Chaos Theory: What I wish I had known when I started TSW

Eliteone

Question

Filed under: Horror, Sci-Fi, Opinion, The Secret World, Chaos Theory, Buy-to-Play

chaostheoryheader-2-1381263280.jpg
Getting into The Secret World can be tricky. As I said a few months ago, this game is a fusion of the MMO with the adventure game, and that requires a mental adjustment if you're going to really enjoy things. That's not where the divergence ends, of course; you have the limited questing system, the AP skill wheel, the dozen or so currencies, the travel system, and the separation of statted gear and cosmetic outfits to understand.

With promotions, sales, and new issues keeping the game in the spotlight, new folks are constantly entering the game just as I did over a year ago. I look back at my first month or so in The Secret World and wince at the way I kept trying to play the game like a standard MMO and becoming frustrated when it resisted my attempts to do so. If I had to sum up that month, it would be "messy." I eventually persevered, graduated from Solomon Island, and found my footing in TSW, but it could've been a lot smoother if I had just understood a few things that I shall now pass on to you.

Continue reading Chaos Theory: What I wish I had known when I started TSW

feedlogo.gifChaos Theory: What I wish I had known when I started TSW originally appeared on Massively on Mon, 14 Oct 2013 12:00:00 EST. Please see our terms for use of feeds.

Permalink | Email this | Comments

View the full article

0 answers to this question

There have been no answers to this question yet