All missions only 7 ???

While I'm at it, if you're looking into FEAR as many people have, DON'T. It is also a disgrace to the NOLF2 series even though the storyline has nothing to do with NOLF. Many people for whatever reason seem to think this is a cool game...IT'S NOT! It's nothing more than a modern day Contract JACK with an even more uncreative and pointless storyline. Also, it seems like a combination of Max Payne, Far Cry and maybe NOLF2. Great games, but they're not games that should be mixed.

Bottom line: If you're wondering why game developers are doing this to you, then just remember it's all about the buck and not about the quality of the game anymore. It's too bad to, because these games had so much potential.

Sigh....

Fear Melee and action-

NOLF2 Melee and action

(it's there just look close)

Katana, swing....swing....swing...

http://youtube.com/watch?v=Yry02ousJDM&amp...ted&search=

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sigh....

Fear Melee and action-

NOLF2 Melee and action

Yes KNIX, I know. I have FEAR, AND I've played it online. I wasn't impressed. Your videos just proved my point for me I think. I realize FEAR is newer and has "Melee action," but so what?

I know that the katana action looks cheesy and very primative in the gaming world of today, but you forget THAT'S WHAT MAKES IT FUN! It's different and funny, that's what makes it so great.

The second video reminded me SO much of Counter Suck...er Strike! Now that's a game to hate! I just don't see the appeal KNIX. If you're into that stuff, then that's fine, just please DON'T compare it to NOLF2.

If you don't have anything else besides "melee action," then why even bother trying to defend it?

If you're just bored with the idea of NOLF2, I'm sure there's more original games out there than FEAR to run to and join.

Edited by Triggerhappy

Yes KNIX, I know. I have FEAR, AND I've played it online. I wasn't impressed. Your videos just proved my point for me I think. I realize FEAR is newer and has "Melee action," but so what?

I know that the katana action looks cheesy and very primative in the gaming world of today, but you forget THAT'S WHAT MAKES IT FUN! It's different and funny, that's what makes it so great.

The second video reminded me SO much of Counter Suck...er Strike! Now that's a game to hate! I just don't see the appeal KNIX. If you're into that stuff, then that's fine, just please DON'T compare it to NOLF2.

If you don't have anything else besides "melee action," then why even bother trying to defend it?

If you're just bored with the idea of NOLF2, I'm sure there's more original games out there than FEAR to run to and join.

I have listed my reasoning for liking F.E.A.R in like 1000 other posts so I didn't want to waste time going over it again, so I thought that video evidence would be better. There are many other reasons why FEAR is just better. I always said I prefered the community of NOLF2 circa 2003, over FEAR's community. Cheesy does not equal fun for me. I hate how if you run out of bullets in NOLF, you have zero chance at defending yourself besides the dreaded Katana or even more dreaded Tulwar.

Bananas, sleeping gas, etc are all funny, but it's played out.

NOLF2 will always be a fav of mine, but that time has come and gone. Hope I see you in FEAR....I'll be the one kicking you in the head.

I have listed my reasoning for liking F.E.A.R in like 1000 other posts so I didn't want to waste time going over it again, so I thought that video evidence would be better. There are many other reasons why FEAR is just better. I always said I prefered the community of NOLF2 circa 2003, over FEAR's community. Cheesy does not equal fun for me. I hate how if you run out of bullets in NOLF, you have zero chance at defending yourself besides the dreaded Katana or even more dreaded Tulwar.

Bananas, sleeping gas, etc are all funny, but it's played out.

NOLF2 will always be a fav of mine, but that time has come and gone. Hope I see you in FEAR....I'll be the one kicking you in the head.

Well that's too bad. Perhaps you didn't consider the fact that you run out of bullits because you waiste most of them? I don't really care for the Katana and the Tulwar either, but I don't pout and quit playing the game either when I don't win. I understand why you're tired of playing NOLF2, but the fact that you traded it for FEAR is just goofy. Despite your reasons for liking FEAR, it's still one of the must unoriginal and waisted productivity I've seen since Contract JACK wether you see that or not.

I doubt you'll see me playing FEAR, but I might long enough to kick your butt for going AWOL on us. :bye:

Well that's too bad. Perhaps you didn't consider the fact that you run out of bullits because you waiste most of them?

Knix, did you consider this "fact"? Such a *waist......

I understand why you're tired of playing NOLF2, but the fact that you traded it for FEAR is just goofy.

Knix, fall in line here....stop being goofy....you are confusing Trigger! If he doesn't like FEAR, nobody should like it.....trigger sets the bar by which all games and players are measured. Stoopit Knix. <_<

Edited by RXS

Sigh....

Fear Melee and action-

NOLF2 Melee and action

The first FEAR video reminds me of what I hate about the game. The unarmed attack is ridiculous! I can shoot you full of 200 rounds of lead, and you might die. Kick me in the face once and I'm dead instantly?!?!? Gimme a break!

The second video was ridiculously boring. What was the point of that?

The third video reminds me how awesome NOLF2 is! Thanks for posting it! I just might go back and do the single player version again!

Knix, did you consider this "fact"? Such a *waist......

Knix, fall in line here....stop being goofy....you are confusing Trigger! If he doesn't like FEAR, nobody should like it.....trigger sets the bar by which all games and players are measured. Stoopit Knix. <_<

Hey, if you don't have anything to say about the topic at hand or or any proof to back it up, please shut up. I'm trying to make a point about which game is better. What are you doing? Nothing. :bye:

The first FEAR video reminds me of what I hate about the game. The unarmed attack is ridiculous! I can shoot you full of 200 rounds of lead, and you might die. Kick me in the face once and I'm dead instantly?!?!? Gimme a break!

The second video was ridiculously boring. What was the point of that?

The third video reminds me how awesome NOLF2 is! Thanks for posting it! I just might go back and do the single player version again!

Well said Indy, I couldn't have put it better myself.

Hey, if you don't have anything to say about the topic at hand or or any proof to back it up, please shut up. I'm trying to make a point about which game is better. What are you doing? Nothing. :bye:

Actually, I couldn't give a rip if you like FEAR or not. I'm just trying to understand your remedial logic as you try to make "a point" about which game is better. Let me know when you figure it out.

Well said Indy, I couldn't have put it better myself.

That's for damn sure!!!!!

Edited by RXS

You know, I don't really like Contact JACK, but I'd rather play that over FEAR any day. :P

Face it, KNIX, some people will never want to play FEAR no matter how much you insist it's better. ^_^

Face it, Trigger, KNIX will never come back to NOLF2 no matter how much you prove it's still cool because he's been abducted by aliens who have brainwashed him into believing FEAR is better than NOLF2. :whistle:

That's for damn sure!!!!!

Ooooo...Owwww, that hurt me so much. Ah the blow is unbearable RXS, how could you say such a thing? My feelings are hurt so bad I can't ever recover. That was such a great comeback, how could I ever compete with that? Oooooo ouch, I'm hurt.

:D

You know, I don't really like Contact JACK, but I'd rather play that over FEAR any day. :P

Face it, KNIX, some people will never want to play FEAR no matter how much you insist it's better. ^_^

Face it, Trigger, KNIX will never come back to NOLF2 no matter how much you prove it's still cool because he's been abducted by aliens who have brainwashed him into believing FEAR is better than NOLF2. :whistle:

Sigh...If I have to. :(

Edited by Triggerhappy

Ooooo...Owwww, that hurt me so much. Ah the blow is unbearable RXS, how could you say such a thing? My feelings are hurt so bad I can't ever recover. That was such a great comeback, how could I ever compete with that? Oooooo ouch, I'm hurt.

LOL! I'm going to rank your comeback right up there with "I know you are but what am I".....

Edited by RXS

Sorry...American slang.

Uh....Google "Choking the chicken", turn off safe search :)

If it does not ring a bell, come back hee and I'll dance around some more.

D'OH...I don't believe I didn't get that ^_^

Well I agree about what Trigger & Indy have said. :) (btw I liked the point of spillkill's other video about COD. but that's another thing.)

As for FEAR, I never enjoyed the feel, you are running through gelatin. :blink: Running in there felt for me like controling 80 years old guy with ill heart. He is barely moving, but yet he have some super powres and can jump and do a bicycle kick like in mortal kombat. :lol:

Edited by METAL

As for FEAR, I never enjoyed the feel, you are running through gelatin. :blink: Running in there felt for me like controling 80 years old guy with ill heart. He is barely moving, but yet he have some super powres and can jump and do a bicycle kick like in mortal kombat. :lol:

It depends on which server you are playing in....some have fast run speeds and some have slow....I like to play in the DOW Airborne server......fast run speed and "low gravity" jumps...........very fast and intense. When FEAR first came out, most of the servers had the standard run speed which is very slow compared to the run speed in NOLF.

Yeah, you are right. But it was awfull though, and nvm what game I was playing before that nolf or not, cos I have played lot of games and none was feeling like that whether in mp or sp.

I've red on the SFI forums that you love that server. :lol: But still that isn't the only thing I don't like about fear. I have played lots of fps and all kind of games, but still fear is not my game... it is good and I respect that other ppl likes it, but I prefer to stay in nolf with other rusty old noobs around than go to fear! I am not trying to comparing the two games, but if I have to choose between the game that I play mostly (nolf 2) and fear.

I agree, I like NOLF more than I do FEAR; however, there are always more servers, people playing at all hours, variety maps, etc. that draws me to FEAR. Also, I run into a lot of my old NOLF buddies who play FEAR too. There are a lot of features that FEAR has that are superior to NOLF too....I think KNIX was trying to explain earlier that the melee is a great addition to the game (unless it is abused by noobs who run around and melee only....kind of like noobs that phos all the time NOLF).

And BTW, you can change your run speed by putting your weapon away.....the makers of FEAR tried to make it a little more realistic in that if your weapon is drawn, you can't run quite as fast as when it is put away. When it is put away, you run just as fast as you do in NOLF. This is true in all FEAR servers.

Yes, I know that about the weapon, but I find it quite stupid. A weapon weights equal nvm if it's drawn or away... and eventhough it's drawn how much does this weapon weights for instance? a ton?? or 1? Ok, if we put that fact away... I still don't get what's so realistic to have low run speed when you have weapon drawn??? I would understand if u are aimin' but if u have it drawned u can just have it un-aimed while running w/o this to affect your run speed. Sry, I am just pissed of this few stuff. :angry:

Ahh good addition... :) yes fear got few... the friend search engine(which I never managed to get work right, but I think that this was just me.) is areally good addition. What else... well PB is not working 100% or at all so I wouldn't count that one. ;) Ahh the unreasonable small chat text in the latest version... 1 time I ve got a person saying sry to me about he/she typing in caps. :blink: Well there are really good additions compare to nolf such as the auto download. There are others good things too. But in the end the game suxx!

Let me just add that one of the most annoying things about CJ is the fact that when you scroll up and down the weapons menu you automatically start switching weapons without having to select one. So if I like to use the "last weapon" button to quickly go from say the pistol and a grenade, I have to stop and try and scroll from on to the other fast enough to skip changing the weapons in between before I can do that. There's no way to turn it off either!

Yes, I know that about the weapon, but I find it quite stupid. A weapon weights equal nvm if it's drawn or away... and eventhough it's drawn how much does this weapon weights for instance? a ton?? or 1? Ok, if we put that fact away... I still don't get what's so realistic to have low run speed when you have weapon drawn??? I would understand if u are aimin' but if u have it drawned u can just have it un-aimed while running w/o this to affect your run speed. Sry, I am just pissed of this few stuff. :angry:

well PB is not working 100% or at all so I wouldn't count that one. ;)

There is a little bit of lag between new cheats and when PB blocks them. It's better than nothing though.

It's not so much the weight of the weapon (although that would come into play as well) but rather that the weapon impedes natural running motion. For example...you have two sprinters who are equally as fast....one is carrying a 5 foot long 2 x 4 and the other is not.....the sprinter not carrying the 2 x 4 will run much faster because he can pump his arms and run in a natural/anatomical way. I know this to be true based on several experiences during my juvenile year of stealing pumpkins from neighbors on Halloween. Some of my highschool buddies were normally much slower than me in Track, but could almost catch me when I was carting off a hollow pumpkin and running for my life. ;)

Edited by RXS

There is a little bit of lag between new cheats and when PB blocks them. It's better than nothing though.

It's not so much the weight of the weapon (although that would come into play as well) but rather that the weapon impedes natural running motion. For example...you have two sprinters who are equally as fast....one is carrying a 5 foot long 2 x 4 and the other is not.....the sprinter not carrying the 2 x 4 will run much faster because he can pump his arms and run in a natural/anatomical way. I know this to be true based on several experiences during my juvenile year of stealing pumpkins from neighbors on Halloween. Some of my highschool buddies were normally much slower than me in Track, but could almost catch me when I was carting off a hollow pumpkin and running for my life. ;)

Yes, but the weapon is not a pumpkin and it gives you the freedown of partial anatomic moce. So the should't run like 90 year old nood when having the gun out, and shouldn't be do fast if the weapon is weighting really that much even if it's not drawn. That's my point. But anyways there's a great fun in DM reight now. Cya! :)

Yes, but the weapon is not a pumpkin and it gives you the freedown of partial anatomic moce. So the shouldn't run like 90 year old nood when having the gun out, and shouldn't be do fast if the weapon is weighting really that much even if it's not drawn. That's my point.

Its kinda hard to run in real life when you have a assault rifle up to your shoulder and are looking through the sights of it, why its not about weight, its about bulk and all that bulk being on your personage makes you move slower, I'm guessing fear has your gun in that position, so you probably don't run you power walk in that game which is simmilar to what soldiers do in real life, when they move with the gun in that postion.