DavidGunn87

Lithtech.exe APPCRASH issue

Hi, I've been having this issue with NOLF 1 where every now and then when playing the game it would freeze for a couple of seconds and the screen would go black and while the screen is black the game is still running, (you can shoot and walk and you will hear everything) Sometimes it would completly crash, other times it won't and you can just hit Ctrl+Alt+Del and select task manager and bring it back up to get rid of the black screen and play as normal. I haven't been able to figure out this issue yet, I run the game in windows XP SP3 with disable visual themes and run as administrator for lithtech.exe and NOLF.exe. I run the game in Windows 7 x64bit. This is the crash info I get when it does crash:

Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: APPCRASH
Application Name: lithtech.exe
Application Version: 1.0.0.1
Application Timestamp: 3ae746d9
Fault Module Name: msvcrt.dll
Fault Module Version: 7.0.7601.17744
Fault Module Timestamp: 4eeaf722
Exception Code: c0000005
Exception Offset: 00009b60
OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.768.3
Locale ID: 1033
Additional Information 1: 4818
Additional Information 2: 48184956036c97843b69f95a5acb5ab4
Additional Information 3: 41f3
Additional Information 4: 41f360da6cef0cf5b4c88622cc78942e

What are the hardware specs of the computer you are running it on?

I am running my game with a Nvidia Geforce GTX 285 with a full screen resolution of 1280x960 and 32 bit color. The processor is a AMD Phenom II X4 965 processor at 3.4 GHz with 8.00 GB of ram. Everything is turned up all the way in the game and runs excellent.

Does anyone know why this is happening. I keep getting these black screens during gameplay.

Have you tried running it in Windows XP compatibility mode?

What version of Windows are you trying to run it on?

Are you patched up to the latest version?

I set it up on my new Windows 8 last night and it worked just fine for me (without any compatibility settings)

I have the game patched up to 1.004. It plays well and sometimes I can go for awile without a black screen so it's very unpredictible. I think it might have a problem being in full screen mode or that file msvcrt.dll causing the Client MFC crash is conflicting with the game cause it's a new version of msvcrt.dll. Maybe you need the older version of that file in order to make it run properly. What settings did you set up your game to make it work properly?

I have the game patched up to 1.004. It plays well and sometimes I can go for awile without a black screen so it's very unpredictible. I think it might have a problem being in full screen mode or that file msvcrt.dll causing the Client MFC crash is conflicting with the game cause it's a new version of msvcrt.dll. Maybe you need the older version of that file in order to make it run properly. What settings did you set up your game to make it work properly?

Here's a screenshot of my video settings for the game:

nolfsetting.jpg