Larry