time for me to move on

I haven't played nolf1 or 2 in close to a month now. I did jump into a server a week ago, but I didn't get the satisfaction out of it as I used to. I have decided that it is time to put all my nolf files on backup disks and uninstall both, freeing up a few gigs of valuable disk space. I plan to formally reunite with the nolf community when fear comes out (and when I get a pc that will run it). I have heard from everyone that has tried the demo, that it's really good, and will totally appeal to former/present nolfers.

You guys will likely see a lot less of me till then, but I'll definitely pop in sometimes to keep up on the drama. :wink:

That's unfortunate.

From what I've read and seen of Fear it's alot more militaristic than the nolf series.

The demo trailer reminded me of Half Life 2 (definately not nolf)

We of course wish you well and we'll keep a place here for you.

Eliteone brings up an important point...There aren't many games out there that have both traditional fps gameplay and a nice dose of offbeat humor. I wouldn't play at all if the game didn't constantly leave me in stitches. It's fun, addictive, and relatively non-competitive. I won't hold my breath for NOLF 3, but in the meantime, hopefully we'll discover other similarly themed games to tide us over.

Word Eliteone and Daybreak. I imagine it will be hard to bring Nolfers as a unity over to FEAR for those exact reasons; FEAR is a serious, dark, violent game (to the best of my knowledge and probably a good such) which appeals to different sides of a gamer, than those which have kept me hanging around Nolf2 for over two years now.

Oh and I almost forgot mellow.gif

Do come back soon slngsht! I understand that you can't give it all to Nolf after all this time but just don't forget to come back later. smile.gif

All the best dude. When I finally win the lottery, I'll start up my fantastic games company, build a FPS shooter with a GSOH and win you back with it! Hey... it could happen.

That's unfortunate. 

From what I've read and seen of Fear it's alot more militaristic than the nolf series.

The demo trailer reminded me of Half Life 2 (definately not nolf)

We of course wish you well and we'll keep a place here for you.

5941[/snapback]

Actually Fear's beta is open to the public now. You can even run a server.

It has 3 maps. biggrin.gif

You could try it out if you have some extra servers, so Nolfer's can evaluate.

As for my experience, its basically a so so game. Its graphics are kind blocky, and it looks like they concentrated on sprites/bullet impacts/etc over everything else.

And Fear's Graphics kind of remind me of Nolf 1. Theres really nothing state of the art about it.

Its actually more like a dumbed down version of Counter Strike.

all the more reason to love it! I'm not big into fps games that you have to coordinate attacks and rely on everyone else to back you up most of the game. I like going in guns blazing, so I'm not any good at those types of games.

sorry, getting off topic here...

Actually Fear's beta is open to the public now. You can even run a server.

It has 3 maps.  biggrin.gif

You could try it out if you have some extra servers, so Nolfer's can evaluate.

As for my experience, its basically a so so game. Its graphics are kind blocky, and it looks like they concentrated on sprites/bullet impacts/etc  over everything else.

And Fear's Graphics kind of remind me of Nolf 1. Theres really nothing state of the art about it.

6046[/snapback]

Its a beta.

I was referring to this part of your post:

I was referring to this part of your post:

6062[/snapback]

Just expressing my opinion.

I KNOW its a beta, but they better make some changes in the weapons.

Ive beta tested ALOT of games and I just call it as I see it. People will either love it or hate it.

Right now, I'm ambivelent.

mellow.gif <<<-----Ambivelent smiley

The Fear engine, after 4 or 5 years or refinements since Nolf1, couldn't possibly be that bad. Perhaps "The Simsons" might compare to Nolf1. I've lost all trust in any evaluation of other games from Nolf Players.

I will buy Fear if I can get it to run on my machine, period. There can be no comparison between Nolf1 and Fear. No, I haven't played the demo. I don't need to. I know its "State of the Art." Lithtech always has been... Even the specs to run the game tell you it is far superior to Nolf1.

Back to Slngsht for a moment... sorry to hear you have to go for a while. I look forward to your return.

I won't buy FEAR or bother with the demo. There is clearly no 'fun' to it at all, which is what appeals to me most about the NOLF games. I also dislike games that are 'dark'. There just isn't anything about the game that interests me. sad.gif

thx bella, I don't really plan on leaving the friends I made behind, I just am not going to play the nolf games anymore. I may return one day, but I don't really see that happening.

Well, Sling, what about your clan project??? Sorry to hear that we won't be able to frag you as regularly as we did in the past. Oh well, don't worry, you'll come back to NOLF sometimes. I'm in one of these moments myself, I haven't launched any of the two games in ages, but I know I can't live long without NOLFing. Old NOLFers are like old vampires... They get stronger with time, they need less blood, less often, so they have the time to conentrate on quality rather than quantity... but they need it anyway! wink.gif

Just because you decide to quit playing Nolf doesn't mean you have to leave the forums. Why make a big deal out of it? Remove the game and make room for something else more useful.

thx bella, I don't really plan on leaving the friends I made behind, I just am not going to play the nolf games anymore. I may return one day, but I don't really see that happening.

Geez I didn't realize how much you like that new rug of yours! laugh.gif

thx bella,  I don't really plan on leaving the friends I made behind, I just am not going to play the nolf games anymore.  I may return one day, but I don't really see that happening.

6139[/snapback]

laugh.gif

Genesis: It was me and septa who were $oE, and we decided it was pointless to even attempt to start up a new clan with the dwindling numbers of new players, so we both decided to move on to something else together. At this point in the life of the game, concentration should be on maintaining existing clans.

Thanks spazz! I was invited to do this by genesis, but I decided I would not be able to represent any clan very well, simply because I don't play anymore. It would just be a waste of administrative time for anyone in charge of me to have to add me to lists, keep up with me, and simply encourage me to join a server once in a while. I do appreciate all who have shown interest in me. It makes me feel good! This is why I'm sticking around. All you guys are good company!