No NOLF Servers

This is the first time I've been online and found no NOLF servers, not DD, DM, Co-op..........nothing, I've looked with ASE, Gamespy..........still nothing (not even voodoo)......is this a first?

What has happened to our server providers, is this a cost thing?

Because we are a shrinking group (but surviving!), individual clans may be having trouble financing servers..........maybe we could pool our resources here at Unity HQ and fund a DD & DM server.

What do our internet guru's think? Eliteone? Knix? anyone?

I agree ! Lots of people here so we could get two really good servers! The server thats up for the moment by SFI is way too laggy, i dont think thats the one you had before is it? Because that one was good...People still play this game and new players still coming in so we need servers!

No I worked on the server box and at 3am my time I crashed (ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ) before restarting the servers.

Sorry guess I work too much. I've put up servers again though if you wanted to help with the costs use the paypal links on the SFI forum to pitch in.

[sT] Moody...... I agree ! Lots of people here so we could get two really good servers! The server thats up for the moment by SFI is way too laggy, i dont think thats the one you had before is it? Because that one was good...People still play this game and new players still coming in so we need servers!

No my Nolf 2 servers are doing 3 times the work as before that is why I had to down the box last night. Without the ST server and my other DD server my remaining servers get alot of use now.

what happenend to SFI server???? before european players had better pings but now its higher sad.gif I had 130 before now its 170-200 and some players have over 200 ping.. Thats not cool! huh.gif

what happenend to SFI server???? before european players had better pings but now its higher sad.gif  I had 130 before now its 170-200 and some players have over 200 ping.. Thats not cool! huh.gif

6279[/snapback]

Same thing that happened to the ST server wink.gif Our commercial host (I was renting the New York DD server as a extra) went out of business so until I find another host and so the community wouldn't be serverless I put up a DD server on my dedicated server box.

Now it's located in Texas so your pings will be different but I figured a server was better than not having one at all.

I'm beginning to take mild offense to the complaints. I do the best I can blink.gif seems that's not good enough for some mad.gif .

E1,

I appreciate of all your efforts...especially since I have not contributed to your server fund. Beggars can't be choosers.

I do think ONYX has a good idea with pooling the funds for a community server.

Thanks for all you do.

I think you would complain too if you had 250 ping like i do, no offence..I used to have 135 or something before..But of course, we are just europeans wink.gif not that important tongue.gif

So i talked to Natter today and it would be cool if some euros could pay for a european server, I would be glad to help with that..

I think you would complain too if you had 250 ping like i do, no offence..I used to have 135 or something before..But of course, we are just europeans  wink.gif  not that important  tongue.gif

So i talked to Natter today and it would be cool if some euros could pay for a european server, I would be glad to help with that..

6289[/snapback]

Like RXS said..............

If someone was providing a place for me to play I wouldn't gripe about it.

I'm working on a solution still for the long term.

Good idea Moody, but i'm not sure any server company will take livestock as payment tongue.gif

No I worked on the server box and at 3am my time ...........

Sorry guess I work too much.

... I do the best I can 

You are the amazing, E1!!!! Thx for all you do!! You can count on my continued support

fans.gif

You are the amazing, E1!!!!  Thx for all you do!!  You can count on my continued support 

fans.gif

6294[/snapback]

I would like to thank you too EliteOne. I don't know why you do it, but I'm glad you do.

And for putting up with me sometmes.

smile.gif

6296[/snapback]

Thanks guys nice to know a few apreciate things biggrin.gif

Nah Coty you're cool cool.gif

I've put up servers again though if you wanted to help with the costs use the paypal links on the SFI forum to pitch in.

Maybe you could post the paypal link info here...

My retina scan was rejected when I tried to get into the SFI forums again. Blood analysis will take some time tongue.gif

you don't have to be logged into the SFI forum just visit SFI Forum

Upper right hand corner is the paypal link.

I should have some news in regards to a new commercial host this week (give you some suspense this week)

A few of us at FF5 are looking into forking out for a server for a while. It'll probably be just for 6 months or so but we can always look at getting something on a more permanent basis after that if we can afford it.

Just got to try and find a good place that can host the games.

Thanks guys nice to know a few apreciate things  biggrin.gif

Nah Coty you're cool  cool.gif

6311[/snapback]

Who said you are not appreciated? a simple question just need a simple answer biggrin.gif I bet everyone who plays nolf appreciate your server or else they must be dumb cause without sfi we couldnt play for the moment...hooray!

I asked,Nixsa asked what happened the the old servers because they had better ping for us euro players, this new one made you americans get even lower pings than you had before, "like you need it" laugh.gif

Well Moody it's cause my dedicated Main box Is in Texas. Like I said stay tuned I've something in the works.

sigh, i got into a skiff about this same deal with AE a while back. i said the exact same words, "beggars cant be choosers" after he kept on complaining about the texas server.

i say we all just get off e1's back and let her do her thang.

p.s. i love the texas server. dont rag on it.

I know Eliteone doing whats possible, dont complain to much friends.

Onyx had a great idea, dont let forgett it and push it forward.

And have u mentioned, that the Paypal-link is on our site E1??? wink.gif

Your unbelieveable ssssssssssssssnake biggrin.gif

sigh, i got into a skiff about this same deal with AE a while back. i said the exact same words, "beggars cant be choosers" after he kept on complaining about the texas server.

i say we all just get off e1's back and let her do her thang.

p.s. i love the texas server. dont rag on it.

6336[/snapback]

Of course you love the server Blue, you are not european so you have your nice ping! And who is a beggar here anyway? I remember when PM had their european server the americans barely used it..Then i heard someone complain "oh no my ping is 100 here, boo i cant play" laugh.giflaugh.gif

Now let's not turn the topic into a "tiff"  unsure.gif

6359[/snapback]

Awwww sad.gif But where's the fun in that? I say...

FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT!

bashing.gifduel.gifaikido.gif

tongue.gif

Anyway, I think when it comes down to it - we need more than American servers. Having a european server will just make things fairer as players/matches can mix and match meaning that at some time you are playing in a location better for you.

LOL Whip out your checkbook Leesy tongue.gif I'm sure someone over there is gladly take your money biggrin.gifbiggrin.gifbiggrin.gif

have to top it off with a snickers.gif lol...............